• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Sammy's Fiscal Report Lists Sonic Generations For PC And 3DS

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
lunchwithyuzo said:
CD's the real Sonic 3. The GG games were barely passable, raise your standards.

CD sucks ass, my good man. It's a terrible, jumbled mess of a game, with a few good ideas here and there. The GG games were, in fact, pretty darn good (and way superior to Sonic CD). Well, except for Sonic Blast.

From The Dust said:
But... Sonic Boom :(

Sonic Boom is one of the few good things about that terrible, terrible game.

Suairyu

Banned
lunchwithyuzo said:
If you played the GameGear games on their intended platform - the Master System - they were amazing. Not quite MegaDrive Sonic tier, but extremely good. Sonic 2 and Master System is one of my favourite Sonic games.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
lunchwithyuzo said:
Sonic Triple Trouble challenges your point.

Sonic 3 was good, as was Sonic CD. However, I prefer Sonic 2 and 3&K over CD, but by a smidge.

Anyway... 3DS and PS3 versions day 1.

SykoTech

Tucah said:
As I once saw suggested in the Sonic Generations thread, it would be so great if the 3DS version was completely different with redone levels from the handheld games.

Yep. That'd probably be the only thing to get me to double dip.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Blegh, no it wouldn't. The GG/GBA/DS games are all pretty terrible compared to Sonic 1-3k/CD.

I don't agree, but that's a moot point anyway. Most modern Sonic games are "pretty terrible" compared to the classics, but Sega's still including levels from them. Besides, it's not like they're just going to copy n paste the gameplay/level design from those games anyway.

TimmiT

Sega changed the listing, it now says that Sonic Generations is for Xbox 360 and PS3 only:
15n3pxf.png

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/japanese/pdf/release/20110516prezen_j_final.pdf

Damage control?

Top Bottom