• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega publishing Aliens Infestation (Developed By WayForward)

Dascu

No platforms mentioned and I suppose it won't be a DS (only) game anymore. Perhaps for the downloadable services? 3DS?

Pyrokai

WayForward is generally awesome. Always happy to see new stuff from them. Very productive company, too. New games all the time :p

Dascu said:
No platforms mentioned and I suppose it won't be a DS (only) game anymore. Perhaps for the downloadable services? 3DS?

It would be cool if it shows up for psn/live. That trailer is so old the game could look like anything by now.

fernoca

Mr. B Natural said:
Aliens infestation?
Never heard of...

TKbVF.jpg

??? :p

We know the sprite animation is amazing, but what do we know about the gameplay? I need to know about the gameplay before I can make some kind of judgement.

WarZombie

Neo Member
ninj4junpei said:
Do want. O_O I hope it's a Metroidvania, it's kind of hard to tell from the video posted.

Completely agree. An Alien Metroidvania would make my day. Announcement at E3, perhaps?

For some reason I believed that elephant nosed beige thing was a Space Jockey, but only now I realise it's an alien hatched from one instead.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Father_Brain said:
*Sorry for the shitty music - I believe Sega took all versions of the original video upload offline and that's what I could find.
Actually, I think that song was in the original leak.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Tyrant_Onion said:
Wouldn't be surprising if Sega regrets wasting the license just on AvP3.
Well, technically, that was a Vivendi game that Sega picked up the rights to after Axedivision.

cj_iwakura

Please be like the Aliens arcade game please be like the Aliens arcade game.
(The side scroller, not the rail shooter.)

kaiwing

I haven't been disappointed with any WayForward title yet, so I'm definitely optimistic about this title. The canceled version looked good, hopefully they're sprucing it up in this new release.

FoneBone

Tyrant_Onion said:
They've got Colonial Marines... maybe... and the Creative Assembly project, which is reportedly huge. I doubt it.

cuyahoga said:
Well, technically, that was a Vivendi game that Sega picked up the rights to after Axedivision.
Source? This is literally the first I've heard of it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Tyrant_Onion said:
They used it as the test game for the rest of the franchise.

Now they even have Creative Assembly making a survival horror title.

eXistor

The Aliens games have a pretty decent track record as far as sidecrollers go (I loved both the SNES and Genesis versions of Alien 3) and this is WayForward. Looks like fun so far, but the video was kind of vague in a lot of ways.

SmithnCo

WayForward and Aliens? Sounds cool.

That Colonial Marines sidescroller looked fun too, at least the sprite art and animation was great looking. Wouldn't mind if this is a retitle of that game.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'll buy it just for that song during the Colonial Marines trailer Aliens... living inside a human, brilliant. Seriously though it's WayForward and I love them so.

Had my eye on this before under its previous name, I'm very much happy to see its still alive.

Yay for the DS not being quite dead yet.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Ahoi-Brause said:
That game has awesome spriteart.
Konami should hire wayforward for a new castlevania and a new contra (again)

That's a way to awesome idea to ever realistically happen :( (for Castlevania that is)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ohh delayed for a 3DS version? (possibly saying what people are hoping)

if not hope it's the same as the DS trailer game for DS..

Top Bottom