• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish police arrests three over PSN Hack

Man

policia Policía Nacional retweeted by PSNvicheous
La Policía ha detenido a los 3 líderes de Anonymous en Bcn, Alicante y Almería. Desde domicilio en Gijón atacaron la tienda Playstation

Translated:
Police arrested the 3 leaders of Anonymous in Bcn, Alicante and Almeria. Since residing in Gijón attacked the Playstation Store

Salsa

Man said:
La Policía ha detenido a los 3 líderes de Anonymous en Bcn, Alicante y Almería. Desde domicilio en Gijón atacaron la tienda Playstation

Police has captured the 3 leaders of Anonymous in Barcelona, Alicante and Almería. They attacked the PSN network from a house in Gijón.

should have been in OP

Mik2121

Hanmik said:
could you please post a translation..?
The police has arrested 3 Anonymous leaders in Barcelona, Alicante and Almeria. With residence in Gijon from where they attacked the Playstation Store.

Hanmik

more here:

MADRID -- Spanish police say they have arrested three suspected computer hackers for allegedly belonging to a loose-knit international activist group that has attacked corporate and government websites around the world.
A National Police statement issued Friday identified the three detainees as leaders of the Spanish section of a group that calls itself "Anonymous."
Police said a computer server in one of their homes was used to coordinate and carry out the cyber attacks on targets including two major Spanish banks, the Italian energy company Enel and the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colombia and New Zealand.
The statement said the only other countries to act against "Anonymous" so far are the United States and Britain.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28192874/detail.html

edit.. nothing about PSN..?

babuchy

Man said:

Translated:
Police arrested the 3 leaders of Anonymous in Bcn, Alicante and Almeria. Since residing in Gijón attacked the Playstation Store

¡¡¡Qué bueno!!!

Translated: Great!!! ;)

Hanmik

more here..

MADRID — Spanish police say they have arrested three suspected computer hackers for allegedly belonging to a loose-knit international activist group that has attacked corporate and government websites around the world.

A National Police statement issued Friday identified the three detainees as leaders of the Spanish section of a group that calls itself "Anonymous."

Police said a computer server in one of their homes was used to coordinate and carry out the cyber attacks on targets including two major Spanish banks, the Italian energy company Enel and the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colombia and New Zealand.

The statement said the only other countries to act against "Anonymous" so far are the United States and Britain.

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2011/06/10/6826227-spain-nabs-3-suspected-of-global-cyber-attacks

but still nothing about PSN hack.. i`m not sure they are related.. they attacked Spanish Banks, Enel and Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colombia and New Zealand... but not PSN,..

protonion said:
Send them to a jail full of PS3 fans.

So they can be lightly brushed by flailing, atrophied gamer limbs?

No, send them to Mexican drug lords, Colonel Gadaffi, or Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

Seriously, can't say I care if I'm being honest. As much as it was cyber-terrorism to gamers, Sony are a big company that can learn to deal with attacks, these guys are probably fucked for life now. It doesn't even sound like its definitely related to the PSN hack... was that the group led by these guys or the LulzSec / lulzboat dudes?

If and when the right people are found, they should be hired to help with overhauling Sony's network infrastructure security - not imprisoned.

Not to be a dick or anything because I sure wish they have arrested those hackers for real, but... I don't trust a word the Policía says :/ And neither does Spain, #cupulasinexistentes is treding in spanish twitter, lol.

lherre

Accurate
Other (playstation store is mentioned)

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espa...mous/Espana/elpepuesp/20110610elpepunac_3/Tes

Entre otros ataques, desde la vivienda se coordinaron arremetidas contra los sitios web de la tienda Playstation, BBVA, Bankia, Enel, y de los gobiernos de Egipto, Argelia, Libia, Irán, Chile, Colombia y Nueva Zelanda. En España, los detenidos lanzaron un ataque el pasado 18 de mayo contra la página de la Junta Electoral Central, y después también contra las webs de la policía autonómica catalana, los Mossos d'Esquadra, y del sindicato UGT.

Playstation Store, spanish banks, egypt, argelia, libia, irán, chile, colombia and new zealand goverments. And recently they send attacks to catalonian police website, UGT sindicate web and a web related to recently spain elections.

good job, arrest those eevvvvilllll hackers who destroyed our very livelihoods and those of corrupt corporations and banking institutions. oh wait. this is sad and being happy for their arrest is sad too, in my opinion

brb said:
great news! hopefully this will be the start of an end to the hacking.

It's a hydra, man. This whole thing started when Sony tried to punish a single hacker who wasn't even doing anything objectively wrong.

Leonsito

A Link to the Snitch said:
There is, in fact, a handful of people who operate together, anonymously.

Yeah, but the spanish press is talking about this like they were a highly organised terrorist group, leadership of Anonymous hahaha

They say that all attacks were ccordinated from ONE server in Gijón, and they attacked about 15 websites, including egypt, iran and argelia govs...

Alpha-Bromega said:
good job, arrest those eevvvvilllll hackers who destroyed our very livelihoods and those of corrupt corporations and banking institutions. oh wait. this is sad and being happy for their arrest is sad too, in my opinion

Wait what.

Leonsito said:
Yeah, but the spanish press is talking about this like they were a highly organised terrorist group, leadership of Anonymous hahaha

They say that all attacks were ccordinated from ONE server in Gijón, and they attacked about 15 websites, including egypt, iran and syria govs...

Wait.... how am I supposed to be righteously indignant now?

Alpha-Bromega said:

so wait, the best solution is to let these people go around and hack government websites, banks, elections and whatever institutions they can think of?

lherre

Accurate
Leonsito said:

They say that all attacks were ccordinated from ONE server in Gijón, and they attacked about 15 websites, including egypt, iran and argelia govs...

No, the news only tell about "spanish heads" of the organization in Spain, not about "whole Anonymous organization".

vantastic

think they don't deserve it? cry me a freakin river. i have no sympathy for any of them. go back to trolling psn threads with "i'm not trusting my cc to sony ever again!"

Leonsito

lherre said:
No, the news only tell about "spanish heads" of the organization in Spain, not about "whole Anonymous organization".

Yeah, you're right, the spanish leadership.

I didn't know there were anonymous divisions by countries lol

M.D

They'll by apologizing next year on Sony's E3 stage and say they didn't really like PSN, but Sony sold them on the idea and they're developing a new PSN

Sew

Look, I know some pretty uncool stuff was done to Sony, but I can't believe how many people are implying that they hope these guys get raped in jail. Is that how strongly you really feel? About a large entity that just wants your money? If this is team Sony, then hack the fucking planet.

nib95

Banned
Sew said:
Look, I know some pretty uncool stuff was done to Sony, but I can't believe how many people are implying that they hope these guys get raped in jail. Is that how strongly you really feel? About a large entity that just wants your money? If this is team Sony, then hack the fucking planet.

People love their gaming. Evidently a lot of people are bitter they were deprived of the online side of it for what was it, a month or two? Serious business.

Top Bottom