• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memes you're getting tired of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
Some memes are funny. Some memes are stupid. Some memes should never have been a meme in the first place. Some memes never get old, some lose appeal after time.

You have read the word meme seven times now.

What meme(s) do you want to see never used again?

Myself, I am tired of "my body is ready" meme and any variant of it (not ready, etc).

"You are already dead" meme is still good, but sometimes people use it in inappropriate threads (ie no relevance) and it gets closer and closer to wearing out its meme-appeal.

By the way, ten memes now. Oops, eleven.

NGAMER9 said:
"You are already dead" was never funny. Ever.

1-1277407026.gif

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
All memes end up drawn out quick. If there is a meme that everybody is aware of, it has already been played out. End that garbage.

The king and still worst is "fail."

I hate that misuse of the english language so much.

McNum

Getting tired of the 4Chan faces, too. Except trollface.

The "You're already dead" meme still has a little life left in it. I saw a funny variant with the exact same picture say "Go see a doctor!" when someone was asking for medical advice.

Bananakin

I usually don't get tired of memes as quickly as some other people. It's funny though how when it happens, that's it. There's just a sudden transition and you no longer find it funny.

Edit: I will say that scumbag steve always seemed particular forced, and lacked a consistent vision.

I enjoy most...they usually get to meme status cause they are funny.
The ones I couldnt take from day1 is them stupid pinwheel ones or whatever they called..like philosiraptor, bachelor toad, or really mostly anyone you can find on a memegenerator site. (though i do enjoy Y U NO GUY)

Dina

Most ones made extra popular here on GAF. You are already dead and my body is ready being the main offenders.

Fugu

I am mostly tired of the liberal use of the word "trolling". There are a million different ways to describe the action of busting one's balls but it seems that this one has replaced all others as it has this mysterious property to induce laughter in some people even when something is not funny.

Reaction images and "u mad?" are quite possibly the least funny things to be spawned out of 4chan for as long as I can remember. "U mad?", in particular, is one of those conversation-nullifying phrases, the usage of which is inversely related to how interested I am in talking to you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
All of them, really. They have a shelf life of about 2 days before the dumbass collective runs them into the ground.

Recently, the "already dead" and pony memes are the most obnoxious. The problem is that people make no effort to make it funny or fresh, they just repeat what other people say and hope to be noticed.

moniker

All of them.

Someone posts something funny, then it get's reposted and mutated ad infinitum and it kills whatever comedic value it had at the start.

UFRA

Nekofrog said:
Some memes are funny. Some memes are stupid. Some memes should never have been a meme in the first place. Some memes never get old, some lose appeal after time.

You have read the word meme seven times now.

What meme(s) do you want to see never used again?

Myself, I am tired of "my body is ready" meme and any variant of it (not ready, etc).

"You are already dead" meme is still good, but sometimes people use it in inappropriate threads (ie no relevance) and it gets closer and closer to wearing out its meme-appeal.

By the way, ten memes now. Oops, eleven.

Wow, really?

I see "you are already dead" wayyyyyyyy too often. It's over used and out of its prime...time to retire it. I don't know how anyone could still think that one is good.

AlteredBeast said:
All memes end up drawn out quick. If there is a meme that everybody is aware of, it has already been played out. End that garbage.

I always thought of memes more as inside jokes than fads; something we poke at lot at first but then only mention sparingly. Not have a whole a database dedicated to them (i.e. Know Your Meme or that OhInternet whatever).

You get tired of all them eventually; and it annoys me personally when people try to use or say memes outside the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom