• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Interracial Dating Thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was reading this and saw some stuff in the girl-age thread too so decided to create this thread. Anyone have any experience(s) with interracial datin'?

Delio

I'll bite my current bf is a white man and i'm black. I have found my successes with white/asian or latino men have been better than being with a black man.

Sullen

My girlfriend is Mexican and I am white. I guess we are an interracial couple, but I never really think of it that way. Why do people get caught up on that as some kind of point of interest?

Delio said:
I'll bite my current bf is a white man and i'm black. I have found my successes with white/asian or latino men have been better than being with a black man.

That you in your avatar? If so I have some jarring news.

Ranger X

I am "white" and my wife is african.
I dated many black girls, they are awesome and talking easily with my genes!

Just gonna pitch a tent in this here thread and watch.

Also, my current girlfriend is Hispanic and I'm black.
My previous girlfriends were black women and white women.
I don't discriminate. No one ever should.

Ranger X said:
I am "white" and my wife is african.
I dated many black girls, they are awesome and talking easily with my genes!

Talking with your genes? wtf is going on in this thread lol

edit - language barrier I guess

I'm a whitey and am currently dating a girl originally from the Philippines. She's just as nutty as any other broad. Haha.

She's great, though. Race has nothing to do with anything. It's more a matter of culture shock, if anything. We've known each other for more than 2 years now, and I'm still continually surprised by things I consider weird, but are apparently normal where she grew up.

I also used to date a japanese girl. I swear I'm not one of those guys who only dates asian chicks, it just worked out that way :D

Lebron

Current GF is Asian and I'm black. Not a single fuck is given. We've had our culture clashes, but eh, it comes with the territory.

captmcblack said:
Just gonna pitch a tent in this here thread and watch.

Also, my current girlfriend is Hispanic and I'm black.
My previous girlfriends were black women and white women.
I don't discriminate. No one ever should.
*fist bump*

I'm the product of interracial dating. So I can't hate.

Most people consider me white though. I've dated: Black, black/french, mexican and my baby mama is mexican. I've only slept with an Asian women never dated. I need tips from Asian gaf. Asian women seem to be the only ones I can't pick up on.

cleavon1-sized.jpg

I don't know if it fits but the only girls that really turn me down based solely off skin color are dark skinned black girls. Light skinned black girls, white, and spanish girls are all game but I get turned down by dark skinned girls for not being dark enough semi frequently, it's really starting to annoy me. It happened twice this month. What is this nonsense and is it common?

I'm black, btw about the same or a shade lighter than Obama.

BamYouHaveAids said:
I don't know if it fits but the only girls that really turn me down based solely off skin color are dark skinned black girls. Light skinned black girls, white, and spanish girls are all game but I get turned down by dark skinned girls for not being dark enough semi frequently, it's really starting to annoy me. It happened twice this month. What is this nonsense and is it common?

I'm black, btw about the same or a shade lighter than Obama.

Change the words "dark skinned..." to blonde hair white girls and I have the white version of your problem. I'm olive skinned and have brown eyes. Not white enough for them blondes.

RC

Banned
I've only ever dated white girls, and that one asian girl. I'm too white washed to date within my race, not that I really give a fuck anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
foodtaster said:
Who said it was an issue?
I believe my word choice may of been extremely poor. My beef is that the topic is not worded to my liking. The way it is worded geared towards the discussion of dating people with genetic differences from you, which is a factor that at best only ties into your physical attraction to a person, and is not something you should use to judge people by, rather then a discussion of ethic differences, which factor into things such as how you interpret social norms, and your cultural values. Interracial is a somewhat loaded term that invokes the idea of two people of different skin colors, which is a factor that really doesn't matter, similar to height or hair color. Two people can be of different races, but could have both been raced in the same social culture, making the fact that they are different races of little relevance (Outside the aforementioned physical attraction)

Now, discussion of dating someone of a different ethnic group is something of a more interesting topic, and what I believe you intended this topic to be about, but wishing to exclude differences such monetary class, and two people from different parts of the same nation that are from very different ethnic groups (Like a Redneck and a College Graduate from New York, for example)

Short version:
Race, doesn't matter. Ethnic group, matters.

SRG01

By the very nature of where I live, I date more caucasian girls than asian girls. There was a smooooking hot light skinned black girl in my Salsa class years ago, but she left before I could get her number :(

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I have gone out with every girl of every ethnicity (yes I'm counting the mixed girls, shit still counts).

Akainu

Oreo? Are we talking about a three way with a white girl in the middle and a black guy on the top and bottom?

This will TOTALLY turn out to be the hangout spot for closet racists when all is said and done. :lol

With that said, holy fuck I never knew Robert De Niro married Grace Hightower....mind is blown.

Raguel

I though this thread was was about Oreos. Seriously. My mind just skipped to the oreos part. What a dumb and misleading title. Anyways, on topic, I've never had an issue dating outside my "race." No one should. I'm asian and I've dated almost every "race." The most annoying were, not surprisingly, asian girls. I am hugely turned off by asian girls.

Edit: I actually have a date with a Haitian coming up. She's a real cutie.

GhaleonEB

My first girlfriend was Hispanic but that's not the interesting detail. She was also a psychopath, and after our relationship ended turned lesbian. Anyone else have that particular experience?

Caerith

Drkirby said:
Why is it even an issue?
People take issue with lots of things. Race, redheads, southpaws, height, people of a different religion, people of a mostly-the-same religion, and just about anything else that's decided before you're born. I once knew a guy of Irish descent who was married to a girl of Scottish descent (but both American by a few generations) and she got preggers; her parents convinced her to abort because they didn't want their daughter giving birth to "a filthy Irish baby."

The female I'm currently spending my time with is white. I have been with women from many ethnic backgrounds, I don't discriminate. Although I have been with many white women I've never had a white girlfriend.

But the real question of this thread is:
How many pages until the Blasian Invasion??!!!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Caerith said:
People take issue with lots of things. Race, redheads, southpaws, height, people of a different religion, people of a mostly-the-same religion, and just about anything else that's decided before you're born. I once knew a guy of Irish descent who was married to a girl of Scottish descent (but both American by a few generations) and she got preggers; her parents convinced her to abort because they didn't want their daughter giving birth to "a filthy Irish baby."
But that example is an Ethnic issue, not a Racial one. Race is a badly treated biological term, it refers to genetic differences. This topic is equivalent of asking "Experiences of Dating people with different hair color", rather then "Dating someone from Anther Country" or "Experiences of Dating Different Ethnic Groups".

Has anyone else here lived in more than one country? I've lived in Germany for a few years and travelled all over Europe. Dating was easier there. Not sure how to explain in it, outside of it was just easier. And don't Get me wrong I am not saying the women are easy.

I miss my Half black half French ex.

Edit: this thread has me thinking. None of my friend date within their ethnic group.

Archer

I stopped going out with girls of my ethnicity a long, long, long time ago.

My long term gf is Persian.
You don't know what you're missing.

Lebron said:

She's very pretty. Great smile.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Oreo? Are we talking about a three way with a white girl in the middle and a black guy on the top and bottom?

I like to lick the white frosting in the middle and soak the two cookies with my milk afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom