• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good video game artwork worth framing?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I need to start putting pictures up in my new apartment. I was wondering if there was any good video game artwork worth framing? Is there anyplace you guys would recommend to buy from?

Salsa

1221313-dscf3151_super.jpg

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/tomi-prints-purcell-unsigned

Still on sale even though its out of stock (only unsigned version though). Guess they'd just ship it when they have it. Real price is hown in the cart once you add it: $3.75

That pic up there came up in google images but i think its actually from a gaffer

Chavelo

JaskoX1 said:
If you don't plan on getting laid then go for it. Ebay?

HURR HURR, THAT'S FROM ICO, RIGHT? OMG, WHAT A MAJOR NERD.

OH, GOD. HE ALSO POSTS ON NEOGAF?

EDIT: Oh my. Great post, Reminder. :D

Salmonax

Mario said:
As anecdotal evidence, I have this in my apartment and 2 from 2 women at my place on Saturday night mentioned they liked it without prompt or explanation.
That's cool. Looks very Murakami-esque.

Trojita said:
I need to start putting pictures up in my new apartment. I was wondering if there was any good video game artwork worth framing? Is there anyplace you guys would recommend to buy from?

I'd also like to know this.

Sadly I lost a lot of my old movie posters b/c I never took care of them :(

ampere

Assuming you have a good resolution picture, where do you go to get in printed? Kinkos? A website?

This place comes up on google, but I wanted to hear if any GAF member had a recommendation.

Bulzeeb

Why would you do that? said:
The other day, I ordered Zelda posters from Club Nintendo, because my mother really liked the Twilight Princess one and she said she would frame it:

i3gGu.jpg

this, I want to know :p

jergrah

ciaossu said:
Assuming you have a good resolution picture, where do you go to get in printed? Kinkos? A website?

This place comes up on google, but I wanted to hear if any GAF member had a recommendation.

I would look around your city for a locally run print shop. You might pay a bit more, but the help, staff knowledge and quality of the print will undoubtedly be much better than youll find at a Kinkos.

ciaossu said:

Find a local place.

I went in and told them that I want to frame it and hang it on my wall and it needs to look good.

Like...really good.

I told them that if they do a good job, I'll definitely be back with more images.

Protip - Don't look for cheap.

If you're looking to hang stuff on your walls and do so on a budget, you're doing it wrong. you might get lucky and find cheap, but look for super high quality over cost-sensitivity.

Anything can look good if drawn by the right artist.

Should be about official art really since it narrows it down to what artstyle the developer decided to go for.

Damn, this will be the first thread i subscribe to, some of the stuff posted in here looks awesome. I wish some of Ito's silent hill art was out in hi res so I could print it out.

Anyway not sure if this is fan art work but I have always wanted to frame this.

jergrah

Also - just go browse around on DeviantArt. There is some great stuff out there and many of the artists sell their prints or give permission to print them yourself if you want. Just search for a game or series that you like and scroll through the art.

NeededSleep

Any sites anyone recommends on getting qualityprint artwork from? i too am looking to furnish my gaming room soon. love the ico/shadow of colossus stuff, mgs and legend of zelda stuff.

ampere

jergrah said:
I would look around your city for a locally run print shop. You might pay a bit more, but the help, staff knowledge and quality of the print will undoubtedly be much better than youll find at a Kinkos.
bigdaddygamebot said:
Find a local place.

I went in and told them that I want to frame it and hang it on my wall and it needs to look good.

Like...really good.

I told them that if they do a good job, I'll definitely be back with more images.

Protip - Don't look for cheap.

If you're looking to hang stuff on your walls and do so on a budget, you're doing it wrong. you might get lucky and find cheap, but look for super high quality over cost-sensitivity.
Thanks for the advice, yeah if I were going for cheap I might as well print it with my inkjet :lol

Top Bottom