• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

smurfx said:
naw his knife should just be able to stop other projectiles. hsien ko should lose her gold armor as well. :p
you take away the only thing Hsien-KO is useful for. SolarPowered would not approve!

he was being sarcastic. although a pipe projectile would be awesome.
hey, if capcom puts it in, Haggar could be top tier!

shaowebb

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
Let me hit you with the ryuusei sound This is how it goes down
2 hours ago

Ryuusei no Rockman in japan is the name for Megaman Starforce.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
Get BEEZY whoa EASY don't know if y'all is READY Verb-eezy check the mic Lis-eezy check the mic
2 hours ago

Not certain, but my best guess is Queen Bee from Dark Stalkers due to the emphasis on Beezy. Could mean anything or nothing at all.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
i've been waiting for so long to be so exclusive
5 hours ago

Potentially console exclusives or pre-order exclusives are implied by this. I hope there are no such things as console exclusive characters in a Marvel EVER so I'm just going to believe in it as a pre-order exclusive perk like Jill and Shuma was before.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
@ @FabsRubio wut? i just throw things real hella far
7 hours ago

Not a clue what this means if it is meant to mean anything. It was said in response to this "@lupinko Lance Lingos @ @FabsRubio wut? i just throw things real hella far
7 hours ago "
. Maybe a Rival Schools character who threw things? Bullseye? Some sort of big dude?

Who knows if this means anything at all.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
what a great line to jam to in the mornin', "can't get you outta my head like kylie minogue", ah fun times
7 hours ago

Kylie Minogue is a Cammy reference to her role in the Street Fighter movie as Cammy.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
time to sleep, and no, i will not rely on mr sandman, haha man this has been some night
14 hours ago

Like a direct clue about Sandman from Spider-man showing up in some form. Could be cool if this is the correct interpretation.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition
16 hours ago

Direct reference to something you could create and chug in Dead Rising so this pretty much puts a solid confirm on Frank West who was in all the original MVC3 silhouettes anyway including the limited edition comicbook's cover art silhouettes.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat
17 hours ago »

lupinko Lance Lingos
so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours
17 hours ago

Likely a reference to one of marvel's magic users. The color choices actually imply either Mandarin or a return of Thanos.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
don't be a foo and stay in schoo
17 hours ago

Something Rival Schools.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
just remember, imma continue to use my playa hatin' degree, so watch out mofos
17 hours ago

Not many characters with degrees in either Marvel or Capcom. Could be anyone from Phoenix Wright to Reed Richards. Too early to tell.

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
All I know is dat shit will be goin' clockw0rk, hype bitches cuz he be comin' for ya neo
21 hours ago

STRIDER. No doubt about it. Refers to clockw0rk's boss Strider used famously in his 5-digit money match versus Neo of world ending hype. Helluva series. Go watch it sometime.

God this is fun. Reminds me of silhouette hunting and when I proved Dormammu was coming. Good time to be a MVC fan right now to be sure.

shaowebb said:

As much as I'd personally love for him to be in the game, I doubt they'd put him in. Batsu has his Ryuusei Kick, so maybe it's about him if it means anything at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Battle Network >>>>>> Starforce.

Come at me bros.

Also, from the colours I was thinking Mandarin too. Would be interesting to see him or Dr. Strange. Both (and Mysterio) would be great picks.

enzo_gt said:

Come at me bros.

Also, from the colours I was thinking Mandarin too. Would be interesting to see him or Dr. Strange. Both (and Mysterio) would be great picks.

That's a no brainer but I doubt they would feature a lesser know iteration of Megaman/Rockman.

smurfx

get some go again
IntelliHeath said:
Yeah I know he was sarcastic but it sound so cool when he posted it.
lol yeah i know. i think that and a gold armor hyper and a quicker dash would make dat haggar top tier.

GSR

If this was two-three years ago I'd say the "ryuusei" thing was a sign of the Megaman from Star Force, but considering that series is dead and buried these days, I very much doubt it. If there is going to be a Megaman, odds are it would be Classic or X to match fans' demands, or Trigger to promote MML3.

enzo_gt said:

As games, maybe, but as potential for FG characters I dunno. Besides the usual huge arsenal both have, SF could have his lock-on for teleports and mixups, and maybe they could even have the brotherbands in some way having an attack that directly relates to how many team members are still alive or just a plain powerup that depends on how many of his partners are left/who whe is teamed up with or something.

MrMephistoX

enzo_gt said:

True but Starforce or X could work for skins on all three. It would be pretty cool to say have X as a base with starforce and classic color schemes or outright alt outfits.

JazzmanZ

Obviously Lupinkos daily life is confirmed for MvC3 and we all our just over-analyzing everything he says, next you'll all think Reverse vampires are in the game.

shaowebb

SolarKnight said:
As much as I'd personally love for him to be in the game, I doubt they'd put him in. Batsu has his Ryuusei Kick, so maybe it's about him if it means anything at all.

Thanks for mentioning this SolarKnight. Given the stay in schoo quote from Lupinko this could all but be trying to announce to us Batsu is coming into this game. He was in TVC already so his move set is largely figured out aside from balancing it out to better compliment Marvel and any hyper changes they may want.

He also placed high in the polls so this is a bit more likely than Megaman Starforce even though that can't really be ruled out yet. Hope its Batsu...not certain anyone wanted Megaman Starforce over some other sort of Megaman.

crimzonflame said:
Jill and Shuma weren't pre-order exclusive perks.

Lalala not listening! (doesn't want to suspect the horrors of system exclusive MVC3 characters on their way)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
JazzmanZ said:
Obviously Lupinkos daily life is confirmed for MvC3 and we all our just over-analyzing everything he says, next you'll all think Reverse vampires are in the game.

Blade or Morbius confirmed.

enzo_gt said:
004-Nicolas-Cage.gif

it's like the mortal kombat fanbase and their obsession with multi-colored ninjas

Azure J

LeMaximilian said:
If there's any raw Street Fighter that should make it into the MVC3 roster next to Ryu/Akuma, it's
Ken
. And he shall have an air dash and shoryuken can be canceled at the top with air hadokens.

So basically Oni Ken? :p

Alternate response:

[joke]Only if he has Violent Ken's bitchin' anime afro.[/joke]

smurfx

get some go again
maybe blade will finally make his appearance in marvel? btw i see a lot of people here who play marvel but never post in the community thread. you guys should post there more and we should play against each other more.

Seik

Banned
shaowebb said:

Dariapissed.png

...Personally, I really hope it's NOT Megaman Starforce. I'm for X all the way, since Zero is there it would fit quite well too. Well, if it is X, I can't wait to see his epic moveset.

smurfx

get some go again
it should be megaman x. they should just have alternate costumes that make him look more like the old school megaman.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
enzo_gt said:

Come at me bros.

You're telling the truth tho. lol.

MegaMan.Exe was in a fighting game already, so them creating moves for him wouldn't be an issue.

Oldschoolgamer said:
You're telling the truth tho. lol.

MegaMan.Exe was in a fighting game already, so them creating moves for him wouldn't be an issue.

Bit of a stretch to call Onimusha Blade Warriors a fighting game in the same vein as their more notable fighters. He's really no better off.

Anyway, I think the idea of Wily being in would be AWESOME! I wouldn't mind X or a return of Classic, but I think I'd most want to see TvC Roll.

Anyway HYPE!

Would love to see Batsu doing his TvC Lv 3 with Marvel characters. Although because it's 3-on-3 and not 2-on-2 I don't know if they'll keep it...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
LeMaximilian said:
If there's any raw Street Fighter that should make it into the MVC3 roster next to Ryu/Akuma, it's
Ken
. And he shall have an air dash and shoryuken can be canceled at the top with air hadokens.

I have to agree with Max.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
IntelliHeath said:
*look at GuardianE's Avatar* Three Ninja. *sigh*

Heehee. To be fair, I only use Jade. All the other avatars with her in it were taken!

You have to admit that in the Vs. series Ken barely resembles Ryu in moveset. He's easily more different than Ryu and Akuma (and both of them made it in there). They would be able to differentiate him a lot.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GuardianE said:
Heehee. To be fair, I only use Jade. All the other avatars with her in it were taken!

You have to admit that in the Vs. series Ken barely resembles Ryu in moveset. He's easily more different than Ryu and Akuma (and both of them made it in there). They would be able to differentiate him a lot.

I know that he does play different but would you willing to give one out of five or six spot to Ken when we could have variety characters?

aaaaaa

My dream scenario: Super MVC3 in stores with a bunch of new characters and a rebalancing. Vanilla owners get a patch with the rebalancing that can be turned off, and every new character made available in the online stores for $4 or so each.

Azure J

Between his levitation, tools (Rolling Gears, Earth Gaiser/Breaker and Gospel fusion stuff) and his free switching between keep away and close combat, he could be the Megaman character equivalent of Magneto thinking about it.

AzureJericho said:
His Rolling Gears, Earth Gaiser/Breaker and Gospel fusion stuff could make him the Megaman character equivalent of Magneto thinking about it.

Since he pretty much hates humanity and all that...

Also, I would want to see a Wii U port for this, depending upon if it's released next year.

GorillaJu

I just hope they don't do any balancing ham-fisted. I agree with most who wish for a more metered pace, slightly less damage overall and more strategic gameplay.

But from what I've seen and heard, SFxT strikes a good balance between SF4 and MvC3 in terms of pace and ease of play.

shaowebb

I'm betting balance will come in 4 forms.

• Some characters will have damage nerfs either to hypers or to everything overall
  • Some characters will get buffs or tools meant to compensate for their weaknesses making things less threatening
  • New characters designed as anti-"name character" will be created
  • X-factor buffs will be changed

I don't honestly know if any of these will work on Dark Phoenix though. Too many tools and too much damage. Maybe if she had trouble combo-ing stuff due to hit stun deterioration, but that hardly hurt Akuma did it.

mr. puppy

Banned
shaowebb said:
I'm betting balance will come in 4 forms.

• Some characters will have damage nerfs either to hypers or to everything overall
  • Some characters will get buffs or tools meant to compensate for their weaknesses making things less threatening
  • New characters designed as anti-"name character" will be created
  • X-factor buffs will be changed

I don't honestly know if any of these will work on Dark Phoenix though. Too many tools and too much damage. Maybe if she had trouble combo-ing stuff due to hit stun deterioration, but that hardly hurt Akuma did it.
BALANCE EVERYTHING

shaowebb

mr. puppy said:
BALANCE EVERYTHING

Exactly! :)

Seriously. Game is fun, but a couple of the cast need looked at or need to have cast who are designed to handle them. Iceman could deal with Phoenix, Wolverine has too much damage, Hsien Ko has no mobility to approach people, and X-factor (though a nice idea for comeback mechanics that draw gamers) is ridiculously overpowered.

I think a lot of the cast is well balanced though x-factor makes that moot when its used on them. For example I like that Spencer's mobility and damage is balanced with his difficulty stringing basics together and with his long startups on moves. I like that C.Viper has so many tools, but they made some tricks blow a meter to use in combo and gave her a high difficulty of execution and timing to perform these stunts.

There are good things in MVC3, but some characters weren't handled carefully enough. Mainly Dark Phoenix.

lupinko said:
Balance schmalance.

Point taken. Its MAHVEL BABY!
Never change :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom