• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
lupinko said:
Well I'm impressed at how close others were only to fall back down again at other places, and yet gaf still doesn't get anywhere after I made things even easier.

You have to think, just why certain things were brought up in the way they were, together no less, since there be buried the keys you seek to the answers of the past.

I should join hideo after all this convoluted cryptic jargony wuzzle wazzle. lol

And yes, the analysis is just awesome all over, intrawebz are doing great all right.
TALK ABOUT STAGES

TALK ABOUT NETCODE IMPROVEMENTS AND MECHANICS BALANCING FOR X-FACTOR AND TACS

I just thought I'd type in all caps since Alberto did.

lupinko said:
Well I'm impressed at how close others were only to fall back down again at other places, and yet gaf still doesn't get anywhere after I made things even easier.

You have to think, just why certain things were brought up in the way they were, together no less, since there be buried the keys you seek to the answers of the past.

I should join hideo after all this convoluted cryptic jargony wuzzle wazzle. lol

And yes, the analysis is just awesome all over, intrawebz are doing great all right.
Basically, Jubilee?

And at least we're not descending into a whine-fest about MvC3 like SRK did.

Edit: Oh, and since Lupinko is impressed with non-GAF analysis, let's put Capcom-Unity's up for speculation:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelv...e_will_be_a_Super_MvC3&post_num=774#501806141

Edit2: The post, for the lazy:
Frank West is for sure, because the orange juice + chocolate milk is a recipe in dead rising 2.

From what i gathered, it seems that Virgil, Jubilee, Rogue, Apocalypse, and Cable where the hints of today.

Virgil Clue: james cromwell, the guy in the babe movie also voiced Virgil in Dante's Inferno. However this can also be for Doc Oc because James played Capt. Stacy in Spiderman 3, and his character was killed by Doc Oc in the comics. However it just seems more for virgil because every tweet he gave so far delt with voice actors, and then there is the DLC polls where vergil was at top 5 or 6, i think.

Jubilee clue: My need to feed gives me the will to survive tweet... yadda yadda. sounds like a vampire. In neogaf, Lupinko posts that he gave a shoe in, and at that same time he starts his tweets with the 90's voice actor, mentioning jubilee. He also tweeted a reply to some body that he doesn't have Yellow fever. Jubilee being asian, and a vampire now makes a fitting hint.

Rogue Clue: During the morning, he starts off with a kylie minogue song "can't get you out of my head". People started thinking it was Juggernaught because he said this line about Prof X, however Rogue has said this MANY TIMES in reference to ms Marvel and the people she absorbed. Minogue rhymes with Rogue, and Rogue is the opposite of Cammy (Chibi said we have to think of the opposite or somethign like that).. Lupinko then tweets in a southern accent after that. Later on the day he talks about Lenor Zahn, who is Rogues former voice actor.

Apocalypse Clue: He starts tweet spaming with I am eternal, Annoying insects, I am far beyond chibi as chibi is far beyond you, i bring purity of oblivion... all of that are Apocalypse quotes in the 90's X-men show.
www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=t1THZ6r-b...

Cable clue: Is under the assumption that the Apocalypse quotes are for cable, and also his other tweet "Time to die, gotta get rough".

mr. puppy

Banned
people that post cryptic stuff on the internet never realize that most of their stuff doesn't make any sense to anybody except the person who made the riddles. then they sit on their high horse throughout the course of the reveal acting like everybody is just dumb and can't figure it out when in reality the design of their riddles was just horrible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Someone on SRK mentioned in the tweet: Get ready to die cause it's gonna get rough, Urien says Get Ready to Die and Cable says Time To Get Rough.

POSSIBLE LEADS?

robot you got a link to the tweet about bones?

You know what, even though I don't know all the characters I'm so fucking hyped for this DLC. LOOK AT ALL THE FUCKING GOOD CHOICES ALREADY SO FAR OMG.

Also in this tweet:
speaking of the late tony jay, he was also virgil and megabyte! not to mention having a role in twins

Maybe we should be focusing on the bolded?

enzo_gt said:
Someone on SRK mentioned in the tweet: Get ready to die cause it's gonna get rough, Urien says Get Ready to Die and Cable says Time To Get Rough.
Holy shit. Either of them would make me very happy.

lupinko

DR2K said:
Be a little less cryptic, especially for the Marvel side of hints. That universe is just too big.

But how would I win the First Annual Hideo Kojima Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Indecipherable Convolutedness?

Then again, I should be in the running for the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Global Saturation.

mr. puppy

Banned
lupinko said:
But how would I win the First Annual Hideo Kojima Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Indecipherable Convolutedness?

Then again, I should be in the running for the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Global Saturation.

or the JJ Abrams Award for Having No Idea Where My Convoluted Story is Going So I'm Just Going to Reset The Entire Plot and Ignore a Bunch of Unfinished Plot Points

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Nothing I suppose. Good looking out with that Unity link though, that's some hot detective work there.

Updated my list a bit, hope people can make corrections or get their memory jogged:

All but confirmed:

Strider (All I know is dat shit will be goin' clockw0rk, hype bitches cuz he be comin' for ya neo)
Phoenix Wright ( なるほど、ハイプになるだよ!(`_´)ゞ ; Well now it's hype! Phoenix Wright, followed by someone pointing)
Chuck Greene (or is it Frank West? People said it was a DR2 recipe) (You know combining orange juice and chocolate milk actually makes a great drink, I recommend it, gives you the boost and nutrition)
Apocalypse (Watch me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world)
Jubilee ("fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one" @Barlog_WINS , 2011 ; We all know Alysson Court is the one true Jubilee (and Claire Redfield!), Catherine Disher, Cedric Smith, Lawrence Bayne, I could go on & on ; My need to feed ; I gotta find it fast ; To keep me alive)
Venom (time to sleep, and no, i will not rely on mr sandman, haha man this has been some night ; Hey does anyone remember the movie babe? the one about the talking pig? that was a good movie, james cromwell was dope in it)

Potential:

Rogue (what a great line to jam to in the mornin', "can't get you outta my head like kylie minogue", ah fun times ; speaking of old marvel casts, lenore zahn is amazing as is richard fucking grieco aka best ghost rider ever as he killed galactus so hard)
Cable/Urien (Get ready to die cause it's gonna get rough)

Questionable:

Dr. Strange/Mandarin/MegaMan Starforce(?) (so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours ; of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat)
??? (too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector)
Batsu/Rival Schools Character/??? (don't be a foo and stay in schoo ; Let me hit you with the ryuusei sound This is how it goes down ; We back again in the LAB now To turn it out ; We gon get you out your seats now Y'all know what's it all 'bout)
Queen Bee/??? (Get BEEZY whoa EASY don't know if y'all is READY Verb-eezy check the mic Lis-eezy check the mic)
Cable/??? (too bad that guy didn't allow john to get dem aids, smh no more aegis reflector)
??? (just remember, imma continue to use my playa hatin' degree, so watch out mofos)
Roll/??? (dat robochick would give anyone dat h.a.r.d.a.c)
Doctor Octopus? (speaking of the late tony jay, he was also virgil and megabyte! not to mention having a role in twins)

Should also note, credit goes to detectives at SRK and Capcom-Unity too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lupinko said:

That's cool with us if you want to try. Many people are getting annoyed with the puzzles because they tried their best and marvel/capcom universe is too big and variety.

You finally got some people to approve you and give you thumb up unlike people did in first leaked list for mvc3. Do you really want to lose people's respects?

It was fun and I really hope that Chuck Greene/Frank West, Strider, Phoenix Wright, Roll and Ms. Marvel get in then I will be happy as kids getting their n64 for christmas.

I'll just repost this here since I found it interesting:

A lot of people missed something back in the "ryuseei" tweet. Remember, the whole setting in the Star Force series is based upon soundwaves and frequencies. Basically sound and music. So in that context Star Force is the best fit, especially with the tweets that followed;, but that doesn't mean it was a clue for Star Force necessarily, it could be the inverse of a hint for a Battle Network character.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Choppasmith said:
I thought it was a nod to Virgil from DMC beign Dante's Twin brother.
I.. think you may have just cracked the code. :O

in b4 Dahbomb spills his man-juice everywhere in this thread.

Buzzati

Banned
I wish the OP would sum up the thread thus far.

Do we have any solid scoops? As I understand it, there's someone in this thread giving hints about the new (DLC? new game?) MVC?

Anyone got a quick rundown?

DR2K

Banned
lupinko said:

You have to realize no one like MGS around here, lol.

Is Rogue going to be in? Did the Capgods listen to my prayers?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Buzzati said:
I wish the OP would sum up the thread thus far.

Do we have any solid scoops? As I understand it, there's someone in this thread giving hints about the new (DLC? new game?) MVC?

Anyone got a quick rundown?
Scroll up and look at my post, I'm making a better version now. We don't know if it will be DLC as well, but Lupinko has hinted at it being a new release, prefixed Super.

lupinko

mr. puppy said:
or the JJ Abrams Award for Having No Idea Where My Convoluted Story is Going So I'm Just Going to Reset The Entire Plot and Ignore a Bunch of Unfinished Plot Points

That works too.

Buzzati

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Scroll up and look at my post, I'm making a better version now. We don't know if it will be DLC as well, but Lupinko has hinted at it being a new release, prefixed Super.

WOW. Okay, thanks. That's nuts.

lupinko

I was going to say things since you guys are going in circles, but it looks like things are getting to the nitty gritty now for one of the puzzles.

EDIT: I indirectly made one of the clues even more cryptic, so I put out later clues to rectify said portion of the clue.

Anth0ny

WOAH WOAH WOAH

Jubilee? Apocalypse? Possibly Cable and Rogue?

X-men-animated-series-intro.jpg

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD

Now if we can just get Gambit, Cyclops and Juggernaut, my life is complete.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lupinko said:
I was going to say things since you guys are going in circles, but it looks like things are getting to the nitty gritty now for one of the puzzles.

EDIT: I indirectly made one of the clues even more cryptic, so I put out later clues to rectify said portion of the clue.
You must subsidize clarity of riddles with quantity of riddles. I'm going through the thread one more time to try and pick up on stuff.

ALSO TALK ABOUT STAGES GODDAMN.
Anth0ny said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH

Jubilee? Apocalypse? Possibly Cable and Rogue?

X-men-animated-series-intro.jpg

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD

Now if we can just get Gambit, Cyclops and Juggernaut, my life is complete.
Have I ever said I love this thread? I love this thread. AND COLOSSUS.

TheOGB

Banned
also bringing this up again because I could see it happening
and I think I'd be down
Karsticles said:
Also, with the ambiguous hint that could point toward Megaman Starforce, know that there are things in that world called "wizards":
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Omega-Xis

The exact quote:
"so i was wondering, do they still make jello commercials? i mean isn't it amazing that there green and blue and all other wacky colours"
"of jello? it's like some sort of wizardry or something like dat"

Omega-Xis is green and blue. Previously, Niitsuma mentioned wanting Starforce representation in the game.

_dementia said:
They really want peeps to double dip if so.
And what an excellent way to do so?

darkblade77 said:
I'm going to point something out here: Cable and Urien share the same voice actor, Lawrence Bayne.

wikipedia link 1
wikipedia link 2
So two other people Lawrence Bayne VAed were Erik the Red and Fabian Cortez.

Assuming we want to get really convoluted, Erik the Red was a secret identity for Scott Summers(Cyclops) at one point.

So...
holy shit this is crazy

Hmm... we have several Tupac quotes, too:
"In my mind I'm a blind man doin' time."
"Look to my future, cause my past, is all behind me."
"Is it a crime, to fight, for what is mine?"

This might be referencing to Daredevil and/or Elektra. Since both are closely related, it's not out there to think Elektra.
Just like Tupac, Matt Murdock was born in Manhattan, NYC. Daredevil is blind (first quote), he is trying to come to peace with his past (second quote). The third quote doesn't make much sense to me because DD doesn't "own" justice or the honor of his father, but he fights for those two things which he believes to be right in his sense of morality.
The second quote also might be hinting towards Daredevil taking on the role of the Kingpin a couple years ago.

Elektra might be similar. Granted, I don't know too much about her recent developments, but she put her dark past behind her to become the ruthless assassin she is, and she fights for her own pleasure, as well as trying to find inner peace. I dunno what the first quote would be in that regard, but maybe it's just the connection between her and Daredevil as a hint.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Master Milk said:
Has there been any real news yet?
Expect ZERO news until like the day before Comic-Con when some Marvel employee tells you they're flying out to San-Diego, Captivate style.
Becquerel said:
Hmm... we have several Tupac quotes, too:
"In my mind I'm a blind man doin' time."
"Look to my future, cause my past, is all behind me."
"Is it a crime, to fight, for what is mine?"

This might be referencing to Daredevil and/or Elektra. Since both are closely related, it's not out there to think Elektra.
Just like Tupac, Matt Murdock was born in Manhattan, NYC. Daredevil is blind (first quote), he is trying to come to peace with his past (second quote). The third quote doesn't make much sense to me because DD doesn't "own" justice or the honor of his father, but he fights for those two things which he believes to be right in his sense of morality.
The second quote also might be hinting towards Daredevil taking on the role of the Kingpin a couple years ago.

Elektra might be similar. Granted, I don't know too much about her recent developments, but she put her dark past behind her to become the ruthless assassin she is, and she fights for her own pleasure, as well as trying to find inner peace. I dunno what the first quote would be in that regard, but maybe it's just the connection between her and Daredevil as a hint.
You son of a bitch.. holy shit. Massive Tupac fan here jizzing at the connections. Didn't even catch those. I though this was a Cyclops/Cable reference honestly.

enzo_gt said:
Expect ZERO news until like the day before Comic-Con when some Marvel employee tells you they're flying out to San-Diego, Captivate style.
I'm not even talking about confirmation from Capcom or Marvel, just a solid leak that isn't some stupid riddle or clue.

But yea, I wasn't expecting anything.

enzo_gt said:
Would it really be out of the ordinary for a Marvel rep to attend Comic-Con?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Would it really be out of the ordinary for a Marvel rep to attend Comic-Con?
Point taken lol. I guess it was actual news for one to be going to Captivate, and we've already got the inverse of that situation with Niitsuma going to SDCC. I mean, unlike people hoping for MvC3 announcements at E3, at least we have reason to believe there will be announcements there. Even Seth has had his self-restraint turned up to over 9000 on this.

shaowebb

Lupinko said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
I'm a, blind man doin' time Look to my future
5 hours ago

lupinko Lance Lingos
cause my past is all behind me
5 hours ago »

lupinko Lance Lingos
Is it a crime to fight for what is mine
5 hours ago »

Daredevil. No other possibility. References to the law and to being blind all throughout that.

I'm also noticing a lot of his cryptic quotes lead to characters who have played people named Vergil. DMC fans might just rejoice if that is meant to be a legitimate connection to those posts.

lupinko

enzo_gt said:
You must subsidize clarity of riddles with quantity of riddles. I'm going through the thread one more time to try and pick up on stuff.

Well I rock you like a hurricane on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom