• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

Morn said:
Thursday at 3:30pm

Awesome! Should hear some more details about the beta and release date.

Tired of all these SWTOR being sent to die during the month of November comments. I for one will be playing day one regardless of all these other games coming out.

That boxart is pretty nice-looking, even if fake.

Quickly, in regards to the Diablo 3 discussion: There's definitely some overlap in playerbase. I've only loosely followed this thread, but I do have an interest in SWTOR, and I'm quite excited for D3.

When SWTOR releases doesn't matter to me though as I'm inclined to let new MMOs percolate in the market a bit and see if a decent lasting community will be built. Unless it's the new MMO from Blizzard (to clarify, with the pedigree of the largest [best?] MMO of all time), I don't feel like I have to have it on Day 1; I could wait a month or two to see what reviews and what the community opinion is after some endgame has been done. Diablo 3 however, is a Day 1 (likely collector's edition) purchase.

If the beta opens up and I can try the game before launch and/or the positive pre-release buzz/press increases to a fever pitch, I may change my mind, but that's where I stand now.

/threaddisruptionover

Zinga

Banned
Don't get too excited, forums usually go around at this time.... though I will be excited as a schoolgirl when they do announce release date since I already have it on pre-order and I joined the ToR forums day one back in 2008, been a hell of a long wait!

KoTOR is one of my favorite RPG right after Baldur's Gate. I'm really hyped for this game, not really the mmo aspect but the story lines of the game and because Bioware is behind it.

I'm feeling a bit anxious and also a bit skeptic after all. Because it is an mmo. But damn, that box art even if not legit is fucking hot.

Morn

Banned
Xamdou said:
Awesome! Should hear some more details about the beta and release date.

Tired of all these SWTOR being sent to die during the month of November comments. I for one will be playing day one regardless of all these other games coming out.

They are NOT announcing the release date at Comic Con.

Retrofluxed

Posted by some French site:

Details of the collector version 149.99 euro
- Exclusive figurine of Dark Malgus by Gentle Giant
- Star Wars discs in metal case
- The diary of Master Ghost-Dural
- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD
- Collector's Set includes high-quality 7 objects IG
- Launch rockets, shoot incendiary projectiles (some on-equip item i believe)
- Battle droids: moving by your side
- Holodancer: your projected holographic image
- Holocam: Record your adventures on video
- STAP: unique vehicle design
- Droid-mouse exclusive companion
- Exclusive Collector's Shop: Access to the platform with dynamic sales of special items.

Retrofluxed

Morn said:
Gentle Giant? BARF.

Gentle Giant's best sculptor bailed and all their stuff now looks like cheap SHIT.

Personally, I could do without the goofy collector's shit and just go with the digital CE for the in game items.

Jarmel

Banned
goat said:

- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD
- Exclusive Collector's Shop: Access to the platform with dynamic sales of special items.

Other than the stupid figurine, everything else looks nice.

LowParry

I'd prefer more of the CE digital version with in game items and of course, a head start program. Damn. Thursday needs to come quick. Shit is getting out of control.

goat said:

- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD

150 Euros?

Even if that price stays at $150 in the states, that's asking way too much for what is essentially them giving you a few in-game (virtual) items, a cd with music that's technically in your games, and metal casing for discs which you'll never look at again after you install the game.

I assume they'll charge $60 for the regular edition, and if the special edition is $80 I might hop on board, otherwise no thank you.

Morn

Banned
BrokenEchelon said:
150 Euros?

Even if that price stays at $150 in the states, that's asking way too much for what is essentially them giving you a few in-game (virtual) items, a cd with music that's technically in your games, and metal casing for discs which you'll never look at again after you install the game.

I assume they'll charge $60 for the regular edition, and if the special edition is $80 I might hop on board, otherwise no thank you.

No, the CE will be $150 thanks to the Gentle Giant bust. Those things sell for $50-80 by themselves.

nataku

BrokenEchelon said:
150 Euros?

Not even an art book included in the thing.

Hopefully there is some sort of digital CE that lets me get the in game items. I'll be really disappointed if there isn't an art book. That's pretty much the only reason I buy CEs.

Jarmel

Banned
BrokenEchelon said:
150 Euros?

Well depends if the music is in lossless or not. Also seems to be some other stuff like the diary. Compared to the Halo Helmet Edition or COD RC Edition, this is a good deal for me.

Orgun

goat said:

- Map of the galaxy
- Personal authenticator
- Music CD
That is the only thing in that pack which interests me .( Not paying 150 for it though

gatti-man

CcrooK said:
I'd imagin there will be some form of early start with any of the CE packaging.
Well if its substantive (a week or more) then im buying I guess. That's really a high price but once I ebay the statue it shouldn't be too bad.

LowParry

gatti-man said:
Well if its substantive (a week or more) then im buying I guess. That's really a high price but once I ebay the statue it shouldn't be too bad.

I rather just go digital. Though I would guess it'd be up to 5 days tops for early start. I'm still really curious though about the new closed beta build that will be going on in the next couple of weeks or so.

Morn said:
Gentle Giant? BARF.

Gentle Giant's best sculptor bailed and all their stuff now looks like cheap SHIT.

They should have gotten Kotobukiya. But still Gentle Giant stuff is generally better looking than most of the crap statues packed with CE of games. Say figurine too so I wouldn't expect anything really special.

Griffin

3B4cH.jpg

Morn

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
An authenticator AND a map of the galaxy (please be cloth!)? Best CE ever!

You don't want that type of authenticator. They break too easily. A mobile phone version is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom