• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

they did it: FPS Mario in UE3

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Max said:
it's as horrible as it sounds

could be worse:

gearsofmario_2.jpg

chandoog said:
Mario's hands look like they're ready to choke a bitch

It looked cool but kinda awkward at times. Also I didn't know you were able to go down that one pipe in 1-2...

LogicStep

bearcatjosh said:
I felt eerily reminded of Jumping Flash. Also, did anyone else think this would be a shooter in the Mario universe?
I thought the same, the OP did say FPS so that's why. That looked terrible.

Vol5

This would have been amusing if the clouds were the same as the bushes, but alas, it was not to be.

Muffdraul

This is pretty much what I imagined circa 1993 re: next gen Super Mario on "Project Reality - powered by SGI technology".

Emitan

Lord Ghirahim said:
I stopped watching when he started smashing the blocks with his head.
I wonder if any of them at any point in the design process just stepped back and looked at it and wondered "what the hell are we doing? This is awful!"

Speevy

Banned
A better idea that Nintendo will never try is a Mario beanstalk game.

Checkpoint voyage from the ground to the stars, one stage, a million variations, no flying/hovering super powers.

udivision

He should be wearing a frog suit.
It'd look 100x less awkward and more natural.

^Wow that only works in one context. Gotta love Mario.

FoxSpirit

People should read the description text

An 8-week project to learn more about game development. Existing game design was chosen to save time needed for play-balancing, to present already familiar gameplay, and to focus on technical aspect of implementing game design.

It's nicely done but I wouldn't play that. :p

Mael

FoxSpirit said:
People should read the description text

It's nicely done but I wouldn't play that. :p

The choice was horrible though, might as well have ripped off Doom, that's closer to what the thing seems to be about.

Speevy

Banned
Not only does it look bad, but now Intelligent Systems is putting this level into Super Paper Mario 2.

Way to go guys!

cnizzle06

Banned
Jesus, you guys are really trying to hate on this guy's work.

Keep fighting the good fight young ambitious videogame forum posters!

Thats not an fps and theres a serious lack of cloudbush. And come on guys, for what it is it isn't that bad, just isn't exactly an original idea.

Top Bottom