• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS sold (MC: 207k, Enterbrain: 215k) last week in Japan due to price drop

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
MikeE21286 said:
that is an illegal amount of units sold....can't wait to see week 2
Not sure how week 2 will be. I bet a lot of the edge people bought it as soon as the drop, and now its all a matter of software.

I am starting to think that the price drop was the exact move Nintendo needed to make though.

Alrus

Heh some people were predicting it wouldn't even reach 100k. That's a pretty amazing number, I wonder what games got a boost from that. I'm betting Zelda, Layton and Nintendogs.

Erethian

Definitely higher than I was expecting.

What's important now is that they build good momentum going into the holidays, when the software library will markedly improve.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
6a00d8341bfc7553ef014e86773e8b970d-320wi

Just according to keikaku.

Mxrz

Hang on a sec. Weren't people clamoring about 300k+ after price drop? Did I dream that? What's going on?

Delio

User33 said:
This. It still won't be successful in the long run without any worthwhile software.

OP says August 8th-14th. Last time I checked, that's 7 days.

Gotta knock down any success they get huh?

Huff

Banned
Optimistic for the 3DS to do well, however a good (re)opening week doesn't mean much. Lets see how the next couple months go.

Alrus

User33 said:
This. It still won't be successful in the long run without any worthwhile software.

If you're gonna troll in every thread at least have the decency to inform yourself. The Price drop took place on August 11th, that's 3 days.

Now go complain about the Nintendo Defence Force in some other thread please.

Sydle

Whoa. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Cruzader said:
Yes! This is good news for Sony!!

3DS does well, so will Vita, right guys?

Anyways good news.

Are we assuming Sony will drop the price?

Ratrat

User33 said:

price drop was on the 11th.

edit: beaten.

Erethian

User33 said:

August 12th was when the price drop hit. And without the price cut the sales for the previous week were 4k, so it's fair to say they did minimal numbers from August 8th to 11th.

Edit: August 11th, rather. So that's four days for the price drop.

Top Bottom