• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk-mox

Neo Member
AgentChris said:
Everyone in this thread should be contracted by publishers to make amazing boxarts.

My exact thought as I went through some of these: "someone is going to get a job out of this."

God of War Collection

godofwarcollection3dprqu1f.png

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?evmgu5enq1rvl5f

Canova said:
So how bout them X-Men Origin: Wolverine and Spiderman Shattered Dimension covers?

What did you have in mind for X-Men Origin, exactly? I started looking but wasn't quite sure exactly what you had in mind to replace Hugh Jackman's face. :)

Was it you who wanted GTA4? Did you like either of the ones I mocked up quickly?

Canova

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
What did you have in mind for X-Men Origin, exactly? I started looking but wasn't quite sure exactly what you had in mind to replace Hugh Jackman's face. :)

Was it you who wanted GTA4? Did you like either of the ones I mocked up quickly?

No I didn't request GTA4.

Anything to replace Hugh's face on the cover, any Wolvie or Spidey comic art will do

Thanks

UnluckyKate said:
Shamless cover request:

Genji days of blade
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Tekken 6
Star Wars TFU 2
Devil May Cry 4
Kane & Lynch 2

Tekken 6 is on my list. There was a good DMC4 earlier in the thread, but it wasn't "clean".
I might give it a shot sometime...

Canova said:
No I didn't request GTA4.

Anything to replace Hugh's face on the cover, any Wolvie or Spidey comic art will do

Thanks

I'll see what I can find for the wolverine one.

Duffyside

Banned
Ooh, is it cool to make requests?

PoP '08? Please? Lots of great artwork to possibly use. If it were to include Elika, that'd be awesome. Or just feature her and call it Princess of Persia, which is what it should've been called to begin with.

I like that one. However, personally I would have moved the standing Colossus to the front instead of the flying one and leave the Ico characters by themselves on the back.
I love the 2 tone silhouette at the front though, that is perfect.

That SotC/ICO cover is sick, Rengoku.
Side question: Any idea why the PS3 3D script, which I've been using successfully would suddenly start having problems with a cover?

I have a cover for Wolverine I threw together quickly as a "whynot" for Canova. However, the preview keeps skewing the back... I'm pretty sure the size of the image is right -- however, when I paste it in, it doesn't line up with the top left corner like previous ones do -- and when I move it and run the script, the back cover comes out all fucked up (so does the shadow on the back)... Would love to fix it, but I don't know what's pissing it off.

If you like this, Canova, I will upload a higher res and see if I can fix the 3D preview.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
SamuraiX- said:
Damn! Love this one!

I can't remember, was MGO sold as a standalone title?
They bundled it in with a movie epilogue for the series.

[/badjoke]

Rengoku

corrosivefrost said:
Side question: Any idea why the PS3 3D script, which I've been using successfully would suddenly start having problems with a cover?

I have a cover for Wolverine I threw together quickly as a "whynot" for Canova. However, the preview keeps skewing the back... I'm pretty sure the size of the image is right -- however, when I paste it in, it doesn't line up with the top left corner like previous ones do -- and when I move it and run the script, the back cover comes out all fucked up (so does the shadow on the back)... Would love to fix it, but I don't know what's pissing it off.

If you like this, Canova, I will upload a higher res and see if I can fix the 3D preview.

Well, the first thing I was going to say is check to make sure the image resolution is correct. And like you said, it should be aligned to the top left corner. If both of these don't fix the problem, theres a possibility that the template may have been altered at some point, in this case, just re-download a fresh version and work off of that.

Rengoku said:
Well, the first thing I was going to say is check to make sure the image resolution is correct. And like you said, it should be aligned to the top left corner. If both of these don't fix the problem, theres a possibility that the template may have been altered at some point, in this case, just re-download a fresh version and work off of that.

I just re-extracted it from the rar, and it still screws up..., I've checked the res -- 3225x1752... could it be something with the color scheme on the back? Nothing seems to fix it. In fact, I took one of my MK PS3 png files, pasted it over the Wolverine one, confirmed they were same size, reverted 3D preview PSD through history, pasted MK PS3 png, ran script and it worked... so I'd guess something about the back artwork is screwing with one of the lasso/selection things and ended up screwing the preview up.

Guh... something's way off tonight... it's 4:15am... I'll try to fix it tomorrow if you like it Canova.

Rengoku

corrosivefrost said:
I just re-extracted it from the rar, and it still screws up..., I've checked the res -- 3225x1752... could it be something with the color scheme on the back? Nothing seems to fix it. In fact, I took one of my MK PS3 png files, pasted it over the Wolverine one, confirmed they were same size, reverted 3D preview PSD through history, pasted MK PS3 png, ran script and it worked... so I'd guess something about the back artwork is screwing with one of the lasso/selection things and ended up screwing the preview up.

Anyway, here's the full res -- I think it would look alright if I could see the 3D preview, but for now, this will have to do:

Jacked up preview, sorry, i stepped back in the history of the transform and tried to salvage what i could just to get an idea of what it looks like on a case...

I just checked that mediafire link, your back & spine image is not aligned properly, there a couple rows of pixels that are transparent on the top.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If anyone is so inclined, I'm itching for these:
* Assassin's Creed II (unless it was done and I missed it)
* Batman: Arkham Asylum
* Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
* Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
* Sports Champions (... if only for completion's sake)

Thanks!

I've been vectoring up a ton of Rock Band assets, but no longer sure what to do with them. I keep changing my mind, lol. So far I have:

Rock Band Logo (2 words above each other)
Rock Band 2 Logo (as above)
Rock Band 3 Logo *as above)
Lego Logo
Lego Rock Band Bass Icon
Lego Rock Band Drums Icon
Lego Rock Band Guitar Icon
Lego Rock Band Vocals Icon
Rock Band 3 Vocals Icon
Rock Band 3 Keyboard Icon
Rock Band/2 Vocals Icon

Still working on the last 3 RB icons (Guitar, Bass and Drums), the Beatles Rock Band Icons and the logos with the words side by side. I need to get hold of the Green Day bits and then I'll add them too.

Not sure wheat I'm gonna do with them. If anyone thinks they'll find them useful I'm happy to share :)

Seeing how I have all the Rock Band core games (The only track pack I have is AC/DC) I was thinking of doing something so that when they're all together on the shelf the spines show a large logo or something. You know, artwork that spans the volumes. Thinking of doing the same for Guitar Hero too.

Canova

Banned
corrosivefrost said:

Yes, this is fine, please upload the high res

Thanks

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi!

So, this thread has changed quite a bit since it was first posted. When it was first posted, it was mostly about taking actual PS3 box-art and updating the header template to reflect the post-slim PS3 box style. Now it's about making multiplatform custom clean box arts for all sorts of games, released or not.

Because the thread is pretty old (and a lot of the links on the first few pages don't work anymore), I think it'd be a good idea to start a new thread with a more accurate title and OP. Basically what would happen is hopefully someone in here would volunteer to do it. The new OP would have a link to this thread, it'd have some example covers, and it'd have template / printing instructions. Please remind people to save in .PNG. A second post would also be useful, cataloguing what was posted in this thread. This doesn't necessarily need thumbnails, it can just be a list of links.

There's no rush and I wouldn't lock this thread before the new one was done, but I think it'd be a good idea. There'd be more contributors (a lot of people who don't have PS3s don't check this thread), and it'd reflect the new emphasis on custom covers. :)

Brink

brink3dpreviewtcyk.png

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?123ld8pb3596up7

brinkx3603dpreviewqfyg.png

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?3kr8x12qlcecyll

Stumpokapow said:
Hi!

So, this thread has changed quite a bit since it was first posted. When it was first posted, it was mostly about taking actual PS3 box-art and updating the header template to reflect the post-slim PS3 box style. Now it's about making multiplatform custom clean box arts for all sorts of games, released or not.

Because the thread is pretty old (and a lot of the links on the first few pages don't work anymore), I think it'd be a good idea to start a new thread with a more accurate title and OP. Basically what would happen is hopefully someone in here would volunteer to do it. The new OP would have a link to this thread, it'd have some example covers, and it'd have template / printing instructions. Please remind people to save in .PNG. A second post would also be useful, cataloguing what was posted in this thread. This doesn't necessarily need thumbnails, it can just be a list of links.

There's no rush and I wouldn't lock this thread before the new one was done, but I think it'd be a good idea. There'd be more contributors (a lot of people who don't have PS3s don't check this thread), and it'd reflect the new emphasis on custom covers. :)
I agree with this. Shame I don't have time to do it myself right now though.

When it's not 4 in the morning, it' easy to debug. ;)
Seems the problem was coming from the fact that I had used blending options on the layers with the logos in them... I had started copying the existing PSD into a new one, bit by bit and trying the 3D preview script afterward... When I had a black cover with the two logos and dropshadows and it broke, I realized it had to be something the dropshadows were causing, even if it didn't make sense. I dropped the dropshadows and created a copy of each logo layer which was not touched by blending FX and now it works -- so here's a note for anyone who's going to use it possibly (Canova, etc.)

NOTE: There are two images linked below, marked wolverine.png and wolverine.with.dropshadow.png. The difference is whether or not the PNG was exported with the layers having the dropshadows added (logos). The preview is for wolverine.png, but if you think the logos don't pop enough, check out the wolverine.with.dropshadows.png

No drop shadow:

Dropshadow (fixed):
dropshadow:

jk-mox

Neo Member
I keep finding myself wanting to print some of these out even though I don't have the games and have no interest in the games. Really awesome stuff.

And if nobody wants to make a OT for new cover art I'll make one b/c I'm not very good at the whole making covers thing so it's the least I could do :3

Will work on it tonight/tomorrow unless anyone else wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom