• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulated PS2 Games on PSN INCLUDING GOD HAND, GRIM GRIMOIRE, More...

onQ123

ai_140.jpg

Sony is continuing to take the initiative to bolster its PlayStation Network following the disastrous hack earlier this year. Not only did Sony add another $20 million this summer to a Pub Fund it started a couple years ago, but today the company announced a new "Only On PlayStation Network" program to stress its flow of exclusive gaming content.

Starting on October 4, every Tuesday in the month will see several new exclusives on PSN, including Pub Fund titles like Eufloria and Okabu, as well as inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller. And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

Consumers who are PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive a 20% discount during the launch week of each “Only On PSN” game. On top of that, if you spend $60 or more out of your PlayStation Network/Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) Wallet throughout the month of October, you'll be able to receive a $10 store credit towards purchases in November. This promotion isn't limited to just games - spending can be on add-ons, PlayStation Home micro-transactions, TV shows, movies, Music Unlimited subscriptions, etc.

“‘Only On PlayStation Network’ is our line of great exclusive games that users can count on to deliver exciting game experiences that can’t be found anywhere else,” said Susan Panico, senior director of PlayStation Network, SCEA. “This strong initial content offering, combined with the day one discounts for PlayStation Plus subscribers and the ‘Spend $60, Get $10 Back’ promotion, makes PlayStation Network the premier destination for digital content.”

The lineup in the program is as follows: October 4 - Eufloria and Rochard; October 11 - Sideway: New York; October 13 - Sodium Collection; October 18 - Okabu and RocketBirds; October 25 - inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller.

IndustryGamers spoke with Susan Panico about the program and Sony's continued push for exclusives. We'll be bringing you that soon.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/sony-pushes-psn-exclusives-with-only-on-psn-program/

Takao said:
PS2 Classics

Odin Sphere ($9.99)
Step into the middle of a war between five nations and use your Psypher to gain supremacy in this Action RPG!
ESRB rated T
File size: 3.28 GB

Maximo: Ghosts To Glory ($9.99)
Take on the role of the young knight Maximo as he teams up with the Grim Reaper in an attempt to save his beloved Sophia and defeat evil Achille.
ESRB rated T
File size: 713 MB

GRIMgRiMoiRe ($9.99)
Lillet Blan woke up one day to find everyone in her prestigious magic school dead. Follow her quest to find the reasoning behind everyone’s death and how to prevent it from happening to others in this beautiful RTS.
ESRB rated E10+
File size: 1.33 GB

Ring of Red ($9.99)
Take on an alternate history in this thrilling turn-based strategy game!
ESRB rated T
File size: 580 MB

God Hand ($9.99)
Give danger a hang in God Hang! Become a larger than life hero who has been given ultimate power!
ESRB rated M
File size: 1.48 GB

Gravijah

"And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red. "

?!?!?!?

Trevelyon

And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

Woah, woah, stop the clock, stop the clock!

ACESmkII

Gravijah said:
"And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red. "

?!?!?!?
Woah

Gravijah said:

?!?!?!?

The biggest news on the page.

onQ123 said:
And the program will also feature a selection of "rare classic games" added to the store on October 4, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.
WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

First AD coming back and now this. Damn, what a way to start a week.

Noshino

Gravijah said:

?!?!?!?

wait...

Gravijah said:

?!?!?!?

(屮゚Д゚)屮

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
GODHAND GRIMGRIMOIRE AND ODIN SPHERE?!

AND MAXIMO?

i peed

edit// TOMORROW?!?!?!? WHAT THE

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECK

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gravijah said:

?!?!?!?
Yeah, WTF is this. Bomb dropped so casually...

Gravijah said:

?!?!?!?

HD collection style? Straight software emulation? I would normally start to call BS, but people don't throw around a game like Ring of Red very often.

Noshino

wut....

Oh my

Fuck, did it get any upgrades? they can't just say that and not mention any details!

EDIT: FU SONY

EDIT2 FU CAPCOM

EDIT3: FU GRACE

PokéKong

Finally this seems like the time for me to play Odin Sphere, perhaps God Hand too.

But no mention of Papa & Yo? I've been looking forward to that for a long time.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Gravijah said:
Mother of God...

Ellis Kim

Banned
God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

THREAD TITLE CHANGE NEEDED, RIGHT NOW.

fernoca

Trevelyon said:
Open the flood gates publishers and Sony, c'mon.

If you have intentions or desire to Remaster it up, release it on PSN.
At the same time, I think the intention is the opposite: "If you DON'T have intentions to remaster it...".

Probably like PSone Classics: a digital manual, the game running as it is; but a few bells and whistles if you choose the smoothing/upscale/etc. options.

Anteater

I thought this is just about Sony putting a silly logo onto psn games.

But this thread is telling me they're putting God hand up on the psn.

Duffyside

Banned
Anteater said:
I thought this is just about Sony putting a silly logo onto psn games.

But this thread is telling me they're putting God hand up on the psn.
THIS THREAD IS TELLING YOU THEY'RE PUTTING GOD HAND UP ON THE PSN!!!! WHERE ARE YOUR EXCLAMATION MARKS AND ALL CAPS GOOD SIR!??!!?!

I'm betting straight emulation. No way these are HD with trophies and we don't get word about them except for a throw away line in a press release.

mdtauk

God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

WTF?!?!?!??!?!??!?!! WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE TITLE?!

Talk about out of nowhere!!! I guess this is the start of the PS2 PSN re-releases. I take it that these are HD ports and not emulations (since the PS3 can't handle PS2 emulation)

I wonder who's porting all of these?

Suairyu

Banned
Absoludacrous said:
HD collection style? Straight software emulation? I would normally start to call BS, but people don't throw around a game like Ring of Red very often.
It won't be straight software emulation; the ps3 doesn't have the horsepower. We are talking a port.

Most nonchalant bomb drop ever.

Top Bottom