• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer November 2011 Covers Revealed: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

JdFoX187

Banned
distantmantra said:
[nerd mode]Well yeah, but they shouldn't be dinosaurs on Cybertron. They became dinosaurs when they scanned the animals on Earth.[/nerd mode]
Unless you also adhere to post Beast Machines canon, which states that there were organic lifeforms on Cybertron before the Autobots and Decepticons. Perhaps dinosaurs were also there?

I hated Beast Machines

Beth Cyra

Dave1988 said:
WfC is awesome, DoTM is okay and RotF is good. What's there to hate?
Dear god, you can't be serious.

I could barely bring myself to finish the Autobot side and I played and completed the first movie game for 100 Achivs.

JdFoX187 said:
Unless you also adhere to post Beast Machines canon, which states that there were organic lifeforms on Cybertron before the Autobots and Decepticons. Perhaps dinosaurs were also there?

I hated Beast Machines

It's been a long time since Beast Machines has been used. We see Wars pop up from time to time, but at least from what I've seen they have been sticking more towards the side of the Primus/Transformers side of things then the Organic bullshit.

ReaperXL07 said:
Thats it!

I had no clue anyone was making a Dino Riders game, honestly I would think that were bigger new than a war for cybertron sequel. I liked WFC, but Dino Riders is coming out of the blue.

Is there any information on whos making it?

I think they posted the Dino Riders pic as a joke unfortunately. Shame too, I'd love a Dino Riders game - especially if I could customize any dinosaur's armor. That'd be awesome stuff.

FStop7

Banned
*sees first half of cover*

"Oh, great. More rape of Transformers."

*scrolls down, sees expanded view including GRIMLOCK"

"FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSS GIVE ME IT"

ZeroGravity

watership said:
Don't watch Beast Wars again. For the sake of your childhood memories.
Don't listen to this man. I have rewatched it, many times, and it easily stands up as one of the best cartoons of all-time.

Takao

Banned
Is anyone watching Transformers Prime? That series has gotten crazy good recently. It pulled a pretty decent twist
Earth is Unicron.

Beth Cyra

Takao said:
Is anyone watching Transformers Prime? That series has gotten crazy good recently. It pulled a pretty decent twist
Earth is Unicron.
No I hated the character designs so I decided to skip it.

That is an odd twist. Does Primus exist in this universe or no?.

Sagitario said:
So... which ones are the good Transformers games?

Transformers Armada: Prelude to Energon. Or just called Transfomers in NA and it's on PS2 and based on the Armada anime.

Transformers War For Cybertron.

Honestly to me those are the only two good Transformers games.

Takao

Banned
TruePrime said:
No I hated the character designs so I decided to skip it.

That is an odd twist. Does Primus exist in this universe or no?.

Primus does exist in this universe.
He is the reason Cybertron lives.

LiK

Takao said:
Earth is Unicron.
Lol, that is a pretty good twist

TruePrime said:
Transformers Armada: Prelude to Energon. Or just called Transfomers in NA and it's on PS2 and based on the Armada anime.

Transformers War For Cybertron.

Honestly to me those are the only two good Transformers games.

Yep. Two games. The Transformers videogame legacy has been a sad one. But we're on the up swing now.

Takao

Banned
TruePrime said:
Wait, he is the reason Cybertron lives? As in he isn't Cybertron but an outside source?

He's Cybertron but it's implied Cybertron existed before he merged with it. Primus and Unicron duked it out for ages, until Primus created the original 13, which finally tipped the sides to his favour. Primus proceeded to create/merge with Cybertron, with Unicron vanishing from their knowledge.

Beth Cyra

Takao said:
He's Cybertron but it's implied Cybertron existed before he merged with it. Primus and Unicron duked it out for ages, until Primus created the original 13, which finally tipped the sides to his favour. Primus proceeded to create/merge with Cybertron, with Unicron vanishing from their knowledge.
Okay fuck my problem with the designs I think I need to watch this show. One last question, Cybertron is fully machine right? None of that Beast Machines nonsense I hope.

Takao

Banned
TruePrime said:
Okay fuck my problem with the designs I think I need to watch this show. One last question, Cybertron is fully machine right? None of that Beast Machines nonsense I hope.

I skipped a bunch of episodes, but AFAIK there's been no indication that there's technorganic hippies on this Cybertron.

Carbonox

I enjoyed War for Cybertron but it was too short for my liking. This I will get, purely because I'm a Transformers fan. If I can play as Grimlock then that will be fucking awesome.

Dave1988

TruePrime said:
Dear god, you can't be serious.

I could barely bring myself to finish the Autobot side and I played and completed the first movie game for 100 Achivs.

I am. Come at me, bro.

While the SP portion of the game is nothing to write home about, I had a blast playing MP. Sure, it's not as refined as WfC's MP but it was still fun and I guess I'm not the only one who feels the same way since even in 2011 the RoTF community on the PS3 is still active and there's no problem finding a game.

I'm honestly amazed you suffered through Transformers: The Movie. You could say that it's an achievement how terrible everything in that game is.

Beth Cyra

Dave1988 said:
I am. Come at me, bro.

While the SP portion of the game is nothing to write home about, I had a blast playing MP. Sure, it's not as refined as WfC's MP but it was still fun and I guess I'm not the only one who feels the same way since even in 2011 the RoTF community on the PS3 is still active and there's no problem finding a game.

I'm honestly amazed you suffered through Transformers: The Movie. You could say that it's an achievement how terrible everything in that game is.
I wouldn't know about the MP honestly. The single player was ass and I didn't think there was any need to try MP, plus I'm not the biggest fan of MP, unless it's Co-Op.

All this game needs is gesault units...Stunticons, Predacons (the real ones) and combaticons FTW. Co-op Headmaster or Targetmasters would be great too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Rumor time:

This comes from a guy who was able to attend a private demo of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron at PAX Prime.

General Notes

Graphics AMAZING. Alpha build looked as good as finished WfC (Ed - War for Cybertron).
More varied settings. Organic-looking planetscape, battlefield of ancient HUGE Transformers - buildings actually decrepit limbs, torso, etc., Cybertron looking really worn down.
Daylight, not all just "deep dark space" backdrop.
Many, MANY more troops on screen at a time. Footage of Optimus in turret holding back hordes of genericons.
Some wide open battlefields as opposed to tight, littered spaces in WfC.
Far more customization in multiplayer: In addition to wider color spectrum, armor parts can be swapped out to change appearance (and possibly abilities and stats, was a point of the focus group) for both robot and vehicle mode.
Abilities matter more in Solo Campaign
Optimus and Megatron both completely overhauled- Optimus slowly evolving toward G1 look with shoulder smokestacks and more windshield-y chest (armored truck vehicle mode a bit like WWI Grimlock, silver stripes), Megatron just becoming sort of demonic. Megatron looks like WfC model with lots of spiky, Dark Energon infused armor (looks a little like Cybertron Megatron), more bulky than WfC version. Vehicle mode looks like silver, black, purple pseudo-clawed cannon tank from hell.

Solo Campaign Notes

Decepticons apparently overrunning Cybertron or whichever planet...
Jazz has own mission at one point, uses MTMTE wrist grappling hook to zip around like Spider-Man from tower to tower.
Jazz uses same model as from WfC multiplayer, more or less.
Shockwave figures into story significantly at least at start.
Grimlock and Dinobots messed with by Shockwave, which is why they already look like dinosaurs instead of vehicles. (Beast Machines looking, asked if look was okay, another point of focus group) Insecticons also a Shockwave experiment.
Grimlock's story starts with Starscream (who apparently has a Decepticon warrant on his head or something like that) accidentally freeing him from a large chamber. Looks like he's not on Cybertron, might be trying to hunt down Shockwave.
Grimlock PLAYABLE.
Grimlock has different play style than others- Almost all melee, using big sword and new matching laser shield. Transforms PAINFULLY from robot to T-Rex, kind of like Banner becoming Hulk, with fiery lighting coming from underneath metal panels as they shift, and changes slower than others.
T-Rex mode looks AWESOME. A lot like G2 version drawn by Yaniger, with two rows of spikes running along back. Uses modern T-Rex stance. Barb on tail, looks like diamond drillbit. Moves include firebreath, tailwhip, and capable of stomping and chomping guys. Also, bigger than most every Autobot.
"Last Prime" is the only one who can activate Metroplex. Prime racing to Metroplex core reminiscent of Tidal Wave exploration in Armada game. No info on reason for activation, except possibly to stomp incoming armies.
Metroplex HUGE, looks a lot like Studio OX depiction- not as different as other WfC overhauls.
Metroplex PLAYABLE. STEPS ON DECEPTICON ARMIES, CARRIES HIS HUGE RIFLES.
All five Combaticons playable. Onslaught and Brawl a given, Vortex shown in Cybertron helicopter mode dodging lots of shots then dropping right into a group of Autobots and firing away. No Blast Off gameplay shown.
All five Combaticons FORM BRUTICUS. Combination quite awesome- All five jump out of Decepticon air carrier, Brawl and Swindle first, forming legs before they hit the ground, Onslaught lands on them as he forms torso, then Vortex and Blast-Off fly straight into the arm sockets one after another and head pops out. VERY awesome.
Bruticus PLAYABLE. Shown stomping through bridges and defenses to breach Autobot base.
In at least one mission, Prime can call down orbital strikes- may actually be delayed shots from Metroplex, hard to tell, but big explosion, very impressive.

Promo Art Shown

Optimus in front, Grimlock in T-Rex mode towering behind him to the right, with Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave coming out of a vortex sky on the left. Optimus always in revised body, Megatron in old one in these.
Same Decepticon backdrop with M, St, Sh, but with Prime on the right holding Bumblebee who has a big smoking hole in his chest and blacked out eyes.
Grimlock in T-Rex mode wrecking the hell out of an Insecticon hive thing from the inside, with a swarm of Bombshells, Shrapnels, and Kickbacks coming for him.
Just a big closeup of Optimus in new body staring at you.
One really stunning picture of the graveyard with unknown Transformer standing on a HUGE half-buried hand staring out on a field of other "buildings".

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-cybertron-new-video-game-19.html#post6716119

Zapages

Sn4ke_911 said:
Rumor time:

This comes from a guy who was able to attend a private demo of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron at PAX Prime.

General Notes

Graphics AMAZING. Alpha build looked as good as finished WfC (Ed - War for Cybertron).
More varied settings. Organic-looking planetscape, battlefield of ancient HUGE Transformers - buildings actually decrepit limbs, torso, etc., Cybertron looking really worn down.
Daylight, not all just "deep dark space" backdrop.
Many, MANY more troops on screen at a time. Footage of Optimus in turret holding back hordes of genericons.
Some wide open battlefields as opposed to tight, littered spaces in WfC.
Far more customization in multiplayer: In addition to wider color spectrum, armor parts can be swapped out to change appearance (and possibly abilities and stats, was a point of the focus group) for both robot and vehicle mode.
Abilities matter more in Solo Campaign
Optimus and Megatron both completely overhauled- Optimus slowly evolving toward G1 look with shoulder smokestacks and more windshield-y chest (armored truck vehicle mode a bit like WWI Grimlock, silver stripes), Megatron just becoming sort of demonic. Megatron looks like WfC model with lots of spiky, Dark Energon infused armor (looks a little like Cybertron Megatron), more bulky than WfC version. Vehicle mode looks like silver, black, purple pseudo-clawed cannon tank from hell.

Solo Campaign Notes

Decepticons apparently overrunning Cybertron or whichever planet...
Jazz has own mission at one point, uses MTMTE wrist grappling hook to zip around like Spider-Man from tower to tower.
Jazz uses same model as from WfC multiplayer, more or less.
Shockwave figures into story significantly at least at start.
Grimlock and Dinobots messed with by Shockwave, which is why they already look like dinosaurs instead of vehicles. (Beast Machines looking, asked if look was okay, another point of focus group) Insecticons also a Shockwave experiment.
Grimlock's story starts with Starscream (who apparently has a Decepticon warrant on his head or something like that) accidentally freeing him from a large chamber. Looks like he's not on Cybertron, might be trying to hunt down Shockwave.
Grimlock PLAYABLE.
Grimlock has different play style than others- Almost all melee, using big sword and new matching laser shield. Transforms PAINFULLY from robot to T-Rex, kind of like Banner becoming Hulk, with fiery lighting coming from underneath metal panels as they shift, and changes slower than others.
T-Rex mode looks AWESOME. A lot like G2 version drawn by Yaniger, with two rows of spikes running along back. Uses modern T-Rex stance. Barb on tail, looks like diamond drillbit. Moves include firebreath, tailwhip, and capable of stomping and chomping guys. Also, bigger than most every Autobot.
"Last Prime" is the only one who can activate Metroplex. Prime racing to Metroplex core reminiscent of Tidal Wave exploration in Armada game. No info on reason for activation, except possibly to stomp incoming armies.
Metroplex HUGE, looks a lot like Studio OX depiction- not as different as other WfC overhauls.
Metroplex PLAYABLE. STEPS ON DECEPTICON ARMIES, CARRIES HIS HUGE RIFLES.
All five Combaticons playable. Onslaught and Brawl a given, Vortex shown in Cybertron helicopter mode dodging lots of shots then dropping right into a group of Autobots and firing away. No Blast Off gameplay shown.
All five Combaticons FORM BRUTICUS. Combination quite awesome- All five jump out of Decepticon air carrier, Brawl and Swindle first, forming legs before they hit the ground, Onslaught lands on them as he forms torso, then Vortex and Blast-Off fly straight into the arm sockets one after another and head pops out. VERY awesome.
Bruticus PLAYABLE. Shown stomping through bridges and defenses to breach Autobot base.
In at least one mission, Prime can call down orbital strikes- may actually be delayed shots from Metroplex, hard to tell, but big explosion, very impressive.

Promo Art Shown

Optimus in front, Grimlock in T-Rex mode towering behind him to the right, with Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave coming out of a vortex sky on the left. Optimus always in revised body, Megatron in old one in these.
Same Decepticon backdrop with M, St, Sh, but with Prime on the right holding Bumblebee who has a big smoking hole in his chest and blacked out eyes.
Grimlock in T-Rex mode wrecking the hell out of an Insecticon hive thing from the inside, with a swarm of Bombshells, Shrapnels, and Kickbacks coming for him.
Just a big closeup of Optimus in new body staring at you.
One really stunning picture of the graveyard with unknown Transformer standing on a HUGE half-buried hand staring out on a field of other "buildings".

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-cybertron-new-video-game-19.html#post6716119

So much Hype... I really enjoyed the story mode for War for Cybertron. I hope it gets released on the PC again because I like Mouse + Keyboard for these games. :)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69ae5c63769a.gif

I fucking loved War for Cybetron. I am already more hyped for this then any other game next year now :D

Takao

Banned
Is this issue of Game Informer already out (I want to buy it), or is the publication date in November? Magazines always confuse me.

An-Det

Oh hell yes. War for Cybertron was awesome, but I wasn't sure if we'd see a sequel or not. The covers look fucking awesome.

Luthos

Smellycat said:
Third cover:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dg3MyZHBAGc/TjjDdVITvDI/AAAAAAAARWY/fTKpINRIlcw/s1600/awesome+dinosaurs+lasers.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Fuck yea Dino Riders. Loved those movies as a kid.

Some interesting info that popped up on G.E...

- 1-player action
- Multiplayer TBA
- Fall 2012 release
- Team went back to the drawing board and looked at every criticizm
- “We’ve taken some of the pieces from War for Cybertron that weren’t received well, and turned those into the strengths of the new game” – game director Matt Tiegerw
- Variety of experiences
- AI systems completely rewritten from the groun up
- Core shooting/action is completely new
- Last safe haven of Autobot City has been reached
- Plan to launch into space aboard the newly built Ark spacecraft is threatened
- Prime goes to the frontline with his rifle to help sturn the tide
- Optimus Prime is bulkier/more powerful than in War for Cybertron
- He has new arrmor, his transformation looks warlike and agressive
- Pauses to sometimes call down a fiery artillery strike to destroy a whole squad of enemies
- Eventually reaches a cyber cannon that takes down enemy tanks and dropships
- A strange summoning draws Prime away from the batttle and into the depths of the city
- He emerges into a glowing inner chamber
- Huge metal walls begin to shift outside
- Chasms open up in the ground, Decepticons tumble, screaming to their doom
- Skyscraper-sized robot rises to the tower
- He opens his hand (Prime looks tiny in his palm)
- “Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime. Awaiting your orders.”
- Metroplex is a city that transforms into a big robot
- 2-3 times the size of Omega Supreme in War for Cybertron
- Team feels they’ve improved greatly on War for Cybertron’s story
- Game starts where War for Cybertron left off
- Not a sequel in the traditional sense
- Fresh jumping-on point for gamers
- Traces the final days of the Transformers on their home planet and their exodus into space
- Single unified campaign, not two separate stories
- Three-act structure
- Begins and ends with the Autobot-centric levels and with an extensive Decepticon-focused section in the middle
- Story about the death of Cybertron
- Broad array of characters and gameplay styles
- Each character feels different than the last
- Cliffjumper: stealth gameplay, cloak of invisibility
- Jazz: grappling hook gameplay, maneuver into place to snipe enemies
- Vortex: helicopter gameplay, head-on approach for enemies
- Vortex joins with his brothers later on to form Bruticus (playable)
- Grimlock stampedes his awy through a melee-driver frenzy of battle until his rage transforms him into the roaring robotic Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Co-op play dropped
- Individual enemy types are built to challenge certain characters, and they exhibit unique transformations that can telegraph their actions to observant players
- Most enemies are unique to their faction
- Enemies actively seek cover, track your movements across the map, pay attention to your last known location
- New weapon system
- Start out with a signature weapon for each character
- Trade out these weapons at any time
- Can carry a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, one piece of defensive equipment, one piece of offensive equipment, and grenades
- Meaningful upgrades
- Teletran terminals: part of a huge, planet-wide computer network used to upgrade your armory
- Each weapon has three major upgrades
- Dramatically increase damage, accuracy, clip size, etc.
- Buy a fourth upgrade if you unlock all three
- This upgrade is a special ability that expoentially expands the utility of the gun
- Switch between weapons in Teletran and you’ll see a display tracking damage, range, accuracy, rate of fire, ammo capacity
- Every weapon is surprising and distinct
- Megatron has a riot cannon (send out mini nuke at the end of every clip when upgraded)
- Optimum Prime’s Pathblaster: rifle, upgrade it to shoot through walls
- Gear Shredder: shoots spinning circular blades to dismember enemy robots, ricocheting off walls
- Scatter Blaster: automatic shotgun that lights enemies aflame
- Energon Harvester: less damage, but heals its user
- Tech Volt Emitter: continuous laser beam
- Upgrade the Emitter to automatically dissipate and destroy incoming rockets
- Sprinting/quick dash/dodge move for all characters
- Third-person camera set closer to the character
- No segmented health system
- More traditional recharging health meter
- Press a button to switch which side of the screen your character appears and their weapon changes hands
- “we repolished, demolished, and rebuilt anything that was holding back the moment-to-moment gameplay”
- Everything on screen pops more than it did in the last game
- Enemies and allies stand out more clearly against backgrounds
- Snow of soot and ash blanket the ground of the ruined city
- Venture into the Sea of Rust
- This area is filled with ancient ruins and the corpses of Cybertronians from a lost age
- Their bodies act as roads, ramps
- Rust storms blow across the desert

Beth Cyra

Im not sure about how I feel when it comes to Optimus's new design, apart of me likes it and apart of me thinks it's ugly.

As far as that list goes, two things nearly make me already say fuck it despite all the addtions.

No Co-Op is fucking retarded and was one of the big selling points of the first so they didn't listen to feed back nearly as much as they are claiming.

A closer camara to the character is not a good thing and I really wish Developers would quite trying to act like it is. All it does it reduce the player visiblity of both enemies and the envoirments and makes it so you take more damage and not even be able to see to defend yourself.

Outside of all that, fuck yeah at Metroplex and BOOOOOOOOO at no Ultra Magnus.

Just bought WFC last week on the 7.50 deal.

Amazing graphics (The architecture alone is stunning and the worlds are massive) but as a Transfan (Terrible name..) I can't look past killing generic ass robots and the off VA, particularly from Megatron. You sprung for Peter Cullen, you couldn't get Welker too?

Also, a big fuck you to those of you that don't like or frankly didn't grow up with Transformers.

Beth Cyra

DeaconKnowledge said:
Just bought WFC last week on the 7.50 deal.

Amazing graphics (The architecture alone is stunning and the worlds are massive) but as a Transfan (Terrible name..) I can't look past killing generic ass robots and the off VA, particularly from Megatron. You sprung for Peter Cullen, you couldn't get Welker too?

Also, a big fuck you to those of you that don't like or frankly didn't grow up with Transformers.
I thought Megatron was fine, I had a much bigger issue with most side Autobots and Decepticons as far as VA goes.

TruePrime said:
I thought Megatron was fine, I had a much bigger issue with most side Autobots and Decepticons as far as VA goes.
Hate it. Absolutely hate it. It was completely devoid of personality. Welker has a swagger to him that goes well with the character. It was totally lost on this Megs.

Also, Starscream bothered me as well. He was just evil and angry for the sake of it. No real rhyme or reason as to why.

Top Bottom