• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life (3DS) Trailer + Screens

weeaboo

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCH7rgeBQY4&feature=player_embedded

q2pUM.jpg

iksTZ.jpg

wibbN.jpg

7TEG7.jpg

2tXIp.jpg

C3CuG.jpg

0y81G.jpg

c1OB4.jpg

oVUja.jpg

QqDcZ.jpg

I want this so bad ;_;

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Does it have online, as read in Level 5 event topic?

weeaboo

Mpl90 said:
Does it have online, as read in Level 5 event topic?

The old NDS game had two continents: Tripochi, the main one and Minnade, the online one. As far as I remember Minnade was something Animal Crossing alike. Dunno about the 3DS version.

I'm interested but not only do I not even know what the battle system is like, I don't know if this even has one. Surely they revealed some details about it yesterday? Hopefully someone in the know can give a rundown of the game soon.

Santar

On one hand the 3d probably lends itself better to the customizing, but on the other hand the 2d was so beautiful..

@MUWANdo

Banned
ShineALight said:
I'm interested but not only do I not even know what the battle system is like, I don't know if this even has one. Surely they revealed some details about it yesterday? Hopefully someone in the know can give a rundown of the game soon.

They mentioned you can complete the game with almost every class without ever battling once, so that's something, I guess.

Luigiv said:
Call me crazy but those sprites are ugly as fuck. The 3D models look considerably better.

I love sprites/pixelart, but I agree as far as character art goes.

I love those pixelart buildings though.

ShinNL

Why are they using so few polygons and no dynamic light sources? This is how normal DS games look like, minus the resolution, AA and texture filtering..

Since I don't know much about the gameplay, I'll just say it looks like an eyesore compared to Animal Crossing for 3DS.

wsippel

Banned
Soneet said:
Why are they using so few polygons and no dynamic light sources? This is how normal DS games look like, minus the resolution, AA and texture filtering..

Since I don't know much about the gameplay, I'll just say it looks like an eyesore compared to Animal Crossing for 3DS.
Isn't this developed by Brownie Brown? I wouldn't exactly call those guys tech wizards. I believe this is their first full 3D game, too.

Truth101

Banned
Soneet said:

No it doesn't.

Effect

Was afraid of this. No where in that trailer during the character customization did I see anything about changing the skin tone of the character. Kind of a deal breaker for me if that ends up being the case. Was looking forward to learning more about this game for a while now. Will be looking to see what the end result is once people get hands on time with the game.

Tenck

Soneet said:

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a DS looking game, but I would agree they could have used a bit more polygons.

Edit: On second thought, after looking at more than the character acreens, I can say I like it.

beril

Luigiv said:
Call me crazy but those sprites are ugly as fuck. The 3D models look considerably better.

You're not crazy. I love pixel art (or at least I did until the wave of lazy faux-retro indie games poisoned my minds against it), but that is not very pretty. People probably only likes it because it looks like Mother 3, but that was pretty ugly as well even though the game was great

Boerseun

Banned
This looks great! And while I'm a huge fan of decent sprite work, I'd have to say I prefer the polygonal visuals in this case.

Aeana

After playing the London Life demo ages ago, I lost interest in Fantasy Life as well. It does look a little bit more interesting than London Life now, though - like there is more to it than collecting clothes.

sfried

nincompoop said:
Graphics look horrible. This is coming to Vita, right? Hopefully they keep the same style for that version.
What's this? What's with all the portbegging from Nintendo-owned developers?

sfried said:
What's this? What's with all the portbegging from Nintendo-owned developers?
I'm not port begging, I honestly thought it was coming to Vita as well. Obviously I'm confusing it with something else.

EDIT - I was thinking of Time Travelers. Sorry, move along!

lunchwithyuzo said:
I'm going to wait for the Vita version of Mario Kart 7.
Don't be a douche. I got it confused with another game that IS coming to VIta, which shares the same developer as this. I didn't know that this is being co-developed by Brownie Brown.

ShinNL

nincompoop said:
Graphics look horrible. This is coming to Vita, right? Hopefully they keep the same style for that version.
I usually get frustrated if people port-beg in 3DS threads, but in your defense, your post is definitely not a form of port-begging. Please back off nincompoop, people.

But I do wonder, you think it looks horrible but you hope they keep the style? To me it really looks like this "trying to do large scale 3D on DS" kind of 3D, I hate it.

Soneet said:
I usually get frustrated if people port-beg in 3DS threads, but in your defense, your post is definitely not a form of port-begging. Please back off nincompoop, people.

But I do wonder, you think it looks horrible but you hope they keep the style? To me it really looks like this "trying to do large scale 3D on DS" kind of 3D, I hate it.
I like the colorful art style, but everything looks so blocky and simple. If it wasn't for the texture quality you could almost confuse it for an original DS game.

leroidys

The 3D screens look a lot better and more full of character than the ones that we had before. Still, the 2D art was so, so good.

It's like Mother 3 in reverse.

This looks awesome. I hope it comes out over here, it says it has some streetpass features.

Edit:

Effect said:
Was afraid of this. No where in that trailer during the character customization did I see anything about changing the skin tone of the character. Kind of a deal breaker for me if that ends up being the case. Was looking forward to learning more about this game for a while now. Will be looking to see what the end result is once people get hands on time with the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGpqgjCN5uM

In the latest trailer, at around 1:05 when they're showing off the jobs you can pick, there seem to be a few (I counted four) different skin colors, so I'd imagine there's an option.

leroidys said:
The 3D screens look a lot better and more full of character than the ones that we had before. Still, the 2D art was so, so good.

It's like Mother 3 in reverse.
Brownie Brown should go full circle and remake Mother 3 on 3DS next.

Truth101

Banned
platypotamus said:
Do these games come out in English? Never heard of them before, but a fantasy life simulator thing sounds kind of awesome.

I have a feeling most Level-5 3DS projects will be localized sans Girls RPG

Truth101 said:
I have a feeling most Level-5 3DS projects will be localized sans Girls RPG
Girls RPG would be a shoe in imo, if not the licensed suitors. They could release it with some retooling though, the concept us definitely something that I could see doing well in the west.

Top Bottom