• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
I dunno, he's comp-proof. Predicting how he'll age is impossible, so it's up to Prince whether he wants to take a shorter deal with higher AAV and beast/work-out near the end of the contract to make a second even more lucrative.

Yes, but if he is going to take a short deal, why go four years? Why not do one or two with a player option or something. Going for a mid-length deal seems really dumb.

Doytch

eznark said:
Yes, but if he is going to take a short deal, why go four years? Why not do one or two with a player option or something. Going for a mid-length deal seems really dumb.
Yeah true. I'm only half paying attention to my posts during this Leafs game.

The Red Sox officially interviewed Dale Sveum today. They interviewed Pete Mackanin earlier this week. Mike Maddux could be next.

NomarTyme said:
Cuban is posturing. He would buy it for billion dollars but the business man in him wouldn't let him do that. He is gonna be the new Dodger owner anyways and MLB Champion here we COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st sign CJ for 10 years 160 million and sign Fielder to a similar deal.
I hope so! I can feel it! Back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back World Series champions baby!

Peter O'Malley, who sold the Dodgers to NewsCorp in 1998 (who then sold it to Frank McCourt in 2004), is attempting to buy the team back. He is getting together a group of investors to attempt making an offer.

Another group involving former Dodger greats Orel Hershisher and Steve Garvey are also interested in purchasing the team.

so the Yankees have released Andrew Brackman. The guy is young, so a team will take a chance on the kid. Mets, I'm looking at you.

Lambtron said:
He's out of the running for the Twins job. I am scared we will get a full time radio booth of Jack Morris and Dan Gladden.

Oops, yeah, I meant to say that to you. And too bad for the Twins, but I'm glad we're keeping him.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hey eznark, can you give a scouting report on Cory Provus? Twins just announced him as John Gordon's replacement.

BFIB

For those in Boston and Chicago, what are your local media reports stating, as far as front runners are concerned?

Trying to narrow down, who out of who being interviewed here in St. Louis has a good shot.

Screen-shot-2011-11-03-at-11.32.24-AM.png

yeah, Pagan is gone. Interesting to see who replaces him.

Sanjuro

nemss said:
For those in Boston and Chicago, what are your local media reports stating, as far as front runners are concerned?

Trying to narrow down, who out of who being interviewed here in St. Louis has a good shot.
I would imagine Francona getting the St. Louis position.

FOOTE

nemss said:

The guys on the radio here in St. Louis are basically saying that Francona is the only one who is ready to take over. I wonder what he will ask for, contract wise, compared to the others.

Sanjuro

You kind of have to hire him once you interview.

St. Louis: So, what are your credentials?
Tito: Won two World Series in in seven seasons. Players manager. I've handled divas and high-profile players. Not taking any time off, I want to manage for next season.

St. Louis: Well we have reached a decision. We are sorry, but you aren't in our future plans.
Tito:?
St. Louis: We are going with Willie-fuckin-Randolph!

U3OZZ.jpg

Sanjuro

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Sizemore please.
No, I want Sizemore! I think he will do better on a established team. Even the Rays I think are a better fit. Less pressure for him to perform if it doesn't work out. If it does work out, then more pressure for him to perform.

Also, future HoF'er Johnny Damon is available. Don't let me down beisbol.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Square Triangle said:
You buy games at full price? Oh you ATL fans, I tell ya!
ok, print the box art off and put it on a empty case. Save yourself $30.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Please tell me The Show has dumped Mauer.

I don't even care who they put on the cover, it was just so pathetic having Mauer on the cover once, let alone twice.

FOOTE said:
The guys on the radio here in St. Louis are basically saying that Francona is the only one who is ready to take over. I wonder what he will ask for, contract wise, compared to the others.
I've heard them talking about giving Oquendo a chance too. I mean he does already have pretty well established relationships with all the players and has been working under Larussa's wing for forever. I'm sure the St. Louis fans would welcome him with open arms as well. Don't know how well he would do as manager though.....it would be interesting.

darkside31337 said:
Please tell me The Show has dumped Mauer.

I don't even care who they put on the cover, it was just so pathetic having Mauer on the cover once, let alone twice.

Theo is going to be on it.

Sanjuro

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Why is Mike Maddux so sought after?
When I was a kid I used to trade for him in World Series baseball thinking he was Greg Maddux's brother. Apparently current teams are using this philosophy.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
When I was a kid I used to trade for him in World Series baseball thinking he was Greg Maddux's brother. Apparently current teams are using this philosophy.

it is his brother. Maddux has a brother that pitched as well right?

Sharp

Right-hander Chien-Ming Wang agreed to terms with the Nationals on Thursday on a one-year deal, pending a physical, according to a source.
I hope it's for a low price so we don't feel bad about cutting him after spring training.

But they are still BB machines and don't bring up stats, I said it would haunt them people called me crazy before WS but the WS redeemed me.

Lambtron said:
Hey eznark, can you give a scouting report on Cory Provus? Twins just announced him as John Gordon's replacement.

I really like Provus, and I'm sad to see him go. I always thought he was being groomed as Uecker's replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom