• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SoulCalibur V Aeon (Lizardman), Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, newcomer Sheba revealed

Details at Famitsu

aeon.jpg

cervy.jpg

yoshi.jpg

sheba.jpg

Might as well say it in this thread too.

Cervantes looks really plain...and not nearly as cool as his evil undead forms.

That monkey goku kid isn't even a stain on Kilik's underpants.

Why does lizard man have angel wings? Just...why?

Yoshi looks fine.

Urban Scholar said:
A pretty boy monkey king character with a bo staff?....My 2nd main confirmed?
I'm digging his design too. He reminds me a lot of:
natsu_fairy_tail.jpg

Fused with Son Goku from Saiyuki.

Edit: Cervantes looks a lot more ... human than usual.

NeonZ

I like Xiba and human Cervantes. I guess this basically confirms that Kilik is out though. I thought the comments about Kilik's "ill fate" were actually setting up his return as some kind of possessed character, but I guess he'll just "disappear" before this game.

New Yoshimitsu might look good in 3d, but the art really isn't doing much for him and Aeon.... what? I thought they'd give him back his human form. Now, rather than that, he got angel wings?

Wait a minute...

Are they trying to replace my Kilik with that little nerd? They bring back the old motherfuckers and Kilik can't make the cut?

goddamit

RedSwirl said:
Having trouble with these machine translations.
Yeah, that's why I just posted pics and didn't bother to give details, because who the hell knows what it really says. We don't even know the kid's correct name, since it gets translated differently a few times.

When will we reach the point where the games will look as good as the production art? I can't tell aholes from angel wings in some of those screens. :|

As always Namco production art > Namco game.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I'm gonna be playing this Sheba fellow... staff-using monkey kids are always cool. Yoshi's looking pretty beast too, love how he has the head of his SC4 incarnation, heh.

But my dreams of an Edgemaster-lookin' old man Kilik have been shattered? :(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
SolarPowered said:
Wait a minute...

Are they trying to replace my Kilik with that little nerd? They bring back the old motherfuckers and Kilik can't make the cut?

goddamit
He got stuck at the boob size checkpoint.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The wings are a funky and unexpected touch, but not bad. It's definitely the best looking version of lizardman so far!

Though, I do wonder at the double axes - is he finally an original style and not a clone base character?

Monkeyboy is also LOL, but I suppose it's monkey king mania the last few years in all games.

Human Cervantes is awesome, I love the simpler design. It went way overboard (heh) in the last game. Same with Yoshimitsu. As for Goku, I can't really say, he looks like Hong switched styles or maybe Tokugawa guest starred from Sengoku Basara.

I'm guessing Aeon will be intelligent in this game so it might switch up his style a lot. Those wings really require an explanation though...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LOL, I love the character designs.

X26 said:
cervantes looks younger, how does that make sense?
Isn't he undead?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Shig said:
So now lizardmen can fly?

And yet there was never a problem when he was only a giant anthropomorphic reptile man with who knew kung fu.

Also, the in-game screen shots reveal he has a fire breathing ability now, so I think they're just slapping a lizard-to-dragon upgrade kit on him.

From the mangled Google translate, it does indeed say that Cervantes got a new body 12 years ago, and that Yoshimitsu is the second generation leader (so that's indeed Yoshi 1's head or helmet).

Kaijima said:
And yet there was never a problem when he was only a giant anthropomorphic reptile man with who knew kung fu.

Also, the in-game screen shots reveal he has a fire breathing ability now, so I think they're just slapping a lizard-to-dragon upgrade kit on him.
Dragonman

NeonZ

X26 said:
cervantes looks younger, how does that make sense?

Apparently, he broke the Soul Edge's curse and obtained a new human body 12 years before this game. There's no full profile available right now though.

SiegfriedFM said:
Human Cervantes is awesome, I love the simpler design. It went way overboard (heh) in the last game. Same with Yoshimitsu. As for Goku, I can't really say, he looks like Hong switched styles or maybe Tokugawa guest starred from Sengoku Basara.

I'm guessing Aeon will be intelligent in this game so it might switch up his style a lot. Those wings really require an explanation though...

He's an angel!
jk

Goddamn when are they going to announce Setsuka. Interested in seeing how Sheba plays, though I did not like Kilik at all, maybe this new character will not be just a skin swap, and actually bring something new to the table.

LiK

Urban Scholar said:
Lizardman's upgrade....I'm going to be spending hours on the wikia to know what the hell is up with that.
Means nothing. They just wanted,to add wings to him.

Top Bottom