• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek Employee Resume: RYSE Moved To "X-Box Next Gen"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks to TheOddOne for finding this!

TheOddOne said:
Source
linkedin said:
RYSE (X-Box Next Gen) Pushing boundaries of next generation gaming, RYSE is an original AAA IP from Crytek slated to deliver an Epic first-person melee experience in the Roman Empire.

- Designed, created, implemented and scripted numerous game levels using all facets of Sandbox Editor and CryEngine.
- Lead and mentored Jr. Level Designers and Level Designers as well as collaborated with colleagues across multiple disciplines to ensure winning efforts.
- Championed original Game Design for Tablet title exclusive to Crytek and expanding the franchise to include new genre of video game.

rysej8p96.png

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Definitely want see their engine on better HW. Not that we aren't seen the game already shine up really good on PC but at least if/when we see something, we may or may not know specs of the HW yet.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I want them to update their freesdk with next-gen features like Epic did but this won't happen methinks.

FatCat

More and more clues as to how far the next box launches. I honestly would not be surprised if they unveil it in 2012.

Red

Definitely want see their engine on better HW. Not that we aren't seen the game already shine up really good on PC but at least if/when we see something, we may or may not know specs of the HW yet.
Even if new console hardware does not have the brute strength of modern PCs, I am interested to see what kind of optimizations and improvements can be made given the time with a closed system.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Even if new console hardware does not have the brute strength of modern PCs, I am interested to see what kind of optimizations and improvements can be made given the time with a closed system.

That and the PC side benefiting from console devs working on better HW and putting our PC HW to better use. Some games are obvious console ports is what I mean.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Their SDK doesn't support DX11?

haha, no. Crysis 2 sdk supports it. Presumably these guys are yet to write decent DX11 implementation for AMD. also no scaleform, so you have to code your UI in C++ but they promised it will be there some day.

also they are rampling up their support by posting decent tutorials. Devs are active on forums. The sdk is too young anyway. Still I prefer it to UDK just because it's almost like Minecraft.

TheOddOne

looks more like "xbox next gen" just means xbox 360, and this is just liberal use of "next gen"
Could be, but still suprising that anybody would still call the 360 "xbox next gen". She worked at Crytek for 7 months, maby a slip? Who knows.

Huff

Banned
The current kinect features may not be enough for what they want Ryse to do. Waiting for Kinect 2.0

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why would they show the game at E3 if it's coming out on the next console?

Well, originally it was coming out in Fall 2011, then Microsoft had the project moved from Budapest to Frankfurt, so it might be in enough turmoil that it just got delayed at this point.

TheOddOne

Why would they show the game at E3 if it's coming out on the next console?
Ryse has had a difficult production, it was being worked on by Crytek Budapest but last year the project moved to the main Crytek Frankfurt (Crysis) by Microsoft. Something went wrong there, tons of people from Budapest left for other companies. The delay could be attributed to the project being moved to the next gen console.

Edit: Beaten by Nirolak :p

Wolfie5

Xbox 360 was unveiled in May and released in November same year.

Considering the increase in rumors/news I believe the next xbox will be unveiled sometime in spring(latest at e3) and released in Oct-Nov 2012.

EDIT:
Also, it will be 7 years since x360 was released.

Empty

looks more like "xbox next gen" just means xbox 360, and this is just liberal use of "next gen"

occam's razor. i think ryse being moved to the nextbox launch, given that it's a new ip which do better on new platforms and that crytek are great for showing off new visuals, is far more likely than someone in the games industry not calling it the ubiquitous 360 but the "xbox next gen" in 2011. i haven't heard anyone refer to this gen as next gen in about two years.

Well, originally it was coming out in Fall 2011, then Microsoft had the project moved from Budapest to Frankfurt, so it might be in enough turmoil that it just got delayed at this point.

They showed it in June, she left in July. People fudge the truth on resumes but doesn't really seem to leave any time for her to have worked on new hardware and it wouldn't make any sense for them to show the game if it had already been moved.

acm2000

the over use of "next gen" in this generation of consoles drives me crazy, people still call it next gen, and i want to smack them, hard

TheOddOne

They showed it in June, she left in July. People fudge the truth on resumes but doesn't really seem to leave any time for her to have worked on new hardware and it wouldn't make any sense for them to show the game if it had already been moved.
Maby she worked on it while it was still running on 360, but moved or knew it was going to be moved to new hardware. Looks good on your resume to say you "worked" on next gen hardware.

Shtof

occam's razor. i think ryse being moved to the nextbox launch, given that it's a new ip which do better on new platforms and that crytek are great for showing off new visuals, is far more likely than someone in the games industry not calling it the ubiquitous 360 but the "xbox next gen" in 2011. i haven't heard anyone refer to this gen as next gen in about two years.

Yep, obviously. No one refers to PS360 as next gen these days.

But yet we had final 360 specs in Feb 2004. Close to two years before it's release.

That's one of the things that doesn't jive here.

I think 2013 is possible, but not 2012.

You don't think they'd want to keep things under wraps this time around? I don't think leaked/announced specs are a good indication of when the hardware will launch.

Top Bottom