• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex 2012 | Fighting game tournament | January 6-8

USD

STREAM

Streams provided by 8WayRun and bifuteki.

Stream 1: http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun - Super Smash Bros., All Finals
Stream 2: http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki - SSFIV AE, UMvC3, MK

INFO

Check here for the history of Apex.

Apex 2012 is the first tournament in the EVO 2012 Tournament Season. This is primarily a Super Smash Bros. tournament, so expect a heavy focus on that (hence why Stream is reserved for Smash).

SPONSORS
All is Brawl
DMG
Izze
Level|Up
Local Battles
Saber Gaming
vVv Gaming

GAMES

Mortal Kombat
Pokemon Black/White
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Singles & doubles)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles & doubles)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

PLAYERS

Check here for a list of registered players.

SCHEDULE

All times are EST (-5 GMT)

FRIDAY
9:00am-11:00am Check in
11:00am Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles Bracket
4:00pm Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles Pools, Round 1
6:00pm Pokemon Black/White
6:00pm All Brawl
6:00pm USA vs The World Melee 8v8 Exhibition
8:00pm Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Pools, Round 2
9:30pm Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Bracket (until top 8)

SATURDAY
8:00am-10:00am Check in
10:00am Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles Bracket (until top 4)
10:00am Super Street Fighter 4 (until top 8)
10:00am Mortal Kombat 9
11:00am Smash 64 Singles Bracket
12:00pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (until top 8)
3:00pm Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Pools, Round 1
5:00pm USA vs The World Brawl 8v8 Exhibition
5:00pm Give-a-ways
6:30pm Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Pools, Round 2
7:30pm Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Bracket (until top 8)

SUNDAY
8:00am-12:00pm Check in & Casual Play
12:00pm Super Street Fighter 4 top 8
12:00pm Give-a-ways
2:00pm Super Smash Bros Melee top 8 singles and top 4 teams
4:00pm Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 top 8
7:00pm Super Smash Bros. Brawl top 8 singles and top 4 teams
9:00pm Awards & Closing Ceremonies

Crocodile

Oh shit, competitive Pokemon on stream? Is this a first? I really want to see this. Hopefully my computer doesn't crap out on me.

BY2K

Membero Americo

The Stream Monsters are gonna have a blast bitching on Smash Bros.

And is the Pokemon Stuff gonna be streamed, too?

USD

sumabura!

Any big names for AE2012?

The entry list for all the traditional fighting games was only 85 on the site, and the only names I saw were Hyo and MarlinPie, so didn't bother with a list. I doubt that list is complete though, I'm pretty sure that a decent bit of the NY and NJ crews will show up. I'm pretty sure Dieminion will be there at least.

Oh shit, competitive Pokemon on stream? Is this a first? I really want to see this. Hopefully my computer doesn't crap out on me.

The above schedule is a general schedule and not necessarily a stream one, so Pokemon may or may not get stream time. I'm not even sure how you would go about doing so. And regardless, considering it's starting at the same time as the USA vs The World Melee 8v8 Exhibition, I highly doubt you'll actually see any Pokemon.

Crocodile

The above schedule is a general schedule and not necessarily a stream one, so Pokemon may or may not get stream time. I'm not even sure how you would go about doing so. And regardless, considering it's starting at the same time as the USA vs The World Melee 8v8 Exhibition, I highly doubt you'll actually see any Pokemon.

:(

Competitive handheld pokemon... how does this even work??

Not sure if serious........
I mean if you really care you can head over to sites like Smogon to learn up. It's a kids game but it has a serious and deep competitive element to it. A bit too time consuming for my tastes to really keep up but definitely something worthy of respect.

USD

Heh, I never knew anyone in Japan played Smash competitively. Other than some random matches on YouTube and catching a few of Jaxel's Brawl streams, I haven't watched very much of competitive Smash, so this should be interesting.

Azure J

10 years and one month, but who's counting?

True true, I was just thinking about how long that was and had a "whoa" moment making that post.

Anyone who was interested in seeing how the game works from the Marvel thread should really check this out.

I love watching high-level Melee play. It's incredible how much staying power that game has.

Some good streams here to watch this weekend. : )

USD

Not really related, but it was shock to me when I found out that everyone played Stock in Smash. Growing up, my brothers and I always played Time, so it was a competition for the most kills.

Lulubop

Well Apex was only announced as an Evo tournament a few days ago, I imagine a lot of top players decided to attend after the announcement.

I've never watched a smash tourney, but I think I'll check out some. US vs the World sounds intriguing.

Azure J

Not really related, but it was shock to me when I found out that everyone played Stock in Smash. Growing up, my brothers and I always played Time, so it was a competition for the most kills.

Hah, now that you mention it, I realize I did the same thing playing with my siblings and didn't put much time into stock matches.

Azure J

I remember the days when I would tell people Peach was good and they'd laugh at me. Holy shit that match was craaaaazy. :lol

Snakeyes

Those of you that don't know much about tournament Smash should watch this. It's a really awesome fighter once you get into it. You'll also see that the "Fox Only, Final Destination" bullshit is just that.

Azure J

Yo, look at this guy's hands on stream. He's like using the Gamecube controller as a fight stick or something and his finger work is insane. o_O

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know a few people who went to this. I was thinking of going, but I just would have gone for Marvel. I did play Melee at one point, though I'd probably just play casual games.

Top Bottom