• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DAYTONA USA |OT| This is your crew chief. You're in a rolling start...

Trojan X

Banned
Unfortunately, no. :(

Scud_Race_Art_02.jpg

Let me know if you got access for I would love to see them.

If SCUD RACE was graphically repainted to Forza's standard or what we see in those artworks then everyone would go insane!

GrayFoxPL

Ok gang, I know you've been waiting for this one! This is a christmas packed episode of VERSUS BATTLECAST! This week, we have:

* gone head 2 head with LAST BRONX and SOUL EDGE
* waked down Memory Lane with SCUD RACE
* announced the winner of Episode 2.

gritos_invisibles.1301839400.IMAGEN1.jpg

Check it out here and seriously turned up volume, set it to full screen 1080p, and eat some popcorn goodness while watching the action! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVRr0rA088

Enjoy!

Excellent episode. Made me play Last Bronx for hours today.

Question: Did you tweak the colors in m2 emu? I get warm dark colors and would prefer colder, I know you can do that in ini but I'm curious if you have them on default or not.

Btw. You should make a thread with all those vids to show.

Trojan X

Banned
Excellent episode. Made me play Last Bronx for hours today.

Question: Did you tweak the colors in m2 emu? I get warm dark colors and would prefer colder, I know you can do that in ini but I'm curious if you have them on default or not.

Btw. You should make a thread with all those vids to show.

Thanks dude, I'm really that you enjoyed it. Please spread the word about the show.

No tweaking involved. All default.

Yes, I'll definitely make a NEW thread with all the videos in place when I release the next episode.

Trojan X

Banned
oh my days. I've been having a super blast on Daytona this week. There really are some incredible drivers out there. I just wished Reverse mode was done instead of mirror. I would have love going around the tracks in the opposite direction. I think my friend's list is nearly full.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I've been waiting for ever to finally post in this thread!

If anyone is still playing please add me my GT is SegaManAU

Trojan X, I'm pretty sure I've added you to XBL but you haven't been online for a while!

Trojan X

Banned

Trojan X, I'm pretty sure I've added you to XBL but you haven't been online for a while!

I think I've added you, my friend. I'll go double check. Ah yes, you are on my friends list. I'll go play Daytona USA the week so I hope to see you online.

EVERYONE - you should must 100% watch the latest episode of Versus Battlecast because you'll find something incredibly interesting and helpful in regards to Daytona USA. Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp84Nz6i2Ig&feature=BFa&list=SPEDED0C203D71D110&lf=list_related

Let's continue all discussions in the official VERSUS BATTLECAST thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459974

Trojan X

Banned

Yup! I've added you, my friend. See you online for a battle soon! Don't forget to check out the latest episode of Versus Battlecast. You won't be disappointed.

Shaneus

Holy crap! That makes Daytona USA an absolute BARGAIN! Take it while you still can!
Does it still come with the m0dus theme? I have it on 360 but would buy it on PS3 for that alone.

Edit: Not even on sale in Australia :/ Can the theme be bought separately? Edit #2: No. But m0dus' pixel avatars can. Boo-urns.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Does it still come with the m0dus theme? I have it on 360 but would buy it on PS3 for that alone.

Edit: Not even on sale in Australia :/ Can the theme be bought separately? Edit #2: No. But m0dus' pixel avatars can. Boo-urns.

The m0dus theme is listed as a seperate download now for $1.50 or something like that. (I live in the US)

Trojan X

Banned
Any word on how well this game has done? Hopefully well enough to get more sega classics

Only found October's data:

xblanewreleasesoct11.png

Considering the game was a staggered launch with NA receiving the title first, the major online lobby flaw, the lack of promotions surrounding the game (many people didn't know it was out), the big sales discount during December in NA, and comparing the sales against the performance of other XBLA titles, there may be a strong possibility that Daytona didn't perform to the original forecast. Of course, we need to see November and December's data to know for sure.

Gynoug79

My Fanatec broke and i am using my g27 now for the first time... But i have a problem with Daytona USA; instead of force feed back i almost only get only a very strong vibration. Is there a solution to this is or is my wheel broken out of the box ? it seems fine in GT5 though...

Trojan X

Banned
I was playing Daytona USA the other day. Unfortunately, as always, I couldn't find a room to play in so I created my own. After 15minutes, I managed to get a multiplayer game going and it was still... awesome!

I hope SEGA understand their mistakes with the lobby room; this must not happen again.

Baron

What mistakes with the lobby are you talking about? 360 only issue? I played online multi quite a bit the first few weeks when it came out and didn't have any troubles (on PS3).

That said, I went online looking for some games recently and was dejected there was nobody else playing. Is the 360 community for Daytona more active? I'll gladly buy it again on 360 if so.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
how the hell does bass fishing have a 40 average on metacritic, bullshit.

Shaneus

zomg that vid

mCkBj.jpg

\(^o^)/
Old post to quote, but I love his heavily American-accented Engrish. It just sounds like an amazing clash/combination of cultures. Plus the guy just seems so happy and charismatic, it makes me smile that he still has so much fun with music he made almost 20 years ago. That video where he sings it at some random post-expo party and he doesn't mind at all... dude is the shit. Oh, and he can still belt the fuck out of it.

Anyone know if he's still working on stuff?

Takenobu is always busy at SEGA, Wave Master, and SEGA's in-house band (H.). He and Hiroshi Kawaguchi are essentially top management at the SEGA sound team, alongside Naofumi Hataya and Jun Senoue, and they're constantly working on releasing albums with music old and new under the Wave Master label, with new arrangements and music packaged inside. So don't worry about Takenobu—he's been grandfathered.

He and Charlie Kosei are my two favorite vocalists ever, the former with his era-defining magical voice and the latter with his impossibly-cool, super-deep voice. And they're both so friendly and professional in their line of work. Dreamy.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Apparently, both Daytona and Sega Rally Online Arcade are part of an Xbox Live Arcade stealth sale. Can anyone check and see if they've been marked down to 400 points each for the week?

Baron

Apparently, both Daytona and Sega Rally Online Arcade are part of an Xbox Live Arcade stealth sale. Can anyone check and see if they've been marked down to 400 points each for the week?

Daytona is 400 points on 360 right now. I just double-dipped, as everytime I try the PS3 version nobody is playing online. Xbox Live tends to be more active.

I bought this the other night as I been meaning to get around to it, love the game just like I did at my local laser quest back in the days of being a kid, such a good arcade racing game even in today's standards.

I need more gaffers on my friends list to beat the times of :)

GT: Diablohead UK

Baron

I was hoping that because of the sale, there would be a bump in the Daytona online activity. Sadly, I haven't been able to find a single online game yet. Maybe it's the time of day I'm on... do most people play at night?

Gynoug79

Sorry for asking again but is anyone playing this with a g27 ? I cant get proper FFB out of it with the game - it just vibrates... plays fine with a Fanatec PWTS though !?

I was hoping that because of the sale, there would be a bump in the Daytona online activity. Sadly, I haven't been able to find a single online game yet. Maybe it's the time of day I'm on... do most people play at night?

This makes me sad. Where are all the GAFers who were creaming their shorts when this came out???

Sorry for asking again but is anyone playing this with a g27 ? I cant get proper FFB out of it with the game - it just vibrates... plays fine with a Fanatec PWTS though !?

Try this

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3903541?start=0&tstart=0

i'll be up for some gaf racing tonight, I have played online with some randoms with green ping but the cars would lag everywhere, guess that's just the old game and netcode clashing.

Dave Long

Banned
If you want online races, create your own room and wait. People tend to look for games but never create one, so my guess is there are always a few folks hitting the button to connect but never finding anything. When you make your own room, it'll get four players within five minutes or so in my experience.

It's been a month or two since I played, but that was the case then.

Gynoug79

Tried it but it doesnt work for me. Even when the car is stationary the wheel vibrates at full force when you turn the wheel just a bit. Set the controller vibration to off via XMB but that also doesnt help. Tried the diffrent ports etc. - no luck !

Googled a bit more but can only find people with the same problem but no other solution. There is a youtube g27 PS3 gameplay video where it seems to work as it should. I really dont get it. I ll delete the game and download it again...

Baron

I have to go to work now, maybe in about 5 or so hours?

I'd be game but I've got an appointment in 5 hours. I assume you're talking about the XBLA version, not PSN? I'll add you to my friends list.

Maybe I'll set up a beacon for the game. That is the point of these beacon-thingys, right? To attract people to the game?

some real dicks online, you are about to clean pass them and they just hit you into a wall like it's a valid thing to do :/

360 version yes sorry for not saying before.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I'm still playing online so if anyone wants a game please add me:

SegaManAU - Xbox

I recently just double dipped so I'm online on PS also - Mad4Monaros

Cheers

Dave Long

Banned
some real dicks online, you are about to clean pass them and they just hit you into a wall like it's a valid thing to do :/

360 version yes sorry for not saying before.
Haha! That's how you're supposed to play according to people in this thread! Running people into the fence is a legitimate tactic. You're supposed to be faster so that can't happen to you!

I agree with you. It's stupid. People who play this game don't know the first thing about auto racing.

Just be prepared for it and slow down to let them hit the fence on their own. It works.

yeah you have to get used to it, happens a lot in forza also.

Trying a challenge I set myself, GP laps, tyre wear on, finish 1st on beginner and advanced (no pit on expert) feel free to watch or something, I want to try and stream gaming more often.

http://www.twitch.tv/diabuk

Also anyone who wants to play on xbl in the next few hours let me know, can stream a gaf lobby too.

Does the steering feel rough and 'notchy' on PS3 Daytona?

On my Xbox/wheel it does, similar thing with the Sega Model 2 emulator for PC.

I find it quite distracting.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Haha! That's how you're supposed to play according to people in this thread! Running people into the fence is a legitimate tactic. You're supposed to be faster so that can't happen to you!

I agree with you. It's stupid. People who play this game don't know the first thing about auto racing.
"Rubbin' is racing!"

I don't have a problem with it at all, but that stems from the "play to win" fighting game mentality. In a VS match you're not trying for the fastest track time; you're trying to beat the tar out of your competition!

Top Bottom