• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I don't even know what the hell an API is. Silly people throwing around acronyms all the time.

API stands for Application Program Interface, and to simplify it the most it means a super simplified way to interact with another program or server to get data. In this case, a super standard way of getting data for any game or any player on Reach quickly.

Example: Get Game details

Example: Get the details of a file

Example: Get the game history

You may notice if you compare the table of data to what 343 has on their site, there's a huge disparity.

hmm... i should fill one of these out, i guess

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
04/02/2012

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age
Canada, and im 25

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game
not sure what age. probably 3 years after CE came out for PC.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
since i applied for registration. found this site looking for info on building pc's. im also a big halo fan.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
not everyone may agree but i loved halo 2 campaign. multiplayer, i started online with halo 3 but i played a lot of split screen with 2. im going to say 3 just because i have had more experience with it. my heart says 2 though lol. gunplay, map, movement was 10x better.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
42 in snipes, team slayer, and lone wolves

AR or BR?
carbine

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
halo ce: prisoner
halo 2: lockout
halo 3: dont hate on this choice but construct

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
so many to hate, so few to like. forge world is out of the question. reflection sucks. swordbase i liked until i realized it was a campfest. boneyard is stupid. spire is nonsense. im going to say zealot and construct, but the mlg version.

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
MLG

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
multiplayer.

Games completed on solo Legendary.
3, ODST, Reach, and CE. never beat 2 in legendary. those damn aimbot jackals piss me off

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
if you want me to be

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
cant recall them by name. i usually beat them once and never go back to them

Favorite Reach playlists.
currently, ZB. before the title update i used to only play squad. cant stand armor lock and i think that was the only playlist without it. it also didnt have any forged maps (other than asylum). i hate mlg in reach (dont like gray maps) but loved it in 3.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

Opinion on reticule bloom.
some needs to flash me with one of these so that it gets wiped from my memory ... so bad
men-in-black-3.jpg

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
look at opinion on reticule bloom. i only use sprint but that is because the game moves so slow.

Why are you a Halo fan?
i like the campaign and it is the only shooter out that gets me hooked based on gameplay and not cheap gimmicks *cough* modern warfare *cough*
reach though is trying my patience.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
favorite halogaffer has to be ... well i havent been following this thread close enough to know who is who but im gonna choose heckfu. awesome name lol

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
nothing for now

Karl2177

That wasn't in the one I copied and pasted so I missed that. Don't have a favorite but least favorite is definitely Hirednoobs.

hahahahahaha yes.

I'll just go out and say I hate Tunavi, simply because he can't post.

favorite halogaffer has to be ... well i havent been following this thread close enough to know who is who but im gonna choose heckfu. awesome name lol
cute

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's partly I just don't like MLG settings, and partly annoyance that MLG portrays itself as the "true" competitive Halo.

Exactly. Halo is pretty much at its best when completely insane things happen (one of the reasons I enjoy BTB), and MLG rules take every random factor out of the game, making the game incredibly tedious, for me at least. I will admit MLG settings separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of skill most of the time, but the barebones core of the style turns me off quite a bit

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Exactly. Halo is pretty much at its best when completely insane things happen (one of the reasons I enjoy BTB), and MLG rules take every random factor out of the game, making the game incredibly tedious, for me at least. I will admit MLG settings separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of skill most of the time, but the barebones core of the style turns me off quite a bit

*faints*

finally someone gets it

We'll see, I did something faster than that. I created a quick depth map, used projection master in Zbrush to displace it on a plane, dropped it into dynamesh, clipped the back off, and imported to 3ds max.

Simple box modelling wouldn't have worked? That's what I would have done. hahaha

You could have used shadow box too.

I never did this!.

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Sorta

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
UK fam, 21

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?

Too long to count or care

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)

Campaign: ODST
Multiplayer: Halo 2

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

AR or BR?
Not even a question, BR

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Sidewinder,Lockout and The Pit

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)

Powerhouse

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Multiplayer

Games completed on solo Legendary.

Halo Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 2 Vista
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?

Im MikeDongBlain

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.

The Pillar of Autumn
Assault on the Control Room
Outskirts
Delta Halo
Sierra 117
Tasvo Highway
The Ark
The Covenant
ALL of ODST
Exodus
New Alexandria
The Package
The Pillar of Autumn
Lone Wolf

Favorite Reach playlists.

Anything that has TU.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

(Click to make bigger)

Opinion on reticule bloom.

85% isnt too bad but honestly i preferred when it was gone for good.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Get out my haloz, if they where more unique and less intrusive to actual gameplay i wouldnt have much of a problem

Why are you a Halo fan?
Lore + Multiplayer Shenanigans

I like you all, then i hate you all, then i like you again. Im fickle, your opinionated, dealwith it.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
Meh, you know me. 21, jobless, dont care, pretty arrogant and sexually suggestive in party chat on xbl massive nerd ect. Would you like to know more? Ask me

FyreWulff

Went to play Social Slayer with someone in Halo 3 the other day. Used one of my silver tags to play with them as to not pull in high level dudes. They hadn't really played multi before. Like, two three games? First game, matched against a party that had a guy with 2400 Social Slayer EXP. Either he's that bad and somehow has just played long enough to get that, or hey it's the same Trueskill!

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of doing a continous single run in both ODST and Halo 3's campaigns so that they show up as my final game history for Bungie.net. Maybe get the rest of the ODST firefight points skulls unlocked before Bungie.net freezes as well.

How do you even keep playing?, thats me done for the day or at least a few hours when i run into a situation like that. Im so disheartened with Reach not only because of the quiters ect but the core game itself now.

Its amazing because sometimes im so hyped to just be playing but most of the time im just wasting time till Halo 4. Whats worse is i have a huge backlog that's just sitting waiting to be played and i still find myself on reach.

>_> first world problems

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of doing a continous single run in both ODST and Halo 3's campaigns so that they show up as my final game history for Bungie.net. Maybe get the rest of the ODST firefight points skulls unlocked before Bungie.net freezes as well.

If you are doing co-op id love a inv

PyDUj.jpg

Here's my take on it, same warm light setup they used, but with a h2/h3 feel.

I like it. You should try adding the grid pattern that is present in the current logo on top of your new texture, and see if that looks any good.

*i.e. don't change a damn thing, Devo, because it's fine as is.

I dunno, it may just be the logo's texture, but to me it just looks fan made and flat. It just needs a little more something, though I also think the 4 is kinda big as well.

I like it. You should try adding the grid pattern that is present in the current logo on top of your new texture, and see if that looks any good.

I did and it wasn't pretty. I'll give it another modeling pass with some forerunner details thrown in next week after I finish out that EOD model.

I did and it wasn't pretty. I'll give it another modeling pass with some forerunner details thrown in next week after I finish out that EOD model.

Ah ok, cool, I wasn't sure how it would look if that was added. Some forerunner details would probably looks really nice with what you have done IMO, so Im looking forward to seeing it, and updates to your EOD model.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I dunno, it may just be the logo's texture, but to me it just looks fan made and flat. It just needs a little more something, though I also think the 4 is kinda big as well.

I guess it could use some extra thickness, but overall I think it looks nice mostly for its simplicity. I was worried 343 would attach some subtitle to it which would make its official logo the full name of the game. I like the simplicity in presence that Halo 2 and 3 portray by having a partial Halo wrapped around the corresponding number.

Occam's razor, etc.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Or we could just not have one.

Just saying!

Agreed. If you're a new member, I don't want to see a laundry list of what you think, your opinions and overall personality should naturally show itself with the quality of your posts over time and not from your responses to a survey that no one reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom