• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
MgGLp.jpg

Ragnarok Odyssey + all the preorder stuff.

Will post Gravity Daze next week. <3

Huh, I didn't think they were releasing the novella over here.
I did a little research after I posted and apparently this was a Best Buy exclusive. It was part of their pre-order program. But the one I got was sitting there with a few others on an end cap in the store. I thought at first it was the collector's edition, but no. I would have liked that, but since this one had a bonus without any extra cost, I'll take it.

The novella itself isn't that impressive, however. It's literally 37 pages in fairly big print, so it's not a ton of content. And no illustrations either. That would have been nice. Still, I'm not complaining.

jonno394

Looking forward to playing this, seems like RE;R will be on the back burner for quite some time with this and Last Window...

2012-02-04184018.jpg

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
My newest Yahoo gets to continue padding out the original Famicom collection:

432070_10100487047514840_16907981_49209203_148255540_n.jpg

419068_10100485691956390_16907981_49206256_514989203_n.jpg

397003_10100477315702470_16907981_49177474_1506339092_n.jpg

396964_10100462179755030_16907981_49128943_1288481746_n.jpg

The FFIII was an EPROM switch a guy did for me. YES

Beats

That's cool, I've never had the opportunity to use one myself. How is it, is it that much better than the tablet?

I've been using a regular tablet for a few years now, but the Cintiq feels much more comfortable to use and let's me work a lot faster. I can't really say if it's that much better than a tablet objectively since I don't know all that much about tablets, but personally speaking it certainly feels a lot better.

0022dwqrs.png

SLV

Damn, i am craving the Drive steelbook blu-ray :/
I am probably going to bite the bullet, choice between that and FF XIII-2, both cost about the same

Gameboy415

All of the awesome Japanese pick-ups in this thread are making me want to move back to Japan! :)

Here's some stuff I grabbed last week:

1201-Target.jpg

Had a nice clearance score at an out-of-the-way Target.
I'd been looking for a Rock Band keyboard for PS3 at a decent price for ages and $39.98 worked for me!
The MW controller was $29.98 and the PSEye stand was something I planned to buy anyway, so I thought $6.98 was a decent price.
I found the automatic S-video selector at Goodwill but I need to pick up a power cord for it before I can use it to rig up my classic game consoles.

1201-Games4.jpg

I went to an out-of-the-way Gamestop to pick up Ys Seven LE but, as always, they didn't have the LE box. :(
It wasn't a total waste as I found Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove, Opoona, and TMNT 2 (the last Gamecube game I wanted) for decent prices.
I got Spider-Man 2, Quantum Kabuki Fighter, and Fatal Frame 2 at Half-Price Books and FFIV was still tagged $9.99 @ Best Buy so they honored the lower price for me. :)

tok

Neo Member
Defender. It took me 2 years to find a good one!

defenderandstargatemini.jpg

Asteroids is new too, but it kind of blends (left of Zaxxon).

asteroidsinlineup.jpg

Hale-XF11

Looks like you even have proper arcade carpet. Man, I love arcades sooooooo much. Last one I went to was a small Chuck E Cheese here and it just wasn't the same. 1982, I miss you!

soultron

Banned
tok, that's incredible. I hope you have an understanding partner who also enjoys classic arcade games as much as you do! c:

Also, those PS3 jewel cases are awesome! Gotta say that I've never been a fan of the bigger DVD-style cases.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
All of these Saturn, Famicom and Neo Geo pick ups make me want to take up the hobby. ;_;

tok

Neo Member
Awesome pickup, awesome room, and I LOVE the fact that you put up a scoreboard. Fantastic.

Would love to see more of that room.

Thanks everyone for the comments and laughs. Its nice to know there is still a lot of appreciation for the old school stuff. I play games daily on the PC and XBox, but for me there is nothing else like the feeling of stepping into a room of old school games in attract mode, all fighting for your attention.

I have like 10 games in the room and a couple in the garage, so the lineup varies.
Currently two pinball machines, Pinbot and Taxi.

3 of the cabinets are multigame, I did them when space was a huge concern. I wanted an arcade game in the computer room, because I just love the vibe they give off. It just spiraled out of control and I started getting the dedicated stuff when the room was finished.

Right now, I have Golden Tee 2005, Asteroids, Zaxxon, Defender, Circus Charlie, Moon War and Soul Edge... Soul Edge is a JAMMA machine, which is basically standardized arcade hardware. That means it will run lots of different games by swapping boards like some kind of 400 pound console. I have Soul Calibur in there at the moment, but I have a stack of boards that it will run.

I'll try to get some pics next Saturday to post. Gameroom pics are always better in use.

dc89

gxGKi.jpg

A random can of cherry Dr Pepper. Being from the UK, this stuff is not readily available in super-markets. It was a bit funky.

Today is my birthday!

DEmEF.jpg

:D wrapping paper!

U9ZrW.jpg

fIG27.jpg

Some gifts and recent purchases! I decided to use some Topman vouchers I got at Christmas too.

Oh and MK7 is the first Mario Kart game I have ever owned!

You will go broke not even half way through the Neo Geo AES collection. Most games are about $300+.

This. Dont start collecting aes. Geta consolised mvs or some portable emulators. I own an aes and around 10 boxed games, it aint cheap. A much worthier investment is a supergun and some pcbs..

Haven't heard of symphony of death. But regarding the vengeance trilogy...

D3L9K.gif

I've now triple dipped on the trilogy. Most recent pickup of it was the bluray tin from the states,

symphony of death is the alternative title for cello .. don't know why they renamed it.

Top Bottom