• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

He gets a 2-3 week handicap now.

In the long run I'm sure that will be irrelevant. I'm currently posting at the speed which Cajunator usually posts - however, this is completely different from the way I usually post, hence, I will inevitably be outpaced. It's a marathon, not a race.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wait, so you hate K-On! and like Denpa? It sounds like you should hook up with jman.

New nakama get.

I'm tempted to blow this up into a Kyoani vs. Shaft war, but I don't think that any of us would survive.

/XX/

I'd agree with you if you weren't talking about SHAFT. The thing which makes SHAFT distinctive is that they've very, very deliberately cultivated a "house-style" - it was part of Shinbous remit when he was brought in to head up the studio, and is so pervasive that people who've since left SHAFT have continued to make SHAFT-looking shows even afterwards. There's a very definite consistency to their post-Moon Phase productions that other studios simply can't boast.
What you say is true, I understand that, I don't deny it... Mitsutoshi Kubota's trust in Akiyuki "The Supervisor" Shimbō, his work on DIGITAL@SHAFT department creation... all that among other things defined the studio until right now. My point was that this things aren't permanent enough to grant them that kind of studio personification on their trust, as simple as that.

In any case, the most appropriate stance I would have understood from many people would be their appreciation for the particular people involved, and not to the present structure that hosts them.

Oh hey guys
nice new thread you got here
Welcome back!

People, don't make him go this time!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hitokage tried to pull an Amir0x, but I've captured the evidence in time

hitokages%20truth%20cant%20be%20adjusted.PNG

now watch as this gets censored.

Jex

New nakama get.

I'm tempted to blow this up into a Kyoani vs. Shaft war, but I don't think that any of us would survive.

That's full scale nuclear war man. Mutually assured destruction isn't what any of us want.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So why exactly are envelope and jexhius trying to frame branduil for posting that?

Jex

Don't pretend like you weren't aiming for #1.

There's always a crazy jump in posting towards the end of a threads life-cycle - usually the last 200 posts or so go past in a rush. If I'd wished to secure the top spot I would have spammed from as soon as Cajunator was banned, and done some double posting as well. You can't forget the one post per minute rule either. You can't game the system that way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ibhXw6G7OSLGrl.png

The contract is complete, once again.

Rules Amendment: "Here" henceforth refers to this current thread and all future seasonal anime threads on GAF for perpetuity.

Branduil

There's always a crazy jump in posting towards the end of a threads life-cycle - usually the last 200 posts or so go past in a rush. If I'd wished to secure the top spot I would have spammed from as soon as Cajunator was banned, and done some double posting as well. You can't forget the one post per minute rule either.

I can't help reading this as "it-it's not like I wanted to get the top spot on the wall of shame, you stupid thread. I just happened to have a lot to say about anime, that's all!"

Jex

Thank you haly. I had a horrible nightmare for a second that Jexhius lost his throne, dresden made a new OT and that Madhouse died.

I have to assure you that are no rights, privileges or property attached to posting in these threads far too often. If anything, you just lose more time than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom