• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly: Mario Tennis Open (3DS) set for May 20th?

dxOL9.png

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Mario-Tennis-Open/5003532/

Well, this is a surprise, this shows that it may not be a Power Tennis port after all, I figured that was just a concept demo if anything. But damn that's soon for a game which we know LITTLE about.

Edit: Screencapped incase of Nintendo Ninjas.

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Mario-Tennis-Open/5003532/

Well, this is a surprise, this shows that it may not be a Power Tennis port after all, I figured that was just a concept demo if anything. But damn that's soon for a game which we know LITTLE about.

Thats how Nintendo rolls. Its a mario sports game, we and the press know what to expect. No doubt they will have some spring event to showcase all this stuff eventually.

EDIT: Please god let their be RPG elements.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Unless it has an RPG mode like people have wanted, I don't think there's much to talk about bar how it will utilize the 3Ds' on-line functions, and the character roster which will probably be pretty standard.

Still excited for it though, Mario Tennis rocks.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Also, I want playable Petey, Donkey Kong Jr. (not that Baby DK. mess), and Fly Guy back.

Foffy

Banned
I wouldn't be shocked. Nintendo has a habit of monthly releases since September.

September - Star Fox 64 3D
October - Pokemon Rumble Blast
November - Super Mario 3D Land
December - Pushmo, Mario Kart 7
February - Sakura Samurai
March - Kid Icarus: Uprising
April - Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir

Give me Tricky Boo and RPG elements and I'll be there day one. Heck I'll probably be there anyways because Mario Tennis is just that awesome!

fernoca

Firs time I hear about the revelation of the game back then, been just a proof of concept. They even said that there was going to use some sort of use for the gyros.

hero is right. the 3DS footage is almost exactly the same game as the GCN game. right down to the celebration mario does after winning a point.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
hero is right. the 3DS footage is almost exactly the same game as the GCN game. right down to the celebration mario does after winning a point.
I don't think those videos tell people that it should've been assumed it was going to be a port, but it's good a different title would convince them it's not I guess.

Boney

Banned
So it has Mario's generic 3D model and it's a tennis game. Therefore port.

It has Mario's Paper model and it's an RPG. Therefore port.

So it has Mario's generic 3D model and it's a tennis game. Therefore port.

It has Mario's Paper model and it's an RPG. Therefore port.

People be crazy.

I wouldn't be shocked. Nintendo has a habit of monthly releases since September.

April - Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Because, Japan.

So, what's the likelihood this date is just a placeholder?

Anth0ny

I'm sure that date is just a placeholder, but if it isn't, that's much earlier than expected. I hope it plays like Mario Tennis GBC.

btkadams

i'll buy if it's actually deep. i remember buying mario tennis for gamecube and it just felt like such a shallow game. they really nailed mario kart 7 so i have hope.

if not, i really hope they make another hot shots tennis for vita.

April - Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
Since June actually!

June: Ocarina of Time 3D, 3DC Excitebike, Pokédex 3D
July: 3DC Xevious, Nintendo Video
August: 3DC Urban Champion
September: Star Fox 64 3D, 3DC Twinbee
October: Pokémon Rumble Blast, Tetris Axis, Freakyforms
November: Super Mario 3D Land, 3DC Kirby's Adventure
December: Mario Kart 7, Pushmo, Swapnote
February: Sakura Samurai
March: Kid Icarus Uprising, 3DC Kid Icarus
April: Spirit Camera
May: Mario Tennis Open

We should also get Speedthru and Dillion's Rolling Western sometime in there (Feb-May).

Kuran

Banned
I hope this plays exactly like the 64 version. That game was perfect. The Gamecube game didn't click for me.

Hopefully we get more light on whats happening in NA between april and e3 for nintendo soon. I really see this as a game they would probably put out before e3, I mean new game or not there isn't really much to be revealed about such a title before releasing it.

I'm just curious how this game will use the gyro sensor. I can't see it working in tennis, so I imagine that this game will have minigames that use it.

hatchx

Banned
I hope this plays exactly like the 64 version. That game was perfect. The Gamecube game didn't click for me.

Probably because they added the stupid special power shots that you had to play in all the single player and tournament modes. Really ruined the otherwise great game. Really took the focus on what was important.

I expect online multiplayer.

fuck w/e model this is...

GIVE ME THE RPG STORY THINGIE!

Best thing ever was in the gbc game in which you realized that you can play against mario... who lives on a rainbow... which apparently has an airport!

Insanity.

Top Bottom