• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerooni

Neo Member
Wow, the bemine bundle has gone from fail to fail.. good bunch of games - would be great to.. I don't know.. BUY THEM?

http://groupees.com/bemine

"We are working to transition to our new server schema to support the overwhelming interest in this bundle. We expect to relaunch sometime in the next 24-48 hours. We will update everyone via Twitter. We're sorry for the inconvenience!"

This is after - "Due to a massive response we're increasing our capacity and will be back at 9pm PST".. what the hell?

Wow, the bemine bundle has gone from fail to fail.. good bunch of games - would be great to.. I don't know.. BUY THEM?

http://groupees.com/bemine

"We are working to transition to our new server schema to support the overwhelming interest in this bundle. We expect to relaunch sometime in the next 24-48 hours. We will update everyone via Twitter. We're sorry for the inconvenience!"

This is after - "Due to a massive response we're increasing our capacity and will be back at 9pm PST".. what the hell?

Yeah the thing is in two days they won't need that increased capacity. It's just the initial response that they can't handle, which could be solved easily by just stealth launching (which they might be doing now according to some youtube/twitter comments).

camerooni

Neo Member
Yeah the thing is in two days they won't need that increased capacity. It's just the initial response that they can't handle, which could be solved easily by just stealth launching (which they might be doing now according to some youtube/twitter comments).

I just want to give them my money :p (and get a bargain of course!)

Was watching TotalBiscuits WTF of Xotic last night and it looks pretty sweet.. not a OMG FULL PRICE pretty sweet.. but if it's fun I'll grab the DLC that has sort of just half appeared on the Steam Store to support the dev further. It's called the 'Pipeworks Expansion Pack' or something..

Wichu

Remember we're getting the bottom two themes too. So at the moment, it will be a steampunk ancient Egyptian beat-em-up RTS.

Blizzard

Banned
Surely that humble bundle weekend game won't be on Steam? It would be cool if it showed up there, though.

At any rate, if you want one of the themes near the bottom of the voting results, your best bet is to vote for the games right above it so they become too popular to end up in last place. :p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yes, I believe so.

YXTXS.jpg

http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/stacking_coming_to_pc/

Gav47

Is Stacking coming to PC? I just found/got the Stacking Easter egg achievement in Costume Quest.

It is, no release date yet but it was announced in December.

LA Noire got a DX11 update today, I can't really see any difference with my gpu but it might help some people out, I'm actually surprised that there's any still working on it.

Ok I'll will give the keys away on the right thread! :D

No, I haven't posted in that thread before, just a couple o minutes ago, I moved my giveaway!

Scythian

So Modern Warfare 2, can I change the FOV in multiplayer? It's pretty uncomfortable, but if it could get me VAC banned, I'll just get used to it.

Card Boy

Banned
Just 100%'ed Costume Quest, 7.3hrs.

So Modern Warfare 2, can I change the FOV in multiplayer? It's pretty uncomfortable, but if it could get me VAC banned, I'll just get used to it.

You have to set a FOV binding for it, as it resets after each death. If you bind it to W (Forward) then you practically have it on all the time.

Unfortunately that's the best solution i have heard of.

Relax.MX

1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and

qEU0y.jpg

= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10

Nymerio

1- backlog :) i just finished Hamilton Great Adventure (thanks IGN prime XO), 7 hr. and

qEU0y.jpg

= Gold in all levels...

I love puzzle game like this(indie puzzle games) but this is just boring... ¿my recommendation?..play other like Blocks That Matter

Because the game is mediocre, are some bad decisions in the game design that made it frustrating, not because the game is hard is because is annoying, like the fuckin bird, the flying enemies, animations deaths, etc. Also are bugs in timing gameplay and has zero charisma in his world and characters, feel like a cheap phone game with good graphics...

4/10

Why keep playing if it is that boring? Just play something else instead of forcing yourself through a game you don't even like...

bonesquad

qEU0y.jpg

= Gold in all levels...

4/10

Wait. You bothered to get gold on every level in a game you didn't like? I would have moved on long ago and probably not even finished it (especially if I got it free like you did).

To each his own, but I really like Hamilton's Great Adventure. I (Though I also really like Blocks that Matter.) I will agree that controlling the bird can be annoying at times, but the puzzles are good fun.

qEU0y.jpg

= Gold in all levels...

4/10
gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree with you here. i'm not quite halfway through the game yet, but the characters and story just ooze charm and getting golds on all the stages up to this point has been rewarding and super fun.

did you try playing with a controller? you can tell right away that the bird was designed around one.

MNC

It just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside reading alan wake's store page. "by request of fans, no hud and fov options". Its just so right when a developer listens :D

Blizzard

Banned
gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree with you here. i'm not quite halfway through the game yet, but the characters and story just ooze charm and getting golds on all the stages up to this point has been rewarding and super fun.

did you try playing with a controller? you can tell right away that the bird was designed around one.
Be warned, I seem to recall that even people who liked the game (Stallion Free for instance?) said that the ending levels get very frustrating due to some timing elements. I suspect this is what Relax.MX ran into, and you have not yet.

You may end up still disagreeing, but I'm just saying I think I read something specific about the end part not being as good.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You know what game owns? PixelJunk Eden. It's an awesome game but only 2 of my 116 Steam friends own it. It's a 4 year old port and it hasn't had a big sale yet, but still...

Anyways, first to quote this gets a copy of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom