• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

I'm getting hit by more blue shells while in 2nd place than in first :(

Edit: Linsanity is killing me right now :)

Edit2: What in the world happened on RR?

Risgroo

Communication error :( Oh well, I'll just go to bed before I snap my 3ds in two, haha. Frustration aside, it was fun playing with you guys, and with some practice I should be able to be somewhat competitive. Still, my confidence is shattered, as I thought I was pretty good at Mario Kart :/

Prinny

But Prinnies are supposed to be demon penguins!

The next MK should have playable penguin (the one from mario 64).

Edit: I'll go eat, I'll come back later.

Bullza2o

So I had a conversation about MK7 with my friends recently. They said that the game mechanics are flawed, because now each race is all based on luck. They said they should put snaking back into Mario Kart. Personally while I had fun playing MKDS in the past, I did not find snaking make the game more enjoyable. I did not use it much due to fear of damaging my dpad. What are your thoughts?

I'm still hanging around if anyone up for a round. I'm infinitely easier to beat than Prinny if it helps...
So I had a conversation about MK7 with my friends recently. They said that the game mechanics are flawed, because now each race is all based on luck. They said they should put snaking back into Mario Kart. Personally while I had fun playing MKDS in the past, I did not find snaking make the game more enjoyable. I did not use it much due to fear of damaging my dpad. What are your thoughts?
If all racers are equal skill then items will determine the winner and even that balances out if you play enough cups. Every item is defendable and I really haven't found that they help low level players beat high level players. Just the fact that you can get mushrooms while in first fairly often makes the game a lot more balanced than MKWii.
We got a tie last time. We are equals in skill!
Whatever. If you actually raced all the time instead of playing around so much I would never beat you and we both know that :p
You just have to use your dark side!
Give it up. I may falter from time to time but you won't turn me!

Bullza2o

If all racers are equal skill then items will determine the winner and even that balances out if you play enough cups. Every item is defendable and I really haven't found that they help low level players beat high level players. Just the fact that you can get mushrooms while in first fairly often makes the game a lot more balanced than MKWii.
I agree. I'm ~4200 VR, and whenever I see a 12000+VR player come along he finishes 1st most of the time. Would you guys want snaking to return though?

I agree. I'm ~4200 VR, and whenever I see a 12000+VR player come along he finishes 1st most of the time. Would you guys want snaking to return though?
I thought snaking is in MK7 but it's just nerfed so it's not as overpowered as in MKDS. That was the issue that most people had with it before was that it just overwhelmed every other strategy.

Prinny

Snaking prevent jumping in straight line, that's not fun.

Edit: I can't join you Greg, full room 3 races in a row! 4 now...

Bullza2o

I thought snaking is in MK7 but it's just nerfed so it's not as overpowered as in MKDS. That was the issue that most people had with it before was that it just overwhelmed every other strategy.
Ah yes, you're correct. Are there actual strategies for this game that requires skill, other than drfiting, shortcuts, etc?

I never thought that it was fun and I always wondered why people thought it was worth doing it to win in MKDS. People have issues.
Ah yes, you're correct. Are there actual strategies for this game that requires skill, other than drfiting, shortcuts, etc?
Aside from shortcuts the tracks have different surfaces that play into strategies. There's know when and where to use certain items and the gliders bring in a whole new way to approach some of the tracks too. If snaking existed just like in MKDS no one would both with any of that stuff.

Edit: How could I forget about the coins. People love's beating them out of you which is another great strategy.

Coins are the most notable skill-based addition other than drifting and shortcuts, but knowing how and when to drift, how and when to use items, and how and when to take shortcuts is still the bread and butter of Mario Kart 7.

I hate mirror mode so much. I don't know how I won.
I'm getting used to them now, it's pretty much all you see once you get into the 3500-4000 VR range.

I need to do something about my defense though, one item hit and I go from 1st or 2nd to last. I just can't get the timing on the recovery boost even after all this time (and all those hits).

Top Bottom