• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll offer a hand to Bowser for the draft pick if he needs it.

Although, I don't think it's that hard to find the letters "D O N T A R I P O E" on your keyboard.

TheFatOne

Patriots are going to sign Mario Williams, and a stud receiver this off season. 19-0 next season confirmed. Every year I get excited about the possibility that the Pats will sign a big name free agent, and then at some point I remember that Belichick is running the team. The only person I can see the Pats signing is Brandon Lloyd.

Ænima

Brees apparently isn't too happy about being tagged.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17605176

[Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal. If a deal isn't struck, Brees must sign the franchise tag deal or hold out.

Ænima;35763074 said:
Brees apparently isn't too happy about being tagged.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17605176

Saints* are falling apart and will revert back to their Aints form within two years.

The Falcons can't score more than two points (and that was two points given to them).

And Freeman is too busy carrying his own weight to carry the Bucs anywhere.

The NFC South is ours. This next season is simply a coronation.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Saints* are falling apart and will revert back to their Aints form within two years.

The Falcons can't score more than two points (and that was two points given to them).

First ever 6-10 division champion!

Ænima

Agreed on all points. Also the Skins will dominate the NFC East with our QB depth chart being:

1) Peyton
2) Brees
3) RGIII

Ænima;35763659 said:
Agreed on all points. Also the Skins will dominate the NFC East with our QB depth chart being:

1) Peyton
2) Brees
3) RGIII

We're trading up for RGIII.

We're going to have the first NFL roster with only black quarterbacks in the history of the world.

QB-Newton

RB1-RGIII
RB2-Vick

WR1-Armanti Edwards
WR2-Troy Smith
WR3-Tavaris Jackson
WR4-Josh Johnson

TE1-Vince Young
TE2-Pat White

Entire Offensive Line-Josh Freeman

Defensive Line-Donovan McNabb, Jamarcus Russell
Linebackers-Jason Campbell, David Garrard, Jordan Jefferson
Cornerbacks- The same as the wide receivers + Terrelle Pryor and Denard Robinson( I don't even think he's coming out this year, but oh well)

Kicker-Charlie Batch
Punter-We will never punt, so no need for a punter.

Bah, foiled again.

Seriously though the Bucs pick is going to be pretty easy. Now if we are doing second and third round it would get a little difficult.

Patriots are going to sign Mario Williams, and a stud receiver this off season. 19-0 next season confirmed. Every year I get excited about the possibility that the Pats will sign a big name free agent, and then at some point I remember that Belichick is running the team. The only person I can see the Pats signing is Brandon Lloyd.

This year it will be different!

Or not.

eznark

Banned
Brees will sign. His entire image (thus is marketability) is based on being this selfless holier-than-thou douchebag. He can't show his true colors by holding out.

Plus, the Saints are going to be straight FMT-style shit on by the league. They'll probably be over a barrel to sign Brees just to get some positive PR.

Basically this is a negotiation in which neither side has any leverage.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Seems like her father was one of the 4 guys who actually mated with a woman and not a bear in Wisconsin.
c7UJhl.png

I'm really not surprised that a scumbag team like the 'aints would place a cheap shot on Warner like the classless douchebags they are. FMT's game winning post against the 'aints is flowing through my head brilliantly.

squicken

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/gregg_williams_wasnt_alone_in.html

Payton has yet to address the situation publicly. He's gone underground since the league released its findings Friday.

A person familiar with the investigation says Payton appears to be stealing a page from the CIA's Watergate gameplan: "Admit nothing. Deny everything. Launch counter-accusations."

In its release Friday, the NFL said Payton "was not a direct participant in the funding or administration of the program," but said "he was aware of the allegations, did not make any detailed inquiry or otherwise seek to learn the facts, and failed to stop the bounty program. He never instructed his assistant coaches or players that a bounty program was improper and could not continue."

League detectives reportedly uncovered incriminating emails from Payton to friend and business associate Mike Ornstein with extensive details of the bounty system. In fact, Ornstein reportedly offered a $5,000 bounty for a quarterback scalp in one of the emails late last season.

That Ornstein is still associated with the Saints is, in itself, disturbing. He's a twice-convicted felon who once defrauded the NFL of $350,000. He's kryptonite in league circles and NFL officials have long frowned on his cozy relationship with the Saints. Yet, team officials foolishly have allowed him to enmesh himself in the organization. He's not listed in the team media guide but he wears Saints-issued gear around the facility and has team-approved sideline passes to games.

Ornstein was the guy Payton was trying to get to handle his movie deal. It's been clear that Payton is using his media contacts to portray Williams as some lone wolf who Payton gave total autonomy to on defense.

With Spygate, it's funny that the league burned all the evidence of best buddy Kraft's shenanigans, but is writing up thousands of pages of evidence on the Saints. They are even letting the investigation sprawl out to other teams (as long as those teams aren't on the cool kids table). Williams will get a huge suspension, but so should Payton

bionic77

Am the only one that likes that the Saints are a dirty cheap team? Not every team is going to be like the Giants with a 30 year old virgin as their franchise qb. I like having villains in the league, it makes things so much more fun. Whether it be the Pats spying or praying to Satan, the Packers roiding up their D, or the Raiders doing their thing. If I was a Saints fan I would put my crack pipe down and go to the Internet and embrace my team being the bad guy. They already have the colors for it.

Seeing Ryan Clark be the latest Steelers to say something stupid I think we can all agree that Tomlin trusting the vets is not working. Tomlin is relying too much on his good looks and needs to take a page out of Tom Coughlin's playbook. No sex for the Qb and treat everyone like they are in 3rd grade (which is appropriate because that is the level most of these guys read at). In fact maybe Tomlin should make a super team of born again virgins and we would be unstoppable.

squicken

Not gambling but it is a clear violation of the salary cap. But it seems like every team has some sort of system that, while not rewarding kill shots, does reward stuff like INTs and downed kicks. Gonna be hard to sanction anyone on that.

I sort of think the Bungles are going to be very interested in Trent Richardson, and I wonder how aggressive they'll be in moving up. I don't think Lewis is all that good of a coach, and have doubts about Dalton, but for as cheap as he is, Mike Brown has assembled some good talent there

bionic77

I figured you would be a gun nut like Harrison?

Besides Harrison is a good guy. The clear definition of a bad guy is someone who hurts someone for a bounty. Harrison would wreck a qb or defenseless receiver for free and needs no extra motivation thus he is a good guy.

Besides Harrison is a good guy. The clear definition of a bad guy is someone who hurts someone for a bounty. Harrison would wreck a qb or defenseless receiver for free and needs no extra motivation thus he is a good guy.

But he frowns upon pissing on people or those who might enjoy being pissed on. Don't judge people mr. Harrison lest you be judged!

I'm really not surprised that a scumbag team like the 'aints would place a cheap shot on Warner like the classless douchebags they are. FMT's game winning post against the 'aints is flowing through my head brilliantly.

When do you want to deliberate on our draft picks? I think Deacon said the draft is tomorrow? Also, did we all agree on how many rounds it will be?

I sort of think the Bungles are going to be very interested in Trent Richardson, and I wonder how aggressive they'll be in moving up. I don't think Lewis is all that good of a coach, and have doubts about Dalton, but for as cheap as he is, Mike Brown has assembled some good talent there

Agree on their interest in Richardson. There are many Card fans that want to leverage that to get us back into the second round if he's still there at 13.

When do you want to deliberate on our draft picks? I think Deacon said the draft is tomorrow? Also, did we all agree on how many rounds it will be?

Agree on their interest in Richardson. There are many Card fans that want to leverage that to get us back into the second round if he's still there at 13.

The draft is tomorrow? Damn, I had no idea. Let the deliberation begin!

squicken

If there's a consistent thing I've heard about this year's depth, is that there's a falloff after 5-6, depending on what you think of Blackmon. But with RBs these days, how far does he fall? I think at #6 is where teams might be interested in moving up for him, and I'd LOVE if the Rams moved back to #6 and then back again. They have sooo many holes and need as many picks as they can get.

I understand you always want the elite players, but the only guy they need is Kalil, and there's just no way to trade down and still get him. And they've flat out said they are trading down. So unless they love Claiborn and deal with the Browns, they might as well drop to the middle of the first and stock up on picks

eznark

Banned
Not gambling but it is a clear violation of the salary cap. But it seems like every team has some sort of system that, while not rewarding kill shots, does reward stuff like INTs and downed kicks. Gonna be hard to sanction anyone on that.

Most of those incentives are either small enough as to be kangaroo court stuff or specifically outlined and reported as part of compensation packages. If the awards are over $3000 they are reportable and most teams (unlike the Saints) are well aware that the IRS most certainly does give a shit, and that they employ morons who run their mouths.

I'm a gun aficionado, not a nut.

This bounty thing is getting a ton of air time. There's such a fine line apparently. But I'll use Mendy and his loudmouth stupidity as an example.

Before a game in his rookie season, Mendy tweeted that the Ravens D was shit and he was gonna run all over them. On like his 3rd carry of the game, Ray Lewis broke his shoulder and he was done for the year.

Assume the following ensued prior to the game:
TSizzle: Yo, Ray, did you see that shit Mendy tweeted?
Ray: Fucker's a dumbass. I'm gonna fuck him up.
TSizzle: Yeah?
Ray: Yeah.
TSizzle: Yeah?
Ray: Yeah.
TSizzle: You think?
Ray gives TSizzle "the stare."
TSizzle: Tell you what, you fuck him up, I take you anywhere in the world for dinner. Any-fucking-where. I'll charter us a plane, champagne on the ride, steaks and the whole shit.
Ray: All right.

This, I'm assuming, is okay.

Now, if Chuck Pagano or whoever the DC is comes in and hears this and says:
DC: Ray, I heard you and TSizzle. Tell you what. I'll sweeten the deal. You take that loudmouth bastard outta the game, I'll give you $1000. You knock him out for the season, I'll give you $5000. You end that fucker's career for shitting on our D, I'll give you $50,000.

This is not ok.

Sorta like you and a buddy at a bar and he says, "See that chick at the bar? Bang her tonight and I'll buy you dinner tomorrow" vs. your employer saying "See that chick at the bar? She's with the competition. Get her drunk, bang her for all I care, but make sure she's late to the meeting tomorrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom