• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

Nilaul

Technically, we don't even know that. That could have just been PR speak.

Well on the positive side, she might come included in the package:
39_EmmaWatson-340_433.jpg

Lausebub

Banned
I'm still a bit sceptic, at this point, after the long drough of news, I feel like I can survive another 3 months without anything new being revealed. Some small hints and intersting rumor will be enough to keep the hype up. And this thread, obviously. :)

I'm ready for this:

pbgfl.png

HylianTom

Banned
And the place they posted this on, was the IGN boards? That doesn't help their case.

Yeah.. I've heard NeoGAF described in none-too-flattering terms, but this place looks and reads like the Hilton next to that roach motel of a forum.

Neiteio

Change circle pads to analog sticks, and make sure there's an R1/R2 and L1/L2 on the shoulders. Make Pikmin 3 a launch title. Sold!

Luigison

It's pretty said when a goal of the old thread was to reach a post count and get it closed. The speculation that should have been about the Wii U had turned into speculation about how/when the thread will close.

On topic:

• I speculate that Nintendo could add a "sensor bar" or IR camera to the back of the Wii U controller or have some other method to connect its orientation to the Wii U for tracking. This may already be possible with the gyro, magnetic field detector, etc. If a "sensor bar" and camera on the back of the controller players could use two controllers and interact with each other without a TV.

• They could also add an IR or standard camera to the TV sensor bar to interact with the Wii U controller or IR glasses. Such a camera may even be able to see if you people in the room are looking at the screen. If you haven't already seen it please checkout Johnny Lee's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

What, if anything, was reveal from the patent(s)? Are other patent possible forthcoming?

HylianTom

Banned
I wonder what developers come up with next when asked why they don't develop for a Nintendo console.

Hey.. that's my line! I'm the official thread third-party-grouch! :p

"Reggie farted in the elevator ten years ago, and so we won't be developing for the U."

zroid

Banned
Gonna get in on this hot, steamy, speculative action from the beginning this time. Too hard to jump into huge ass threads later in the game >.<

Just responding to something from the last thread (this train is too fast for me!):

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Those endings were done by Nintendo's Takaya Imamura. The same guy who created the F-Zero and Star Fox universe.

I had no idea that the F-Zero and Star Fox universes were both from the same guy. Cool!
Now they just need to put him in charge of the story for the next Metroid game (and I say that as someone who has the utmost respect for Yoshio Sakamoto).

Oh, and Cow Mendge, you should definitely check Star Fox Command out. It's not a traditional Star Fox game, but it's worth playing if you enjoy the characters and the ongoing storyline of the Star Fox series.

Holy shit! Didn't see that. :) :)

Now we just need the circle pads changed to analog sticks.
and the triggers to be made into analog triggers (though there was a rumour I think from BGassassin saying that it may have been updated), and yes, then the controller will be set.

Author of that NintendoEnthusiast interview responds:
nintendoenthusiast author said:
let me start off by saying that I did not read the gaf thread on this until I saw them linking back to the article today and then saw them claiming I summarized it from the thread. I STILL haven't found time today to read through that thread so I have no clue to what it says.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/an-industry-exclusive-look-into-the-wii-u.250088032/

he claims he didn't have time to read the GAF thread, but check the source of the article that came before that "peek into the industry" article that was posted in the last thread.
http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/rumour-nintendo-tweaking-wii-u-for-unreal-engine-4-compatability/

Neiteio

and the triggers to be made into analog triggers (though there was a rumour I think from BGassassin saying that it may have been updated), and yes, then the controller will be set.
The analog sticks need digital click, too, to be compatible with games/franchises that use L3 and R3.

HylianTom

Banned
It hurts. And afterwards, probably another half a year until release. But there's at least going to be a steady flow of information and Nintendos hype machine from E3 on.

True. I'm gonna try to use this time to "check some boxes" in my life and my backlog before time runs out and Launch Day is upon us.

The analog sticks need digital click, too, to be compatible with games/franchises that use L3 nd R3.
lol I agree 100%, but pre-warning, every time I've mentioned that there have been people arguing that click sticks suck and aren't needed. Goddamn wii fanboys.

GUEK DEMS ARE WARNING SHOTS SON.

Top Bottom