• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chief magazine covering GTA V next week with no new screenshots or details

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks to Daeda and Kabouter for finding/translating this.

Tweet:
Paraphrase: The first GTA V cover in the world.

Cover statements:
"The mystery solved"
"The first pictures"
"Los Santos already mapped"
"Who will be the new Niko Bellic?"

AombTVNCMAAexPy.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/ChiefRedactie/status/182848016292655105/photo/1

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I wonder why they gave exclusivity to a Dutch mag. Not that I'm complaining, bring on the screenshots and info blowout!

confused

Banned
Worldwide exclusive for a dutch magazine ? We're getting pics from the trailer and some standard information like "It will be bigger, better, badder than GTA 4"

Chief ain't a high-standing mag, even in Holland. If it were PU, maybe I would've believed it would be more.

They used to give Chef away for free at Bart Smit when you bought a game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I don't want to get my hopes up, with it being so close to April Fools.

But my body is willing, and ready.

I would be surprised if there's something published that we don't already know.
I bought the mag once and it was kinda meh, tbh. I cannot be compared to quality mags like EDGE or Games tm etc....well at least in my eyes, it just adds nothing.

Steven ( a former journalist of dutch mag Power Unlimited ) joined Chief recently and he's a very capable journalist.( I was kinda dumbstruck that Steven made this move, but then again Power Unlimited seems to focus itself on children in elementary school ). Maybe he is capable to improve the overall quality of the mag.

Dabanton

Hmmm if this is true the game must be on target for this year while were here i saw this post on now gamer not worth making a new thread and of course pinches of salt on the content.

GTA 5: Drugs, Gangs, Customisation, Release Date, Multiplayer - 'Insider' Rumours

Tom Hopkins

Big GTA 5 gameplay claims made by alleged former Rockstar employee.

Published on Mar 22, 2012

GTA 5 will include drug use, multiplayer gangs, weapon and vehicle customisation and is targeting a May 2013 release date, according to a poster on a now-deleted GameSpot forum thread.

The poster, who claims to know an ex-Rockstar North employee, refers to Grand Theft Auto 5's protagonist as the previously rumoured Albert De Silva, and mentions another early character rumour - a console-playing son called Kevin De Silva.

Newer rumours include 32-player MP modes on console with online gangs vying for reputation and territory across various heists and modes in Los Santos.

Planes will supposedly be flyable, players will be able to add minor additions to weapons and cars (such as suppressors or Nitrous boost) and the game will launch in May 2013 following a demo at E3 2012 - acoording to the post.

Gunfights are said to be more realistic, with a broader more varied range of police measures across wanted ratings - drug use is also rumoured to be included, harking back to previous games such as GTA: San Andreas.

It all sounds wildly speculative to us, and definitely to be regarded as completely unsubstantiated rumours - although some of the mentions have cropped before.

We'll drop Rockstar a line, but don't hold your breath.

Jasoneyu

We already forgot how terrible GTA4 was?

It wasn't terrible, it just didn't connect with me like the other games in the series. Also the damn friends calling you all the time to chill, i mean you can skip them but you lose out on certain perks :(.

Dabanton

It wasn't terrible, it just didn't connect with me like the other games in the series. Also the damn friends calling you all the time to chill, i mean you can skip them but you lose out on certain perks :(.

Play the expansions all those annoyances are gone.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Can't wait.

dafuq? What didn't you like about GTA IV? The fact that it wasn't SA?

I'm guessing people feel that way because it wasn't as "zany" as the previous games. But I forgot all about that with Gay Tony.

GTA IV was awful? Some of you guys have set your standards way too stupidly high.

It's a poor game with high production values.

Reasoning:

- Terrible cover system
- Last gen checkpoint/save system
- Cars/bikes handle poorly
- Tedious map traversal
- Tedious accrual of weaponry
- Map terrain too congested
- Map terrain not varied enough

If anyone would like to refute the above claims, have at it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Chief's decent. I believe they had some of the first Mass Effect 3 coverage as well so I'm fairly sure this is legit and will contain new info.

Top Bottom