• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

RedSwirl

360/PC/PS3

KfeBo.jpg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Request.

If someone could make a Flatout: Unbounded cover art for 360 id be super grateful.
This is the first request ive ever had, if i was good with photshop ida done it myself, but i suck.

Here is one someone already posted on GAF
flatout4.jpg

If anyone wants to make some vita covers, Id like Rayman Origins, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Hot Shots Gold, Lumines, and MLB 2012.

I love the clean look these have, Ill be using quite a few of them.

firebird06

Neo Member
I would be impressed if someone could make covers for the Dance Central games. I am having no such luck finding suitable resources, but maybe someone else can.

RedSwirl

PS3
3tcK7.png

PS3/360/PC/(I'll do Vita and 3DS covers when we have the proper templates)
OjZ6j.png

I also have Vanquish and Uncharted 2 if anybody wants them, but they were very quick jobs and are basically just clean versions of the official covers.

noiseman

Neo Member
If at all possible I wouldn't mind having someone show me how to produce these so thereare more contributors.

There are blank templates for Photoshop on the first page with the official logos and borders already separated into layers to play with. They are already the right size and everything so just save as a jpeg when you are done and then share them with us through some image host like mediafire. As for the sexy 3d box look, Rengoku made some amazing scripts to automagically convert your jpegs to this 3d style. You need PS for these scripts too. They are in the OP as well.

Good luck, exciting to see more new contributors. Hope that helped, im new too and am learning as i go!

Alright, here is my first stab at a custom cover with Darksiders. By no means is it anything fancy.

darksiders3601.png

The art I used came from this deviantart page: http://marioluevanos.deviantart.com/art/Darksiders-War-144244800

I will gladly take any criticism and knowledge you wish to share!

The left (back) side shouldn't be completely black. There should be something there. As for the front side, you should try to put the title somewhere. Front covers without titles on them always feel weird to me. Besides that, pretty awesome; though it's missing some PS3 love. :)

firebird06

Neo Member
Alright, I think I've found a good image for the Watcher, and I have created a PS3 version as well.

EDIT: Credit for the watcher image goes here

darksiders360.png

darksidersps3.png

Hope these will suit some of you apocalypse-traversers well!

Mrninjaman

Neo Member
I love the artwork on these, and awesome job, hard to believe it's your first one.

One comment that might just be a matter of taste, I think that where the front and back panel meet is a little, abrupt (can't think of the word) maybe extend the front panel onto the back a little more and then blend the covers together somehow on the back panel?

Again nice job regardless and can't wait to see what else you come up with.

That's pretty awesome. Think you can do a another with Uriel on the back cover instead of The Watcher? Needs more chicks. ;)

edit: you forgot the title on the side of the 360 cover.

firebird06

Neo Member
One comment that might just be a matter of taste, I think that where the front and back panel meet is a little, abrupt (can't think of the word) maybe extend the front panel onto the back a little more and then blend the covers together somehow on the back panel?

Indeed, it is awfully abrupt. My first thought is to try and play with transparency settings. We'll see it what I can work with.

That's pretty awesome. Think you can do a another with Uriel on the back cover instead of The Watcher? Needs more chicks. ;)

edit: you forgot the title on the side of the 360 cover.

Indeed, I did forget it! You'll find the image is now fixed.

As for Uriel, it's a possibility, but it seems to me that the Watcher is a better fit because he is constantly a thorn in War's side. A "need for chicks" should never determine a choice in art.

Embryon

Neo Member
Everyone here did so wonderful covers that I just wanted to try and contribute! It's my first work like this and I think it came out alright. Please let me know what you think as I might do more of these, especially for RPGs but it depends on the art I find.

Atelier Totori:

(Pretty cover)

Download (Mediafire)

I love this! Any chance of a complimentary cover for Atelier Meruru? :D

Nizz

I'm looking a for Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Cover with the PS3 SLIM branding on it and I'm having a real hard time finding a downloadable version of it. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

modernwarfarec.jpg
I've tried in vain to find a downloadable version of this cover. :( Is there anyone, anyone out there who could help me out?

Aselleus

Neo Member
I'm new to the forums so I hope I'm not being rude or anything! *panic attack*

I wish to contribute a sort of parody custom cover for Demon Souls I made.

I've tried in vain to find a downloadable version of this cover. :( Is there anyone, anyone out there who could help me out?

I couldn't wait any longer and just went ahead and slopped up a version for myself in MS PAINT a few months ago.

It's incredibly crude and stretched out, and made from an Xbox 360 Template, but it serves it's purpose for me. (The Ps3 spine size even matches that of real covers so that's a bonus)

Hopefully it can do the same for you.

http://www.2shared.com/photo/HamDiv6r/fullcod4.html

Aselleus

Neo Member
Thanks peoples! :> I was thinking of doing one for Dark Souls too.

@SammyCyborg

I drew and colored the characters myself, I found the font online.

Thanks peoples! :> I was thinking of doing one for Dark Souls too.

@SammyCyborg

I drew and colored the characters myself, I found the font online.
Wowie, well I love your interpretations. The characters are so expressive. With that question answered, I was going to ask if a Dark Souls one was in the works. I'm happy you are considering it. :D

Oh whoa that's absolutely stunning and nice work, if I ever get Demon Souls I will be using this!

I love this! Any chance of a complimentary cover for Atelier Meruru? :D

I'm glad you like it! :D And yeah I think I will make a Meruru one along with a version of Rorona to complete the bunch though I can't promise it will be exactly the same style as this always depends on the artwork I find.

Alright I finished my new covers, the Meruru one isn't too perfect sadly as it was hard to find nice images though Rorona had nice ones so there are two versions:

Atelier Rorona v1:

vHBDt.png

Download (Abload)

Atelier Rorona v2:

XfkuH.png

Download (Abload)

Atelier Meruru:

RJqaL.png

Download (Abload)

Girsej

Some new, only had the time and motivation to finish for Ps3. Not the most popular games, although Majin was really nice. I needed to do these to have a complete collection ;D

kitsunisan

Neo Member

The download link doesn't work, it was deleted for violating terms of service. Could you upload this somewhere else?

Alastor

Anyone willing to try doing a cover for PC Oddbox (Oddworld Collection)? I have a retail version from a magazine and a separate box for it would be great.

I found this one:

But it's front only, so I started messing with it... but I have no idea how to do a good back cover and I also think the proportions - for a standard PC DVD box - are messed up :\

Skyfireblaze, the covers are lovely. I appreciate the time you took to make them. They look great on my shelf. :D

I don't really do all that much with them other than putting them together but I'm happy and glad that you like them and that they look nice printed out aswell :D

Top Bottom