• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Kinect was worked on by 10 teams, 200+ people

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I found this fascinating.

starwarskinect2z3dq6.png

Source: http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamnjoseph

starwarskinectxbias.png

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/supererogatory

BY2K

Membero Americo
Imagine the number it will take to make that AAAA game.

Spark Unlimited? Aren't those the guys being rumoured to be making Battlefront 3?

Could it be a coincidence or...?

tranciful

Doesn't surprise me. Microsoft probably said "make it work, at any cost" after it had been getting all the hate.

I could imagine that most of those people are 9-to-5 type individuals who just sees it as a job.

most of the outstanding games we all love, are done by people who sacrifice personal time because they care more about the game than other stuff like their families or health. they sacrificed... for us.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Isn't this the sort of shit that tanked the games industry 30 years ago?

This game is going to put up insane numbers, it will be pure shit and then.........

EVERY1 STOPS BYING VIDYAEGAMEZ!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yup. They could make a new JK game with a fraction of this game's cost. Fuck, I'd "settle" for an HD remake that would get the Jedi Academy multiplayer active again. It's still my favorite online game of all time.

LucasArts is currently internally making an action/adventure game, an open world RPG, and an FPS, which are all believed to be Star Wars related.

The first could conceivably be Jedi Knight.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
200 people working on Star Wars Kinect.

Darth Vader dances with pop song covers in the background.

RPGCrazied

Sad. Just think of the game, if it was serious? Like a Knights of the Old Republic type game. I want another open world rpg in the star wars universe! Fucking love that game. And don't suggest the new MMO. :p

Emitan

LucasArts is currently internally making an action/adventure game, an open world RPG, and an FPS, which are all believed to be Star Wars related.

The first could conceivably be Jedi Knight.

I wasn't aware of the action/adventure game, but I was aware of the others. My expectations are set low, but at least there's hope now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Vindication will lie solely in its sales figures. I can't see it being a 'good' game.

What vindication? The game is good for fans but that's about it. Kids too.

It will likely sell but that doesn't vindicate anything. It justifies the making of it but there is hardly anything redeeming from my perspective opinion.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I could imagine that most of those people are 9-to-5 type individuals who just sees it as a job.

most of the outstanding games we all love, are done by people who sacrifice personal time because they care more about the game than other stuff like their families or health. they sacrificed... for us.

Most people are saying the game is fun to play with their babby. I don't think it's really a personal dedication thing.

I'm not woman from Ar who had chirlden, but if you have babby and don't want to bring it back to New York to rest maybe you play this game with it

Also, on sales: what did Disneyland kinect sell?

Emitan

What vindication? The game is good for fans but that's about it. Kids too.

It will likely sell but that doesn't vindicate anything. It justifies the making of it but there is hardly anything redeeming from my perspective opinion.

Good for fans? No. Good for kids? Yeah. Game is gonna sell a shitload.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Good for fans? No. Good for kids? Yeah. Game is gonna sell a shitload.

Fans and kids, sure. Maybe less the rabid fan but the enthusiast, of course they will buy. It looks like garbage but it selling doesn't justify any means other than the cash in. I'm more or less commenting from a critical standpoint.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How the hell doesn't George Lucas stop this travesty from happening? Does he care that little about the reputation of his franchise? This game looks absolutely terrible in every way.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doesn't kinect only support 2 people? So two of them aren't even really doing anything?

Top Bottom