• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

6886241752_29e6b42368_b.jpg

Wow! I think I may try getting one of these bags at some point. It looks quite comfy.

Apdiddy

First time pickups post, this is what I got in March.....

V7KUU.jpg

Not pictured: Journey, Rayman 3 HD, Resident Evil 4 HD & Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD

Jhriad

How did you get them for $65?

SSX is $30 in their ad, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is $15 w/ the coupon in Best Buy's magazine Gamer (which you can purchase in the store and use the coupon(s) on the same transaction), and I had them price match Gamestop's weekly ad on Grand Theft Auto Complete for $20.

nny

It's April already? Damn...pick-up update:

Found some Gos for cheap (50€), so...
DSC07640.jpg

..I got the color I was missing:
DSC07643.jpg

DSC07704.jpg

DSC07703.jpg

DSC07705.jpg

DSC07636.jpg

Vinyl of one of my favorite albums ever (Ornatos Violeta - O Monstro Precisa de Amigos):
DSC07635.jpg

PSN:
DSC07639.jpg

DSC07694.jpg

VROOOM:
DSC07696.jpg

LEGO!
DSC07683.jpg

DSC07697.jpg

DSC07684.jpg
DSC07638.jpg

The Boat

I think the one i bought is actually the French version (at least its written in french).

The one i had as a kid, was the japanese version with a megakey 2 i think!
Mine has the manual in French, but the game was in Japanese. Didn't know there was a translated version.
Because Spanish and French Dragonball fan phenomenon, the same reason we get Dragon Ball, Ranma SNES games, Saint Seiya PS2/PS3 games, Shin-Chan DS or so.

It always amazes me how big anime is in Spain and France.

nny

I think the one i bought is actually the French version (at least its written in french).

The one i had as a kid, was the japanese version with a megakey 2 i think!

Mine has the manual in French, but the game was in Japanese. Didn't know there was a translated version.

I just searched for mine, and it has a Japanese manual. Easiest localization ever!

03-30-2012.jpg

Picked up Dark Souls, Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends and Jak and Daxter: HD Collection for the PS3. Bought this lot thanks to the Amazon Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal they had going on.

JEKKI

noooooooo~!!! my keychain broke!! ;_;

so I bought a new one!!

e13c45467b9311e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

also got this DELICIOUS ramen from tsujita!!

ceeb4e607b7e11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

oishi!!

chiQ

Eight spot Docs, some Threadless gear (not all pictured), and season 5 of Dr Who. I also got four brand new Hankook Optimo tyres for free (fitted) from the dealer who sold me my new car last month. The ones that came with the car were munted, so they agreed to replace them with new ones.

Dibbz

i5 2500k
EVGA 560ti 448
8GB RAM

7020737197_ab2a34b452_b.jpg

7038456877_d26d3eef3f_c.jpg

Plus Arma 2, Portal 2 and Hitman Blood Money on Steam.

God I'm in love with PC Gaming yet again.

I've been sitting on some movies...

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

I haven't had the chance to really watch them since...

..We FINALLY moved into our new house!

DSC_0414.jpg

Yeah, it's been a VERY long wait since it's a new build. We bought everything...All Samsung appliances...

DSC_0424.jpg

Including steam washer and dryer (not pictured).

Funature all from Urban Barn (main floor and bedroom)...

DSC_0417.jpg

We are still unpacking, and I'm dead tired from moving, unpacking and assembling everything. I can't complain since it's our first house and we're off to a good start. I've fished wires, hung pictures and tv's. Setup the home network (I've scanned the area and I'm the only one with a wireless setup HAHA...

Kaibutsu

Sorry for the crappy pics, using my phone's camera

Stuff I picked up in March

4WmmZ.jpg

Decided to re-buy the originals instead of the abomination that is the "HD" collection release

vdX5c.jpg

Fljnf.jpg

PS Vita Hori gamecard case, not the games

P5EAQ.jpg

360 copy of the Mass Effect 2 LE

8oFug.jpg

TfNRB.jpg

Figures out of the box, both swords were broken though, superglue is your friend unless it ends up on your skin

kCBoph.jpg

PS Vita Hori hard case

8UQLG.jpg

IEObeh.jpg

Surprised that there are still unopened copies of Fatal Frame out there and cheap too!

6H2F1h.jpg

HNtAR.jpg

autograph & Greir sketch!

KOLwW.jpg

New Stuff as of 11 April

2GfyDh.jpg

Picked up Twisted Metal for $39 this week via Best Buy's ad. Had to go to 4 different stores to find a copy of the LE though :/ Also was able to score a copy of the Xenoblade Gamestop exclusive artbook. Went to a Gamestop asked if they had any and the guy gave me one. I was shocked and for the first time can say that gamestop is pretty damn awesome!

6JrlL.jpg

Purchased the final two boxes of Fist of the North Star during a sale at Rightstuf

dv8Xq.jpg

A nice new rosewood box to store my chess pieces

MnC6w.jpg

7wIdS.jpg

I couldn't resist picking up the R2 Xbox, I now have three xbox 360s though....

FJNQwh.jpg

I'm addicted to these stupid Kid Icarus AR cards, enough so that I'll pick up crappy magazines!

6T3Kg.jpg

aArBC.jpg

tNj4R.jpg

imo the best tasting gummy bears out there

InpyV.jpg

New Stuff 4/18/12

FvYSl.jpg

Cut back my comic collecting but still picked up a couple

wORuP.jpg

The Bitcher 2 Dark Edition! Look who's a whoreson again!

byRLX.jpg

Traded in my 03 WRX at 99k miles not a single issue since the day I purchased it except for a dead battery one morning. I kept it completely stock.

AX5f7.jpg

Picked up an Impreza 2.5i I am getting older and loving it. 87 Octane and satellite radio can’t complain.

t4fu2.jpg

Shadow780

Official FFVIIAC Long Pillow, huggy huggy <3 <3

fTw8Tl.jpg

zyRtNl.jpg

Tumblers

rqCcGl.jpg

I believe this is a prize for winning the FF Trading Card tournament in Japan, signed by Lord Nomura, Tifa <3<3

fzg2Bl.jpg

QP3

I've been sitting on some movies...

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

I haven't had the chance to really watch them since...

DSC_0414.jpg

Yeah, it's been a VERY long wait since it's a new build. We bought everything...All Samsung appliances...

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

We are still unpacking, and I'm dead tired from moving, unpacking and assembling everything. I can't complain since it's our first house and we're off to a good start. I've fished wires, hung pictures and tv's. Setup the home network (I've scanned the area and I'm the only one with a wireless setup HAHA...

Wow, congrats on the new house, that place looks great!

XNarte

Got these cool Phantom Hourglass figures this weekend.
2012-03-31220713.jpg

I got some games as well but I have to wait until I get home to take some pics.

guest1321

How are these ? cause I'm going thinking to buy those

I've got a pair (first year they were released so I don't know how much they have changed the design) but I can't say I was overly impressed. From a build quality standpoint they seemed fragile (ear pads falling off, bits of black on the headband chipping away), and believe me, I was extremely gentle on them. The sound was good but not $300 good. I would recommend looking in the headphone thread on GAF and looking for a set of cans that expensive and of better quality or spend less on the same sound quality.

Digishine

Banned
I've got a pair (first year they were released so I don't know how much they have changed the design) but I can't say I was overly impressed. From a build quality standpoint they seemed fragile (ear pads falling off, bits of black on the headband chipping away), and believe me, I was extremely gentle on them. The sound was good but not $300 good. I would recommend looking in the headphone thread on GAF and looking for a set of cans that expensive and of better quality or spend less on the same sound quality.

hmm good to know.

Kaibutsu

Yeah I hear people say the sound quality isn't good but compared to the only two other noise cancelling headphones I've used in the past, the JVC HANC250 Noise Cancelling Headphones & the older Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones, I think they are superior. A lot of people don't like the bass in the Beats but I don't think it's overpowering. Imo the highs and the mids are also very good but I guess to each his own. Also imo the build quality is very good, I don't know if this was improved on or not but they are very sturdy, the ear cups are comfortable and don't seem like they would come loose and the hinges & screws are all very good. One thing I will say is that they do have quite a bit of sound leakage if that bothers you. Ultimately I guess you are paying for the 1) looks 2) name, you can find cheaper that prolly provide the same sound quality so you should look around if you are on a budget but I don't get all the hate the headphones get just because of the name.

LiK

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

i love the whole black/white color scheme. congrats on the new place.

Is that new FMA content? I love the cover.

It's basically deluxe editions of the FMA volumes, as they're presented in the same way they were in the Shounen GanGan tankobons - with color splash pages, but none of the cheap paper.

Each volume features new character artwork on the cover by Arakawa, as well as character sketches underneath the dust jacket.

...so basically, I'm collecting these versions (despite owning all in English and some issues in Japanese) for the artwork... :p

Top Bottom