• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz customer support, what gives???

ACH1LL3US

So I bought a new VS stick when they came out last month, got it and decided that it was too big for me so I sold it on eBay. The buyer gets it and it doesnt work, it was brand new and never used.

He has tried multiple times with customer support, they say they will send him another and give a Fedex label to ship the broken one back to him and NOTHING has happened.

He has talked to Markam through Twitter a few times and gets a promise that things will be handled and he is handed off to a tech that NEVER responses to him.

I have bought alot of Madcatz stuff in the last few years, I have a TE stick, two MLG controllers, I love their products and Markman.

BUT this is just totally unacceptable. This has been going on for over 3 weeks and still no resolution. The stick with shipping cost $220.

Please Markman, help, thank you.

"So I bought a new VS stick when they came out last month, got it and decided that it was too big for me so I sold it on eBay. The buyer gets it and it doesnt work, it was brand new and never used."

Scam?! I thought their Sticks were very reliable, with Markman by their side.

Kahoona

I've had horrible response times with their support as well. I bought a stick a while ago and one of the buttons didn't work right from when I took it out of the box. I emailed them about it and it took 3 weeks to get a reply. I ended up just not bothering sending the stick back and just swapped around the buttons so that the faulty one was a button I didn't use.

ACH1LL3US

"So I bought a new VS stick when they came out last month, got it and decided that it was too big for me so I sold it on eBay. The buyer gets it and it doesnt work, it was brand new and never used."

Scam?! I thought their Sticks were very reliable, with Markman by their side.

You would be wrong. Period. The stick does not work according to the buyer. It just scrolls down. I gave him the original receipt and he has provided that to Madcatz.

How is that a scam??

ACH1LL3US

Let him sent it back to you. How do you know he's not just scamming you?

He filed an eBay case against me. I called him and talked to him a few moments ago. He does not seem to be trying to take advantage of me.

I just HOPE Markman and Madcatz makes good on this, its an expensive stick and it to be DOA out of the box is horrible!

You would be wrong. Period. The stick does not work according to the buyer. It just scrolls down. I gave him the original receipt and he has provided that to Madcatz.

How is that a scam??

Its never wrong to look at all possibilities. A possibility being that he owned a stick, fucked it up, bought yours with one month receipt and is planning to return the broken one to MadCatz.

I've been robbed off shit loads on eBay so I stopped using it as a source of trade. I rather meet the person and test it out in person, or say its sealed and I don't guarantee if it'll work or not, but that the receipt is included.

Nevertheless, I hope this gets sorted out. PM Markman.

How is that a scam??

Why is that your problem? The warranty is provided by the company, and the item is still within warranty period. You gave the buyer a receipt with which he can get it covered.

Did you try a stick even once? Did you write "works perfectly" in the description?

sinseers

Not trying to be a smart arse, but your first mistake was buying Madcatz to begin with. Either go logitech or first party. Anything else and you are literally playing russian roulette.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Not trying to be a smart arse, but your first mistake was buying Madcatz to begin with. Either go logitech or first party. Anything else and you are literally playing russian roulette.
I've bought four different TE sticks and had zero issues.

Skilletor

I own 3 TEs. No issues.

You should probably read the devices he's talking about before making comments like that.

Moofers

I've got one SFIV SE Stick, A Soul Edition TE, A SFXT Fight Stick Pro, and a Namco TE S all sitting upstairs in my closet. All of them work beautifully. I've never had a problem with MCZ stuff in the last 5 years. They are like a new company.

OP, this isn't your problem. He has the receipt, the item is under warranty, it is not your problem anymore. As far as you know, it was working when you sold it. That's as far as your commitment needs to go.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac

...What?

I've heard bad things about MCZ support before, luckily I haven't had to deal with them...yet.

demigod

Wow, who pays $220 for a TE stick, aren't those sticks like $150 on Amazon or Buy.com? Looks like that other poster is right, you're being scammed.

Wow, who pays $220 for a TE stick, aren't those sticks like $150 on Amazon or Buy.com? Looks like that other poster is right, you're being scammed.

The VS stick starts at $200.

Madcatz isn't as terrible as they once were, but they are pretty hit or miss on the components they deal with themselves. The SF4 SE joystick was complete garbage, while the PCBs on the earlier TE/SE sticks gave a lot of users trouble (shorting out, not registering stick directions/button presses, etc). The stuff in the newer sticks is a little better, but we'll see how they do as they age.

Haeleos

I've had similar issues with their customer service. They will just straight up not respond to your issue. I sent them multiple emails on replacing the failure prone wireless dongles they used for the PS3 pads, and they finally responded on the third time I asked with a stock answer.

TommyT

He filed an eBay case against me. I called him and talked to him a few moments ago. He does not seem to be trying to take advantage of me.

I just HOPE Markman and Madcatz makes good on this, its an expensive stick and it to be DOA out of the box is horrible!

Well of course he doesn't.

5amshift

Banned

Yeah, I'm siding with this guy. You jumped on the sheeple list. Should've went with Hori, B15SDM or Qanba.

Yes Boss!

Looks nice but wtf, $50 more for that stick yet it doesn't come with connector? So why the $50 premium, is it because its steel or what?

Bigger? I dunno. It is $40 more, btw. Yeah, a bit of a slap in the face to charge $20 for the connector considering you paid $400 for two of them.

I'm definitely more of a Hori fan but all of my MC sticks have worked fine. Never any problems there.

ACH1LL3US

Why is that your problem? The warranty is provided by the company, and the item is still within warranty period. You gave the buyer a receipt with which he can get it covered.

Did you try a stick even once? Did you write "works perfectly" in the description?

I never used it, I got it in the mail, and sameday put it on eBay as it was just too big for me. I never even undid the USB cable so I never plugged it in.

I actually never thought it wouldnt work as I have a TE stick that I got when that launched that works perfectly and I have 2 MLG pads that both are amazing.

I hope Madcatz makes things right with this guy.

P.S. I would still buy Madcatz as I love their high end products they sell, the MLG pad is my fav controller ever!

bPod

I emailed their customer service regarding their Tritton headphones and it took 6 weeks for a reply; after the first week, I gave up

I have a messed up RAT 7 that I'm still waiting to get a response on from the other day. It's like they don't even have a CS department or something, and at this point I'm about to go back to Razer or another brand, which sucks because I think the RAT 7 is a nice mouse overall.

Of course it is hard getting service from them, their stuff breaks so often their customer service people must be completely inundated.

vg260

Seriously don't use ebay anymore. A buyer can file a frivolous or outright false claim despite you doing everything 100% by the book, and under their protection policy, you're screwed. It's really turned into a terrible place to sell.

Seriously don't use ebay anymore. A buyer can file a frivolous or outright false claim despite you doing everything 100% by the book, and under their protection policy, you're screwed. It's really turned into a terrible place to sell.

Great place to buy, shittiest place to sell

El Sloth

Banned
I've got a TE that I've been using for coming up on two years with absolutely zero issues.

Anecdotes etc.

ive got a TE stick and have had no problems - saying that i dont use it anymore because i have a HORI VLX RA PRO - best stick ever imo. its the massive one the size of a small aircraft carrier.

I never used it, I got it in the mail, and sameday put it on eBay as it was just too big for me. I never even undid the USB cable so I never plugged it in.

I actually never thought it wouldnt work as I have a TE stick that I got when that launched that works perfectly and I have 2 MLG pads that both are amazing.

I hope Madcatz makes things right with this guy.

P.S. I would still buy Madcatz as I love their high end products they sell, the MLG pad is my fav controller ever!

Then it is not your problem. He has all the information and receipts to make use of the warranty. In your auction you probably wrote "never used", "brand new", etc. Dispute his eBay claim, this is not your problem now.

SmokeMaxX

MadCatz makes the best sticks for the price in the business. Not really a comparison. Yeah they might be 150 or 200 now, but there are a ton of sales that always drive the price down. Getting one at $100 isn't unreasonable. Other companies have "reliable" sticks but they all have their share of problems. Yes this includes Hori (terrible stick design; seriously one has "wings" and the other is like carrying a suitcase around), Qanba/EightArc (had several different sticks that had connectivity issues MID MATCH on PS3 consoles), etc. The worst problem with a TE is that the RT button will go out and then all you have to do is switch two QDs around and problem solved.

Amagon

I emailed their customer service regarding their Tritton headphones and it took 6 weeks for a reply; after the first week, I gave up
Haha, I had a problem with my Tritton too and email them twice. No response. Markman, explain this bullshit!

G0DLIKE

I remember visiting one of my cousins over a decade ago and he had like 6x N64 controllers. I asked him why so many controllers and he explained all 4 of his Mad Catz controllers were broken. Not sure if Mad Catz were entirely at fault though, 'cause he also had a lot of Sega Mega Drive/Genesis controllers. Some of them had bite marks..

Some time after that my Mad Catz 2X PS1 memory card broke, which I had replaced, worked OK for a year, then the replacement card broke. I decided to never buy another Mad Catz product.

Then a few years ago, a friend of mine bought a Mad Catz SE stick brand-new and found some of the buttons were semi-unresponsive within a week. He got a refund and bought a TE, but had an issue with the PCB after a few months and got his money back.

Moral of the story; If you buy Mad Catz, you're a mad cat.

Top Bottom