• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek to Announce 'Absolutely Fantastic' New Project [Likely Crysis 3]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
top left corner nano-suit pattern?

crysis_3__2_ancyf.jpg

pic2.jpg

top left corner nano-suit pattern?

crysis_3__2_ancyf.jpg

pic2.jpg

Yep, Crysis 3. Also, look at the buildings in the background of the picture - it's New York after being destroyed/ravaged in Crysis 2. It looks exactly like the ending scene of Crysis 2 as well.

Fuck yes. I cannot wait for Crysis 3. The best of Crysis 1/Warhead + Crysis 2's tighter suit controls/combat/movement... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm baby

robin2

Yup. Crysis 3 it is - hope its more like Crysis 1.

And you can clearly see a palace on the right. So it really seems a standalone Crysis 2 expansion, same to Warhead for the first Crysis, or Crysis 3 set again in (New York) a metropolis.

SadAli

Neo Member
Was Crysis 2 received well on GAF?

I think "mixed reaction" would be an understatement.

Personally, playing in on a console, I thoroughly enjoyed most of the single player campaign. I also thought the multiplayer was almost great, some really fun ideas and maps let down mainly by the horrible lag that seemed to happen every third game or so and some poorly thought out spawning.

I'm excited to see what they do with it next.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Crysis 2 is absolutely amazing, it has grown on me so much since I first tried it.

Pranay

Well i see eatchildren and I have really similar taste in our top 10 fps game and on crysis.

Thats good to see.

@topic

It is Crysis 3 it seems.

Crysis 2 is absolutely amazing, it has grown on me so much since I first tried it.

Yeah me too. It's one of the very very very few games I'll probably play through a second time one of these days.

Also to the reveal, possibility it's some kind of Crysis 2 expansion or something also imo, though I'd much rather see Crysis 3 of course...

Crysis 2: Warhead

Edit: Hmm, Game Reactor talks of "an action packed sequel" though.

Mag date is supposed to be April 16.

Tzeentch

-- Hopefully they won't sweat too much on multiplayer and focus their effort on SP, Crysis 2 multiplayer died out pretty quick when they didn't address the hacks and exploits in a timely manner.

GlamFM

Banned
-- Hopefully they won't sweat too much on multiplayer and focus their effort on SP, Crysis 2 multiplayer died out pretty quick when they didn't address the hacks and exploits in a timely manner.

I stopped playing the MP because I couldn´t reach the hardcore mode fast enough and I got tired of having to sink two mags into my opponents to kill them.

Sad thing there is a major visual glitch on 360 (so called grain bug), has a huge thread on their forums dedicated too it for months, and they ignored it too.

Huge glitch too, basically the graphics degrade with a grainy pattern after a while on 360. Not sure if all 360's affected but mine was. Restarting level fixes I think, but it inevitably comes back.

Hopefully it's just an expansion pack for C2. I don't want another New York scenario for a full fledged sequel, personally I see C2 as a huge disappointment in terms of level design, story and artistic direction.

Cry3 should be targeted for next gen or be PC exclusive again.

scitek

I'm going to use this thread to spam a mod I tried and liked earlier tonight.

C Mod

It changes the gun position to match that of the first game, so they don't take up half the screen, mutes the suit voice, so no more endless "Cloak engaged" etc., and changes the boost speed to that of the first game, as well as some other things. Combine it with Maldo's mod for maximum game.

Crysis wouldn't even break my top ten shooters.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm well aware I'm in a minority with this opinion :p.

crytypezqjf4.gif

DarkChild

Banned
DerZuhälter;36842973 said:
Hopefully it's just an expansion pack for C2. I don't want another New York scenario for a full fledged sequel, personally I see C2 as a huge disappointment in terms of level design, story and artistic direction.

Cry3 should be targeted for next gen or be PC exclusive again.
I would love it to be Cry 3. Swan song of this generation...Than new IP next gen.

tci

Crysis 3 better be more like the original. Anyone putting Crysis 2 over the first is crazy. 2 had shitty enemies, butchered gameplay, terrible weapons and limited options straight from the start.

As an fps on its on term though, Crysis 2 is decent. But it is no fucking Crysis.

scitek

A bow, who needs guns!?

I think something like that could be a sign they're wanting to open things up more like the first game. More options or something.

So would this game be releasing next year, then? I'd assume it'd have a quicker turnaround since the engine's already done.

I think there should be a rule that when you fuck up your announcement by leaking something early you have to do the announcement immediately and stop being a cocktease.

Feature

Banned
damn, if it's in a city again I'll be disappointed. Crysis 2 was horrible . I didn't like crysis 1 either but atleast I could blow up building and get tornadoes to destroy a whole jungle whilst nukes are going off in the background.

Top Bottom