• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Dug the first two. I'm in pending some kind of PC port disaster. ( I was fine with C2 on PC at launch, ran like a champ on everyone's system and looked great).

Dabanton

Except we were the invaders... The aliens were here first. DUN DUN DUN

Anyway I liked the story in the second game I have to say. Not sure why it gets so much shit when so much worse stuff (Gears series for example) get a free pass.

Where does Gears get a free pass? it's always getting mocked despite actually being a solid storytelling experience with a real 80's movie mood to it all.

Metal-Geo

Except we were the invaders... The aliens were here first. DUN DUN DUN

Anyway I liked the story in the second game I have to say. Not sure why it gets so much shit when so much worse stuff (Gears series for example) get a free pass.
Don't worry. I quite enjoyed (the idea of) the story of Crysis 2 as well.
The story telling was incredibly crap though. Awfully confusing. And it also feels as if you're playing in an entirely different universe. Horrible connections to the first Crysis.

But I liked how they implanted the Nanosuit into the story. Rather than keeping it as just a tool.

Looking forward to Crysis 3.

Angry Fork

Didn't part 2 just come out? I'm surprised they're talking about part 3 already but maybe it won't be out until next fall.

rdrr gnr

A city setting again? Will wait for bomba price if at all. I hated every moment of Crysis 2, mainly because of Morgan's story hype; I was naively hopeful.

Dave1988

Found on 4chan:

Crysis 3 details.

5NB8S.png

- Will be situated in a destroyed New York, which has become almost a jungle.

- Promise the best sandbox fps on the market.

- There will be a limited and Hunter edition of Crysis 3.

- PC, Xbox 360, PS3.

- Out in the spring of 2013.

- April 15 announcement.

DarkChild

Banned
Maybe we'll see Australian wilderness? Hell that would be awesome.

EDIT

Ok...Maybe not. Not to excited for NY again, but if its jungle than it would be cool. Probably...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So they're trying to mix the settings of 1 and 2? Genius. I'm in.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

This sounds awesome. Crysis 1 and 2 are both great for different reasons so I'm hoping 3 combines them both well. A bit more open than 2 with improved AI and the suit versatility of 2 would be incredible. I actually thought about an overgrown city for 3 as a perfect way to have it flow and be as atmospheric as 2 while being able to be more open since the city is destroyed and maintaining the visual styling of 1.

I just hope the PS3 version will be a bit sharper/perform better than 1 and 2.

DarkChild

Banned
There is hunter edition and they seem to be focused on bow...Hmm...Could be very stealthy and tactical. I'm in. It would be perfect something like Tokyo jungle, not NY again, but we'll see what they've done with it.

ctrayne

There is hunter edition and they seem to be focused on bow...Hmm...Could be very stealthy and tactical. I'm in. It would be perfect something like Tokyo jungle, not NY again, but we'll see what they've done with it.

Yeah, to me, bow = stealth. In turn that means me = happy.
Also, the techno-death-bow looks awesome.

I hope they expand on the passive progression aspects of the nano-suit in the campaign. I also hope they change up the active nano-suit abilities a bit and bring back super speed from the original.

DarkChild

Banned
Its 3 year cycle. They already have engine in place and more experience with consoles. On top of that, CE3 is real time editor on all 3 platforms at once. No porting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This sounds awesome. Crysis 1 and 2 are both great for different reasons so I'm hoping 3 combines them both well. A bit more open than 2 with improved AI and the suit versatility of 2 would be incredible. I actually thought about an overgrown city for 3 as a perfect way to have it flow and be as atmospheric as 2 while being able to be more open since the city is destroyed and maintaining the visual styling of 1.

I just hope the PS3 version will be a bit sharper/perform better than 1 and 2.

That would be perfect. I loved Crysis 2 more for the power system, but Crysis 1 had an AMAZING setting. I'm hoping Crysis 3 is the product of learning from both 1 and 2 and taking the best of both.

can't believe that poster has generated 300+ posts. its so generic that it could be crysis 1 or 2.

Probably because no one is talking about the poster itself.

Dysun

Previews are going to have to blow me away after I had to slog my way through Crysis 2, I swear I can only remember two scenes from the whole game. The submarine in the beginning/switcharoo and the heli crashing through the building. And I played it this year

"Will be situated in a destroyed New York, which has become almost a jungle."

The problem with it being more of a jungle is it will be impossible not to compare it even more to the original than you did 2. With 2 at least you had a different setting so there were reasons (read: bad design choices) for a lot of the gameplay changes.

If they go back to a more jungle-y design it will have to be just as good, if not better, than the first to work. I don't believe Crytek can do that.

They would have been better off staying away from the jungle setting. I suppose it might be different enough with a destroyed city being scattered around it, but eh...

sn00zer

Playing through Crysis 2 and not enjoying t nearly as much as the first, mostly due to the very busy visuals making it hard to see anything that isnt already shooting you...but more open environments, jungly setting, and Crysis 2 tech? Im in

Also yeah I could not believe I am playing Crysis 2 on my 8800 on all high setting at 720p and am getting 40+ fps....fn in credible

That's a cool image. On the right you can see a traffic light, right in the center of that massive jungle. Sounds like they aren't kidding with the overgrown-ness of the city.

Ok, now i'm interested.

Me too; now we get lush jungle and the awesome verticality/traversing of urban environments.

Previews are going to have to blow me away after I had to slog my way through Crysis 2, I swear I can only remember two scenes from the whole game. The submarine in the beginning/switcharoo and the heli crashing through the building. And I played it this year

...Can't remember any of that... my god Crysis 2 is a fucking black hole.

thetrin

So...wait. How many years in the future does this take place? Jungles don't just spring up over night.

i-Lo

That's a cool image. On the right you can see a traffic light, right in the center of that massive jungle. Sounds like they aren't kidding with the overgrown-ness of the city.

Ok, now i'm interested.

f*ck, how did I miss that!? Now I'm even more interested. Crysis in the world of Enslaved or LoU XD

Playing through Crysis 2 and not enjoying t nearly as much as the first, mostly due to the very busy visuals making it hard to see anything that isnt already shooting you...but more open environments, jungly setting, and Crysis 2 tech? Im in

Also yeah I could not believe I am playing Crysis 2 on my 8800 on all high setting at 720p and am getting 40+ fps....fn in credible

Crysis 2 is better optimized that the first one. Numerous graphics card tests have consistently proven to be so. It could be also because the levels are somewhat more constrained than the first one.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Crysis: First Blood - Part Duex - BACKAAAWWWW!

Someone please sheen the holy hell out of that image... chicken head and all.

Crysis 2 had under rated multi player. It's a shame you could hardly find anyone to play with.

Agreed; the gameplay is absolutely amazing. And the perks/killstreaks were much better than call of duty's. It was quite a rip off though, and they needed more weapon variety. The matchmaking was fucking horrid, and was never fixed. sigh...

What was the name of the guy with white hair.
The one who... has a nano chair in his house (I think).
Let me drop some knowledge bombs

Alcatraz- main character
Prophet- dude from first game, gives Alcatraz the suit
Tara Strickland- daughter from another dude in first game
Gould- dude with white hair and nano chair in his house
Hargreave- ancient dude
in stasis tank
, wants to get his suit back from you

Only guy who's name I'm blanking on is the bad guy who's in charge of CryNet's security.

Booyahkasha!

Bonus: the guy who talks to you at the very end of the game is
Rasch of Hargreave-Rasch, the other guy who founded CryNet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom