• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always League of Legends as well :D

Is it free? It wasn't free when I bought it. :(

I'll play any game you have. And what is the cat game?

It was a thing Lissar linked to a while back.

Lissar said:
Next computer will not be a Mac since they are made from cheap parts and fall apart quickly.

but then you can't be an apple elitist!

There was a girl next to me in class note taking on her ipad while texting on her ipod -_- I was just sitting there with my notebook and a pen.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
but then you can't be an apple elitist!

There was a girl next to me in class note taking on her ipad while texting on her ipod -_- I was just sitting there with my notebook and a pen.

I don't know why people would be obsessed with Apple products. D: They look nice... the OS's are sleek... but other than that there is not much going for them.

Even if my computer were supercharged, it would still remain a Mac. D:

Will run the games in the Orange Box (I too have a Mac).

Next computer will not be a Mac since they are made from cheap parts and fall apart quickly.

Only the plastic MacBooks (2006 on); shittiest Apple product I have ever owned/used. The aluminum stuff is very well made, as was the earlier plastic stuff.

I hate taking notes on anything but paper. I never take a computer to a meeting if I am not presenting things, and I design software on paper-- not just the UI, but how it works.

I hate taking notes on anything but paper. I never take a computer to a meeting if I am not presenting things, and I design software on paper-- not just the UI, but how it works.

Same here. For starters, if I have the computer I don't concentrate; I check facebook and gaf. If I write it down it goes into my head better.

There's always League of Legends as well :D

I second this motion. I will carry!!

Also, the only way to do any sort of actual, intellectual work is to turn off all electronics, even if you need that word processor. Write it out on paper first then just copy it later!! Writing it out also helps you edit it much quicker and do better brainstorming on the fly.

leadbelly

Banned
Same here Lead.

My boyfriend managed to get Mac onto his windows, amazingly. I think he almost died trying though, it looked ridiculously complex.

Yeah. If you're a gamer especially, it is well worth doing it. I wouldn't get a Mac in the first place for that very reason. Well, that and them being overpriced.

Edit: Is steam being odd for anyone else? It keeps going on and off for me at the moment.

Edit edit: Back on again now. lol

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Speaking of Macs, there are a couple of ways you can run windows, right?

I'd have a separate partition for windows if I had a mac.

Yeah, see, I DID have this and then it got completely fucked. For some reason there is a common error that won't let you reinstall Windows if you have to wipe. Guess what happened to me. :D

I signed up for Pottermore, but I haven't gotten my second e-mail yet. ;.;

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah, see, I DID have this and then it got completely fucked. For some reason there is a common error that won't let you reinstall Windows if you have to wipe. Guess what happened to me. :D

I signed up for Pottermore, but I haven't gotten my second e-mail yet. ;.;

Is there no work around for the error? I would check the internet to see if you can find a fix.

If I write it down it goes into my head better.

Helps me think. Rarely work on paper to create a future reference (though I refer back to design notes/requirements).

Speaking of Macs, there are a couple of ways you can run windows, right?

At least three virtualization products and dual/triple booting.

I'd have a separate partition for windows if I had a mac.

I hate rebooting my computer. I have an XBox for AAA gaming (but mostly play XBLA games).

I do miss not having the Source-based Alien Swarm that Dave mentioned (loved it as an Unreal mod), and Red Orchestra.

If it wasn't for Forza, I would probably have something set up to play rFactor.

them being overpriced.

Sometimes. Price vs value vs affordability. Wish there was a headless Mac between Mini and Pro. Mini is perfect for my work, but a proper beefy video card is needed for games and some applications I use at home (Aperture).

leadbelly

Banned
Sometimes. Price vs value vs affordability. Wish there was a headless Mac between Mini and Pro. Mini is perfect for my work, but a proper beefy video card is needed for games and some applications I use at home (Aperture).

Yeah. I'm thinking mainly as a gaming computer they are overpriced. Not only are there more games you can play on a Windows based computer, you get much more for your money. PCs are also much more flexible in that they are easily upgradable and easy to build from scratch. I have always built my own computers. That way you can pick exactly what you want and what you don't want.

My only Apple product is my iPhone and I'm basically stuck with this thing forever because of how much I've invested in the app store.

I like it, but the option to move to Android just isn't on the table unless I want to leave most of this shit behind.

Owegw.jpg

J3uxw.jpg

SWAG SWAG SWAG

Sadetar

I think this is normal. Also, being the final poster in a thread that isn't locked feels bad too.
I am a professional thread murderer.

True story.

I can respect that.

1. Wind Waker
2. Link To The Past
3. Majora's Mask
4. OoT
5. Link's Awakening
I can't put games on the order...

I love OoT, Majora's Mask ans Wind Waker with a passion though. OoT is perhaps the most nostalgic to me still.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Pottermore registration is open!

I finally got my e-mail, but now I can't get sorted. D: The sorting page is broken and won't load. I'm guessing because everyone skips ahead so they can get sorted first. I actually went and read all the stuff in all the chapters first. :< I hope I won't have to wait a few days for it...

RawPower

Banned
Call of Duty sales...slowing down.

Fucking finally.

By the way, Wind Waker and Majora still rule the roost. Skyward Sword might change that once I get my Wii fixed.

leadbelly

Banned
I finally got my e-mail, but now I can't get sorted. D: The sorting page is broken and won't load. I'm guessing because everyone skips ahead so they can get sorted first. I actually went and read all the stuff in all the chapters first. :< I hope I won't have to wait a few days for it...

So lissar I notice you have Brawl Busters. I saw it in the store and now downloading it. Any good?

Dave has it too. Maybe we can have an online game of that at some point if it is any good.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
What? I don't have any such thing. Never heard of it.

Anyway, got sorted in Ravenclaw! No one was shocked!

Name is AshEye21833, if anyone wants to add me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom