• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Satterfield: Wii U Launch Line-Up is looking "pretty damn good".

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
In today's episode of Invisible Walls on Gametrailers, the conversation turned to the third-party support for the upcoming Nintendo Wii U.

Shane Shatterfield, Editor in Chief of Gametrailers.com, had this to say (around the 12:00 minute mark):

One thing that I can say without getting in any trouble is that the launch line-up for the Wii U is going to surprise people. It's going to be pretty damn good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-205-invisible-walls/729443

M.D

What's a good launch line up? Will Nintendo bring the good stuff at lauch? Or is a bunch of ports of old multiplatform games considering a good launch line up? Hopefully both

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My money is on something like the Vita.

High quantity, tons of ports including ports of games that have been out for more than a year, some sequels to games with minimal new features and then a general lukewarm feeling of the whole thing, proceeded by twiddling of thumbs waiting for new games.

So basically a decent launch.

Foffy

Banned
I worry by good he simply means quality games, but not many that people will run out to get. Those are the types Nintendo needs at launch. Having ports (based on what we know) isn't going to cut it for some.

If Pikmin 3 is a launch game, though...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Unless Nintendo have managed to get more than one game out the door in time, I would assume the launch line up is goin to consist on 3rd party games that will most likely be on other systems.

markot

Banned
Good as in quality or good as in quantity with UBI taking the lead >_<?

I assume Nintendo will launch with one 'wii sports' showing off the tablet, and one mario game. Then Pikmin. Then another big title spread out a few months after launch.

I worry by good he simply means quality games, but not many that people will run out to get. Those are the types Nintendo needs at launch. Having ports (based on what we know) isn't going to cut it for some.

If Pikmin 3 is a launch game, though...

All it takes is one big first party game and then the additional third party ports seem that much more impressive.

Rayman 2!

LEAKED SCREEN FROM WII U VERSION

ctaB9.png

WOW

Satterfield has always struck me as one of those Nintendo fans that felt wronged by the Wii but still loves the company (I still remember him arguing with Terrell Suggs on ESPN how Ocarina of Time was the best game ever but he was quite down on Skyward Sword) so I think the fact that whatever he has seen has impressed him means something.

Reallink

Darksiders 2, Ass 3, Arkham City, and whatever other ports it manages means we already knew this since last E3. The question is what will be exclusive. I don't see third parties doing serious, big budget, high talent properties on Wii U when they could release on all 3 boxes instead. This leaves Nintendo, which they almost assuredly have no real insight on.

Antioch

Darksiders 2, Ass 3, Arkham City, and whatever other ports it manages means we already knew this since last E3. The question is what will be exclusive. I don't see third parties doing serious, big budget, high talent properties on Wii U when they could release on all 3 boxes instead. This leaves Nintendo, which they almost assuredly have no real insight on.

Well I guess there's Killer Freaks from Outer Space and Lego City Stories, I think those combined with the ports and a couple of first party games would make for a pretty good launch, certainly better than the Wii's launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom