• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I saw someone in another thread mention an NDA on WiiU games. What's that all about? Can developers not announce games or something?

Many games from e3 11 that've been announced for wii u have not been talked about again in detail since their initial announcements. There are other games in the past few months that have announced wii u support with logos in press releases, web pages (project cars), etc. that have been subsequently taken down. Lastly there have been a couple of developers, Ono, vigil, etc. that have even directly said or hinted that nintendo has been laying down heavy NDAs for the system and it's upcoming games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
http://bit.ly/I5V1bt[/IMG] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d0/USSR_Republics_Numbered_Alphabetically.png/350px-USSR_Republics_Numbered_Alphabetically.png (USSR)

I dunno, just sayin'.[/QUOTE]
TETRIS WILL BE ON THE WII U! WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK?

[quote="ViewtifulJC, post: 37226821"]You're gonna get Wii-U Music and you're gonna pretend to like it[/QUOTE]

Ha ha pretend. Whatever.

I've said it in every thread about the wii U and I'll say it again I hope HOPE Nintendo's classic "there's one more thing" at E3 is Earthbound I think I'll cry tears of joy and the only other thing that'll make me cry is a cubs world series win.

Both are pretty farfetched.....

AniHawk

I've said it in every thread about the wii U and I'll say it again I hope HOPE Nintendo's classic "there's one more thing" at E3 is Earthbound I think I'll cry tears of joy and the only other thing that'll make me cry is a cubs world series win.

claymated world, written/designed by itoi, with an overworld designed by monolithsoft

now anything you can possibly want won't ever live up to this

SmithnCo

Like, an Earthbound or MOTHER 1 remake? Because I think Itoi said the series is pretty much done. But I would take a remake if it allowed them to actually release it here.

They wouldn't save it for the big reveal though because nobody would know what it is. :(

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I get the feeling that if Microsoft and Sony are mum about their next gen consoles at their press events, than Nintendo will in turn hold back some secrets about Wii U.

I get the feeling that if Microsoft and Sony are mum about their next gen consoles at their press events, than Nintendo will in turn hold back some secrets about Wii U.

No. If they do hold anything back, it would probably be an indepth look at the OS or NiN. No hardware stuff is going to remain secret months before launch. Also, corporate spying is common place. Microsoft and Sony know more about the wii U than we do.

Terrell

No. If they do hold anything back, it would probably be an indepth look at the OS or NiN. No hardware stuff is going to remain secret months before launch. Also, corporate spying is common place. Microsoft and Sony know more about the wii U than we do.

Hence why there are various WiiU dev kits in the wild at the moment. The ones with the best kits are the ones smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

If other two are no show, Then what ever power and all that Wii U have everyone will say its not next gen and it dont look much better then this

:/ I cant see any of the next gen looking much better to most everyday joe, but if Wii U only one to show it will get a label as unpower what ever they show

Like, an Earthbound or MOTHER 1 remake? Because I think Itoi said the series is pretty much done. But I would take a remake if it allowed them to actually release it here.

They wouldn't save it for the big reveal though because nobody would know what it is. :(

Not a remake an all new entry in the series I think if it starred Ness people would know I mean look at kid icarus one smash bros and people are all over him why not give Earthbound the same treatment it could work again....

Not a remake an all new entry in the series I think if it starred Ness people would know I mean look at kid icarus one smash bros and people are all over him why not give Earthbound the same treatment it could work again....

Yes, it could work. But. The writer of the series (Itoi) has stated he's done with MOTHER, and chances are, even if he came back, it wouldn't get released over here.
The best chance are VC ports or remakes, but it's doubtful we'll get those, unless they either buy the rights for all the music and shit, or they change it. Option 2 is unlikely cause Itoi has expressed opposition of changing the sound design.

@Terrell:
By the way; I don't like parting on bad footing (or starting on it) - are we done with our little thing? Cause you seem like a cool guy. Don't want to put a potential buddy-ship in jeopardy cause of me misunderstanding.

claymated world, written/designed by itoi, with an overworld designed by monolithsoft

now anything you can possibly want won't ever live up to this

how about Cel Shaded instead makes the fire and thunder really pop.

Yes, it could work. But. The writer of the series (Itoi) has stated he's done with MOTHER, and chances are, even if he came back, it wouldn't get released over here.
The best chance are VC ports or remakes, but it's doubtful we'll get those, unless they either buy the rights for all the music and shit, or they change it. Option 2 is unlikely cause Itoi has expressed opposition of changing the sound design.

Money has the power to change any mind.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.

No, I meant secret games and OS features like you described. For example, don't be surprised to hear nothing about Retro's new game.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
My guess (still catching up on this thread sorry if it's been said to death) Nintendo wants to put Skylanders to shame with a proper console Pokemon.

Will probably be the first Nintendo console I don't buy at launch. : (

pramath

Banned
If Nintendo has to change something it will be the "U", not the Wii brand.

If they retain the Wii brand, naming it anything but the Wii 2- which flat out denotes a generational leap- will be stupid. The audiences, as they have already amply demonstrated, are too dumb to recognize a generational leap when they see one, unless it is actually told to them in as many words that this is a new system they're dealing with, not a revision.

Taker666

So guys, if they reveal Pikmiin and Olimario was replaced by a Mii...how would you feel?

I wouldn't mind..I never rated him as a character. The Pikmin were the stars.

The ideal solution would be to allow you the choice of using him or a Mii. ..or even allow you to map your face onto the character using the camera ala Face Raiders.

burst

Wii DS, combining two of Nintendo's most successful brand names while also being an apt description of the product. lol terribad

darthdago

looks like the out line to a city :/ GTA Wii U? lol Gaf would melt down

I'm still catching up, so I dont know if that was answered...
But the map is most likely Russia I would say – but I would really love it to be related to a GTA on Wii U... (wasnt Nico from Russia...)

Edit: ok have seen it...was answered b4

BY2K

Membero Americo
At what time was the investor meeting, last time?

And by that I mean, at what time did we get the juicy info?

Coolwhip

Banned
No, I meant secret games and OS features like you described. For example, don't be surprised to hear nothing about Retro's new game.

Anything that adds to a positive image of the Wii U will be revealed. Nintendo is in a make or break position now, they have no choice.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Activision says "No comment" about Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Wii U...

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...-2-coming-to-wii-u-no-comment-say-activision/

The NDA strikes again!

The only COD that wasn't on Wii is Modern Warfare 2 and that's because MW Reflex came to close it's release.

It would be the biggest joke if Black Ops 2 wouldn't make it to Wii U (or Wii).

EDIT: Hey wait, why ask if it's coming to Wii U when the game isn't even announced? We're not even supposed to know it's Black Ops 2.

wsippel

Banned
I wonder why Nintendo recently broke library compatibility. As of a few days ago, you can't link binaries unless all objects are compiled with GHS 5.3.10 or later. That's a rather significant change - not something that should happen at a minor version bump (bugfix release). So what exactly made that change necessary? Did Nintendo switch from IBM XL to GHS? Or were there ABI changes (new, slightly incompatible processor)? And why use such an exotic and incredibly expensive compiler in the first place?

Roo

The only COD that wasn't on Wii is Modern Warfare 2 and that's because MW Reflex came to close it's release.

It would be the biggest joke if Black Ops 2 wouldn't make it to Wii U (or Wii).

EDIT: Hey wait, why ask if it's coming to Wii U when the game isn't even announced? We're not even supposed to know it's Black Ops 2.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wonder why Nintendo recently broke library compatibility. As of a few days ago, you can't link binaries unless all objects are compiled with GHS 5.3.10 or later. That's a rather significant change - not something that should happen at a minor version bump (bugfix release). So what exactly made that change necessary? Did Nintendo switch from IBM XL to GHS? Or were there ABI changes (new, slightly incompatible processor)? And why use such an exotic and incredibly expensive compiler in the first place?

What the hell are you talking about?

lednerg

I forgot how people don't know about or don't believe that there is an NDA for Wii U. E3 is going to open some eyes.

Activision says "No comment" about Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Wii U...
In other news, Nintendo doesn't want to talk about the upcoming Zelda game for Wii U.

I wonder why Nintendo recently broke library compatibility. As of a few days ago, you can't link binaries unless all objects are compiled with GHS 5.3.10 or later. ...[words]
I definitely don't know.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Does anybody know what the hell that guy is talking about?

Did he just drop us a Wii U bomb in the form of technobable?

Roo

I forgot how people don't know about or don't believe that there is an NDA for Wii U. E3 is going to open some eyes.

I'm actually quite surprised they let Ubisoft talk about Killer Freaks at all
especially because it is an exclusive game

BurntPork

Banned

From Star Wars to Star Trek?

This probably explains the CPU complaints. Looks like this won't be easy to develop for after all.

Hmm..sounds like a processor change to me.

No, it sounds like a compiler change.

The compiler is part of the CPU.

antonz

They haven't talked about it since E3 last year. I don't think they are letting Ubisoft talk.

Indeed. Ubisoft had setup a twitter to tweet updates etc and right after E3 it went silent. Ubisoft admitted they weren't ready to talk but Nintendo arm twisted then twisted again to shut them up

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I look forward to Ubisoft's big reveal of ports and shovelware.

lednerg

Someone give this man an account on WarioWorld.

I look forward to Ubisoft's big reveal of ports and shovelware.
Well, somebody's gotta make money in this industry.

wsippel

Banned
What the hell are you talking about?
Tech stuff.

A compiler is an application that translates source code to something the CPU itself actually understands. So you have several source files that are compiled to a number of object files, which are then "linked" to make a single binary. Usually, you can compile one source file with, say, GCC 3.1 and one with GCC 4.3, and still link both. You can even compile one file with ICC (Intel C Compiler) and one with GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) for example and still (usually) link them. On Wii U, Nintendo recently broke linker compatibility for some reason. Everything has to be compiled with GHS 5.3.10 or later or it won't link. And that's quite unusual. The two obvious reasons would be that a) Nintendo previously used some other compiler and linker and 5.3.10 is the first version of GHS for Wii U, or b) a recent devkit uses a different CPU that simply isn't compatible with older object files. Because a switch from GHS 5.3.9 to 5.3.10 shouldn't break compatibility unless something far more significant was changed at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom