• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Revenant

This one might be my favorite

scaled.php

and this one got a chuckle from me.

ZT2tT.gif

Firestorm

Is Tabris still around? This image reminded me that we got the 16/16 after all.

NUCKSMEME.jpg

This post-season was for you man. You called it all along.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Goddammit. I was finally able to check the score. Panthers never fucking win in OT, dunno why I expected this one to be any different.

Still feel good about game 7 though; they're typically a team that responds after a loss and they'll show up at home.

MacAttack

It's almost disturbing how bad Bruins want to play us. Can't blame them.

The Rangers seem to be the most difficult matchup for the Bruins so eliminating them and getting to play a division opponent who the Bruins have dominated over the past few years is icing on the cake.*

*pending a big game 7 victory Wednesday at the GAAAHH-DEN

RC

Banned
These gifs are fan freaking tastic. We'll need all the wizardary we can get to make it through the second round of the western conferance. Where hockey went to die.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit, NHL, why is it so hard to figure out what time the Rangers game is on Thursday? I have to sort out plans, dammit.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
What is everybody's opinion on these media articles suggesting that the Penguins have to seriously retool for next season? Some of them sound like they want the Pens to blow up their whole team.

That sounds a little excessive to me.

Marc-Andre Fleury had about the worst playoff series I have ever seen from a goaltender. If he was even average during this series, the Penguins would be sitting in round 2 right now. There were some defensive breakdowns, as well, but Fleury allowed a lot of extremely weak goals. No team can expect to win when their goaltender plays as poorly as Fleury did.

On top of that, the Flyers had outplayed the Penguins in most of their meetings over the regular season. Sometimes you just don't match up well against a team. I don't think the Penguins matched up well against the Flyers and that showed in the playoffs. The Penguins struggled to hold leads against Philadelphia all season long and that did not change in the second season.

Talks of blowing up the team, trading Jordan Staal, or firing Dan Bylsma are blowing this early elimination completely out of proportion.

I cant believe Brodeur was so shakey last night and the Panthers couldnt take advantage of it. They should have ended the series last night, hopefully they can get it together for the next game.

Solo

That would be surprising. He is the best defensive forward they have.

If they can't work out an extension, maybe. Otherwise, I don't see it.

According to those media tweets that went around, he no longer wishes to play third banana to Crosby and Malkin, which I can fully understand. And his trade value will NEVER be higher.

He will be dealt this offseason.

I cant believe Brodeur was so shakey last night and the Panthers couldnt take advantage of it. They should have ended the series last night, hopefully they can get it together for the next game.
Yup poor effort (on both sides) maybe 10 people combined showed up.

Panthers need a game 5 effort to close it up. When the AHL call-up is putting in more effort than most of the team, something is wrong.

Cagey

Banned

One puck deflects off his own man's skate, changes directions... the other goal is a 4-on-2 where he makes the initial save. Shaky? Keep dreamin'.

One puck deflects off his own man's skate, changes directions... the other goal is a 4-on-2 where he makes the initial save. Shaky? Keep dreamin'.

2 goals on 8 shots is not exactly being a rock but what ever makes you feel better. If the Panthers had gotten any real pressure on him I think he would have given up more but sadly we will never know. I hope he plays exactly the same next game. :)

Top Bottom