• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

Riiiiiidge Racerrr!

"I don't know if you remember this particular opening. This was actually on the original PlayStation game as well when it was loading the game. Of course I'm not a very good player even there. Game is powered by Namco. It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiiidge Racer! Remember that one?"

pramath

Banned
Hey guys, I have a question: did the new PS Suite firmware issue fix up the browser?
I'm not asking if it's any better optimized or faster, I'm just wondering if you can access it mid game now without the Twitter workabout (basically, if it's multitaskable).

Bukana

What do you guys think will be announced for the Vita this E3!?
These are my guesses:

-Final Fantasy Type-0
-Call Of Duty
-BioShock (Art,First Trailer)
-Sonic Generations
-RappaTheRapper 2
-KillZone
-Persona 4: The Golden
-Xseed might be there, just like the last few E3s, so they might announce something.
-Ports of Sony's HD Collections (like MGS:HD, Rayman Origins, Z.O.E, Mortal Kombat, etc.)

How about you !?

Nibel

These are my guesses:

-Final Fantasy Type-0
-Call Of Duty
-Sonic Generations
-RappaTheRapper 2
-KillZone
-Xseed might be there, just like the last few E3s, so they might announce something.
-Ports of Sony's HD Collections (like MGS:HD, Rayman Origins, Z.O.E, Mortal Kombat, etc.)

How about you !?

I want PSone game support and some new IPs.

That is all.

spats

I'd really like a Killzone Vita stage demo and release date. A new MediEvil could be very cool, very underrated franchise in my opinion. Then of course Gran Turismo Vita, but I have a feeling they'd save something like that for TGS, if it's even happening. It better be.

WOW! It looks perfectly applied.
Was it difficult? I need to get a screen protector ASAP.

IT's easy enough.

steam up the bathroom with hot water to keep dust on the ground. Best place to apply screen stuff.

And if dust or w/e does get trapped underneath. Use 2 pieces of scotch tape. 1 to lift the screen thing, 1 to pick up w/e is underneath.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Ape-escape and Resident Evil2.

Before dualanalog everything was unplayable. We gamers NEED dual analog, or else we won't survive. Everything in life is about dual analog.

Dual analog is overated..... big time. As if games pre dual-analog are unplayable. Really?

That's like saying analogue controls are overrated, because it isn't as if the games in the pre analogue era are unplayable.

Really? smh.

Sintoid

I'd really like a Killzone Vita stage demo and release date. A new MediEvil could be very cool, very underrated franchise in my opinion. Then of course Gran Turismo Vita, but I have a feeling they'd save something like that for TGS, if it's even happening. It better be.

Gran Turismo with gyroscope for head tracking and cool online/social features, that's what I want...

spats

Gran Turismo with gyroscope for head tracking and cool online/social features, that's what I want...

Exactly. I could easily see Polyphony doing some remarkable things using Near and the LiveArea. Think something along the lines of the Uncharted black market, except for swapping cars and other apparel.

Then of course posting the newest seasonal races on the LiveArea and clicking on it takes you straight to theseasonal event, like Hot Shots Golf.

How about you !?
I'm mostly hoping for localization of titles from Atlus, Gust, and Falcom.

What I think we'll see:
  • Call of Duty
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Killzone
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Plus more information about Final Fantasy X HD, Madden NFL 2013, and Warrior's Lair.

Probable:
  • PSOne support launch
  • Killzone
  • Call of Duty details
  • Gran Turismo
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Ape Escape
  • Soul Calibur
  • Ace Combat
  • Grand Theft Auto (stories)
  • King of Fighters 13
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Oddworld HD ports
  • Any of the HD collections
Maybe:
  • Armored Core
  • Parappa the Rapper
  • Twisted Metal
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Virtua Fighter 5: FS
  • Yakuza 5
  • Bust-a-Move
  • Okami port
  • More PS2 Megaten ports
  • Resident Evil 4 HD
Fingers crossed:
  • MORE PSONE CLASSICS
  • Mega Man 9-10
  • Mega Man/X Anniversary Collections
  • Road Rash
  • Legacy of Kain
  • Final Fantasy 7 remake (lol)

bumpkin

I was on the fence about whether or not to get a Vita, but with Sony's release of the PlayStation Suite Open Beta -- I'm an aspiring game developer -- I decided what the hell. With a little bit of hunting and watching on eBay, I was able to procure myself a Wi-Fi Vita with ModNation Racers Road Trip and a 4GB memory card for ~$200 late last week. Yesterday my new toy arrived, I unpacked it, set everything up, and all I can say is wow. I feel like the device is capable of far more than my mind can comprehend; I'm used to the what-you-see-is-what-you-get nature of Nintendo's portables.

I went through one or two of the "Welcome Park" activities that show off the features and also downloaded/played the demo of Uncharted. So far I'm pretty impressed. Aside from Uncharted (I loved all three on PS3), any recommendations for games worth picking up?

Koroviev

These are my guesses:

-Final Fantasy Type-0
-Call Of Duty
-Sonic Generations
-RappaTheRapper 2
-KillZone

How about you !?

I want you to be right :(

I was on the fence about whether or not to get a Vita, but with Sony's release of the PlayStation Suite Open Beta -- I'm an aspiring game developer -- I decided what the hell. With a little bit of hunting and watching on eBay, I was able to procure myself a Wi-Fi Vita with ModNation Racers Road Trip and a 4GB memory card for ~$200 late last week. Yesterday my new toy arrived, I unpacked it, set everything up, and all I can say is wow. I feel like the device is capable of far more than my mind can comprehend; I'm used to the what-you-see-is-what-you-get nature of Nintendo's portables.

I went through one or two of the "Welcome Park" activities that show off the features and also downloaded/played the demo of Uncharted. So far I'm pretty impressed. Aside from Uncharted (I loved all three on PS3), any recommendations for games worth picking up?

Wipeout looks incredible and plays great. I've also enjoyed the Lumines and Hot Shots Golf demos. Several people recommend the fighting games (i.e. Marvel vs. Capcom and BlazBlue), but I haven't tried those yet.

darkwing

Mutant Blobs, it's only $8 and it is good

surprised how many people will be sold on vita due to ps1 support.

Why did y'all skip out on psp when that got ps1 support?

VITA is superior hardware, and 2nd stick. PSP was clunky. I didn't skip on the PSP either, had one since launch. But VITA is not offering me enough incentive to jump in, but the PSone support will push me over.

Zoibie

These are my guesses:

-Final Fantasy Type-0
-Call Of Duty
-Sonic Generations
-RappaTheRapper 2
-KillZone

How about you !?

I really hope so. I actually thought it was already announced for the west until a few days ago.

Add an Elder Scrolls Travels game to the list and it would be an amazing E3.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I really hope so. I actually thought it was already announced for the west until a few days ago.

Add an Elder Scrolls Travels game to the list and it would be an amazing E3.

Yeah, or a fallout - maybe fallout with VATS would work better for on the go?

Zoibie

Yeah, or a fallout - maybe fallout with VATS would work better for on the go?

I'm not quite following you. Why would VATS make more sense than real time on a portable?

Either way, I'd absolutely play a Fallout Vita game.

I don't know, did Sony ever manage to sort out the issues with the Bethesda games on PS3?

Most of the people who played it after the patch said it was pretty much fixed, IIRC.

D

Deleted member 53899

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure I must be missing something obvious (but then again, I thought the same on my Android phone and had to download an app to make it work), but how do I access public WiFi spots that require you to use the web browser to log in?

I can connect to them okay, but when I open up the browser it just stays on an empty page.

This page talks about a 'custom' setting in the WiFi settings, but I can't seem to find it:

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/a...r-psp?-system-to-connect-to-a-network-through

I'm sure I must be missing something obvious (but then again, I thought the same on my Android phone and had to download an app to make it work), but how do I access public WiFi spots that require you to use the web browser to log in?

I can connect to them okay, but when I open up the browser it just stays on an empty page.

This page talks about a 'custom' setting in the WiFi settings, but I can't seem to find it:

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/a...r-psp?-system-to-connect-to-a-network-through

did you try going to website? thats what I do and it prompts the log in website for me.

I'm not quite following you. Why would VATS make more sense than real time on a portable?

Either way, I'd absolutely play a Fallout Vita game.

Most of the people who played it after the patch said it was pretty much fixed, IIRC.

He probably meant that VATS system would suck slightly less on VITA ;)

D

Deleted member 53899

Unconfirmed Member
did you try going to website? thats what I do and it prompts the log in website for me.

Sorry, what do you mean? Ah, do you mean I should just try going to google.com and I should be redirected to the sign-in page?

I'm sure I've tried that, but I'll give it another go the next time I'm out

These are my guesses:

-Final Fantasy Type-0
-Call Of Duty
-Sonic Generations
-RappaTheRapper 2
-KillZone

How about you !?

4 new apps. 2 related to music and movies.
5 video game montages of released and already announced games
2 new game announcement with a teaser trailer with nothing but the game logo and developer and music that doesn't make sense.
1 new game announcement with gameplay but won't be out until late 2013 and early 2014.

oh and new bundle which includes a 4GB memory card with same price. (WIFI only) the 3G won't be mentioned at all.

garath

2 new game announcement with a teaser trailer with nothing but the game logo and developer and music that doesn't make sense.
1 new game announcement with gameplay but won't be out until late 2013 and early 2014.

oh and new bundle which includes a 4GB memory card with same price. (WIFI only) the 3G won't be mentioned at all.

So cynical but probably so accurate. :(

Zoibie

Sony were good about the montages last year, bundled them all up into the intro to save time.

You might be too young for it.

lol umad bro?
W7Tcv.gif

Sorry, what do you mean? Ah, do you mean I should just try going to google.com and I should be redirected to the sign-in page?

I'm sure I've tried that, but I'll give it another go the next time I'm out

Yeah thats what I meant excuse the poor grammar. Good Luck, I hope it works for you.

bumpkin

Wipeout looks incredible and plays great. I've also enjoyed the Lumines and Hot Shots Golf demos. Several people recommend the fighting games (i.e. Marvel vs. Capcom and BlazBlue), but I haven't tried those yet.
I've actually never really been into the Wipeout games, but I'll give a demo a whirl and see if time and technology have made the experience more to my liking. I remember never developing an interest in the series much beyond playing the demo I got with my original PSOne a few times.

I had one of the HSG games on the original PSP and on my PS3. I'll give the demo for that a try and see if it's something I want to pick up.

Not so sure about MvC3, if only because I got it on 360 and lost interest pretty quick; just too much going on for me to wrap my head around. I found that I tried to play it like SFIV, and that's simply not the way.

Mutant Blobs, it's only $8 and it is good
Haven't heard of it, but I'll look into it!

Motorstorm RC & Rayman Origins.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Motorstorm RC. I loved RC Pro-Am on the NES and got some moderate mileage out of the Micro Machines game on PSOne. I've already got Rayman Origins on my 360 though.

I know it is being called a PS3 exclusive, but I wish PS All Stars will be announced as coming out for Vita as well and with cross-play.
Yeah, the fact that PS3 is getting those high-profile games as exclusives is mind-boggling. As if PS3 really needs a boost in its twilight years with casual, pick-up-and-play surefire hits.

E3, we needs you to make sense of all this :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom