• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2012

@MUWANdo

Banned
It's made by the company that made Rabi Laby, which looks like a flash game but features a lot of clever and well-designed puzzles. Don't judge a book by its cover.

I was speaking generally, not just in terms of visuals. Lazy metroidvanias are a pet peeve of mine, and this particular game doesn't look particularly noteworthy. The tunes are cool, though.

Capndrake

Since nobody posted it yet, North American update today:

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - APRIL 26, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo 3DS™
Nintendo 3DS System Update – The latest Nintendo 3DS system update is now available. For a full list of what is included, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop
Block Factory – Create and share puzzles with this predefined falling-block puzzle game. Your goal is to avoid filling the playing field to the top. When a block hits the top, the game is over. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Virtual Console™
Super Street Fighter II™: The New Challengers – Battle in elimination tournaments with Ryu's new flaming fireball and Ken's new Dragon Punch. Fight head-to-head locally and compete against other challengers in heated online battles. (For Wii™)

Nintendo Video™
I Fight Dragons Video Premiere – Chiptune rock band I Fight Dragons takes you on a space adventure in the premiere of the music video "Save World Get Girl" on Nintendo Video. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
• Chuck E. Cheese's® Arcade (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download5kmDr269.php.

mclem

Nintendo eShop
Block Factory – Create and share puzzles with this predefined falling-block puzzle game. Your goal is to avoid filling the playing field to the top. When a block hits the top, the game is over. (For Nintendo 3DS)

...what?

Roto13

So that's an entire goddamn month without a 3DS Virtual Console game. Sickening.

At least we get a sixth Wii Virtual Console version of Street Fighter II.

BoxcarWalrus

Neo Member
Virtual Console™
Super Street Fighter II™: The New Challengers – Battle in elimination tournaments with Ryu's new flaming fireball and Ken's new Dragon Punch. Fight head-to-head locally and compete against other challengers in heated online battles. (For Wii™)

What in the...

Why on earth is Nintendo of America so fucking terrible at managing the eShop? Japan is about to get Wario Land 3 on VC, and we still don't even have the first one here in NA.

On a more positive note, Nintendo's year-end financial release includes the following footnote for its 2013 software sales forecast:

Forecasted sales units of Nintendo 3DS software and Wii U software contained in Wii software include the quantity of of the packaged software by means of digital distribution.

So apparently, we actually will see Nintendo launching that sometime this fiscal year, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Roto13

What in the...
Yeah. That's been coming for a while now. Japan also has some version of Puyo Puyo with online play, I think.
I like that Nintendo advertises the System Update as part of the eShop update this week. :/

I dunno, Nintendo might not want to put out any software that would directly compete with folders.

>_>

CONFUSE YOUR FRIENDS BY PUTTING ALL YOUR GAMES IN FOLDERS WITH LETTERS ON THEM

good job nintendo

Except folders are a super convenient addition.

90sRobots

Except folders are a super convenient addition.
They are, but the 3DS should automatically know that I'm loading up a folder with DSiWare games or Game Boy games. I want a little Game Boy icon instead of a folder. Windows OS has been doing context-sensitive folders for years.

Nintendo's really great at implementing stuff that's either undercooked or something nobody asked for at all (transfer pak, connectivity)

Roto13

Well it's fine for me.

F2cQn.jpg

Maxrunner

They are, but the 3DS should automatically know that I'm loading up a folder with DSiWare games or Game Boy games. I want a little Game Boy icon instead of a folder. Windows OS has been doing context-sensitive folders for years.

Nintendo's really great at implementing stuff that's either undercooked or something nobody asked for at all (transfer pak, connectivity)

you do know that full folder name appears in the upper screen right?

90sRobots

Yeah I do. Shit's lazy. I'd rather keep all my apps on the main menu arranged by type, not unlike my phone. Maybe I'll have a folder for all the garbage apps like Nintendo Video.

SSF II is a nice surprise but not totally unexpected since it was announced months ago along with Genny Strider. Anybody get it? How does the online option work exactly? Interested on how they added that on.

Anyways, a whole month with no new 3DS VC games? Rediculous. Nice to see NOA getting a headstart on wrecking our future NiN experience.

90sRobots

Too busy playing HD Remix to give a fuck.

They said going in to the existing ROM and adding online play for games like Mario Kart wasn't possible; guess they were full of shit!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
KpgIw.gif

And an entire 3 months of no GB VC

I understand the Game Boy library is not as deep as some systems with great titles, but there are plenty of titles to throw out, even if they're not headliners. And when you add in Color games, and now Game Gear, it's silly that we don't receive one game per update. Just imagine if we ever start receiving TG-16 games. There will be no Game Boy titles ever. ;_;

I own most of the games I would be (re)buying on the eShop, but I just want them on a device I'll be carrying around with me more than my older systems.

I definitely don't mind taking an extra system with me now and then (the last trip I went on I took my 3DS, GBA and PSP with me). Plus, you're not going to get this kind of treatment on the eShop (pic of my copy of Metroid II):

Metroid3.jpg

Roto13

I'm considering just buying an SP (I have a GBC and regular GBA but they drain batteries and don't have backlight) but I'm sure all of my cartridge batteries are dead and I don't want ot change them.

I'm considering just buying an SP (I have a GBC and regular GBA but they drain batteries and don't have backlight) but I'm sure all of my cartridge batteries are dead and I don't want ot change them.

Make sure to get an AGS-101 (not AGS-001). 101 being the backlit version (sometimes called GBA SP+). Trust me, there's a world of difference.

One of these days I should free up a plug for my AGS-101 and break it out again. I'm certainly not going to get much sympathy from Nintendo of America at this point, that's for sure, and seeing as I already own most of the games I'd want to rebuy...

Might have to break out the SP as well. Lucky enough they released Metroid II since my copy can't hold a save file, otherwise it'll corrupt. I really want KDL2 here because my copy doesn't work properly anymore. I will have to rebuy the WL Trilogy, even though I only ever owned the first game.

zigg

Make sure to get an AGS-101 (not AGS-001). 101 being the backlit version (sometimes called GBA SP+). Trust me, there's a world of difference.
Yes, but with many GBC games the LCD refresh makes things blurry as hell when sprites or backgrounds move. The front-lit original SP has a much more GBC-friendly refresh.

Yes, but with many GBC games the LCD refresh makes things blurry as hell when sprites or backgrounds move. The front-lit original SP has a much more GBC-friendly refresh.

Really? I owned both revisions and IMHO it's not a majorly noticeable problem. Plus, I'd much rather have the improved color contrast/crispness over the first system's poorly tacked on lights. As an example, I definitely prefer SMB DX on my 2nd rev GBA, looks so amazing (and with its bonus content makes one instantly forget about the NES Classics version).

isny

napkin dispenser
What?! No Kirby's Block Ball...? :( Maybe they're going to release it tomorrow instead for Kirby's 20th anniversary...

Insert Haddock .gif

Seriously though, no new VC games? Nintendo, I am disappoint, but I should be used to that by now from you =(

Effect

If I didn't have Xenoblade to play through I'd be really disappointed by the release schedule for the NA eShop. I wonder what is going on there. If they're holding back games or if there just isn't a lot of development taking place on it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If I didn't have Xenoblade to play through I'd be really disappointed by the release schedule for the NA eShop. I wonder what is going on there. If they're holding back games or if there just isn't a lot of development taking place on it.

It's not slowed down NCL from their releases, but NOA seems to basically be free to decide how their own release schedule for digital content goes. Which means, no releases.

Maybe they're seeing an increase in unique eShop content without Virtual Console eating away at those sales? I wish I knew their logic as well.

Top Bottom