• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Trey

But how should I criticize something if I do not know how it plays? The only thing you can complain right now is that 343i does not clarify these controversial points. Or the look. But in terms for Gameplay, I do think that at this point you can only complain if you played the game. But you can say that you fear this feature.

They can talk about how these systems sound on paper and theorize thereof. However, most (from what I see) don't actually break things down and express why they dislike the features, they just know how the worked in other games and base their distaste upon that. Which is reasonable if not somewhat shortsighted...

Press B to crouch

Fuck!

zap

Judging from Killa KC's imnpressions, I would say that the DMR bloom is more like the bloom on the Sniper in Reach - doesn't affect your shots, just tells you when to next pull the trigger. A visual aid to get the timing right (correct me if I am wrong Frankie).

I am intrigued to how well the weapon balance will feel when having to choose DMR or BR - I hope it's only a 2x scope on the DMR, or else BTB will have only DMRs and end up like Reach - everyone turtling.

Pistol that is less powerful than DMR/BR (can shoot faster but has bloom) makes me wonder how useful it will actually be. Especially with a clip of 8! One kill then reload? :/

The game is sounding fun, but I do have reservations, the perks worry me, but I will wait until proper explanation comes out before judging.

Halo 4 sounds more complex than Reach. It adds a new action button with ubiquitous Sprint (after Reach already added one for Armor Ability) and it has bloom, recoil, and spread.

I like the complexity Reach added, but won't making gameplay more complex steepen the learning curve for new players? I know there are other things, like the changes outlined in GI's reporting, that are being done in consideration for newbies, but minding the complexity of gameplay is of paramount importance in promoting accessibility.

Sprint on L3 and B to crouch will likely reduce the learning curve (everyone who plays games is familia with cod controls).

FyreWulff

Just got out of the grocery store...my change?...3.43

Niiiiice

Ha. Just got back from applying for my passport and stopped by the store.. came home to show the change I got, and saw you did it too. 343: Change we can believe in?

jyuyO.jpg

Also, I didn't know they took your actual birth certificate when you apply for a passport. I feel so.. undocumented right now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ha. Just got back from applying for my passport and stopped by the store.. came home to show the change I got, and saw you did it too. 343: Change we can believe in?

jyuyO.jpg

Also, I didn't know they took your actual birth certificate when you apply for a passport. I feel so.. undocumented right now.

If you die when you're between docs you cease to exist and Dolan Trump gets to drink your blood and grow more toilet hair out of his scalp.

I don't need to eat a turd to know it tastes bad.

1334777880137.jpg

lol'd

But seriously, I don't think anyone here criticises out of hate or spite. As far as I can tell, everyone here pretty much loves Halo or they wouldn't have stayed around and posted for this long. If the game and franchise they love is seemingly moving in a different direction to what they'd prefer, there's no reason they should stay their tongue. It's what forums are for.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

jyuyO.jpg

Wow weird

FyreWulff

Oh also by the way, in addition to the Invasion content the CCs are still looking for, we're also now looking for content for the Anniversary lists. Anything that can slot into Anni Classic, Anni FFA, or Anni BTB is welcome in my inbox.

Just need your gamertag and a map name.

I don't want no crouchin' on my stinkin' B-button, though. B's for bashin', that's why it's called B.

Give me a scheme like Halo 3 and let me put my armor ability on X or something. Keep Sprint on the Left Bumper. Real men use Recon and all that.

Sai-kun

Banned
sorry to be an annoying nerd and repost this but

so stalker and i were talking today while (not) playing and he convinced me to go looking for flights to PAX....so my question is, how much do hotels/a place to stay (that are near the con center) cost? Flying out to seatac from chicago and back is around $450 from what I found in a quick search, might be able to find something cheaper but I'm not sure. Either way it's a bit pricey with just that. I'd also need to (obviously) get a pass for the con, and I don't know how much that is.

Thanks in advance for any tips/help :)

Also, the con probably wraps up early on Sunday, right? So I should be look for a flight back on that day, and not monday, correct?

FyreWulff

sorry to be an annoying nerd and repost this but

Also, the con probably wraps up early on Sunday, right? So I should be look for a flight back on that day, and not monday, correct?

I always fly back on the Monday, it's usually cheaper if I leave on Monday (early) than on Sunday.

But I also wait a while before getting tickets, since I can get them cheaper when they're getting desperate to finish filling up a flight.

Hotels next to the center run around 150-180 a night, I think, but it also depends on how willing you are to room share.

FyreWulff

Super risky from the UK thou right?

I'm not aware of the difficulties flying out international. I guess it could be riskier to wait, I'd probably try to find someone that's flown from the UK.

I bought my plane tickets something like 3 weeks before PAX last year. From Omaha -> Minnesota -> Seattle then Seattle -> Salt Lake City -> Omaha was 340$ for me. If I had bought them a week earlier it would have been 450$. I usually try to wait until a month out

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The DMR was single shot with bloom. However, the bloom reset much faster than the DMR in Halo Reach. I didn't have to pace my shots much at all. Both the DMR and BR were 5-shot weapons in this build. At the end of the night, I preferred the DMR. It shot faster than the BR, took the same amount of shots to kill, and I didn't feel like the bloom made me miss shots all that often.
Bow down to your DMR overlord, team BR BK.

GhaleonEB

jyuyO.jpg

Where do you live? I haven't seen a Hy-Vee since I left Iowa. My wife used to work at one.

We have the best slides ever.

Read as Hands On Louis Wu. Felt conflicted.

Top Bottom