• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The colors could do with some more saturation, but it looks fun, and the moment I saw Parappa, I freaked out.

The moment I see something about Sir Dan, I'm pre-ordering it.

I think being animated at 20fps would be enough of a handicap.

p4f8k.jpg

Drencrom

And definitely agree on the whole Crash deal. Original character design or don't bother to include him.
Level 3 Super
http://images.wikia.com/crashban/images/b/b2/Crashandakuaku.jpg[IMG]
Victory Dance
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcxgtjPunt1qcm4rfo1_250.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

No doubt about that og Crash would be a blast to play, but this guy is a must have.

[IMG]http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/139/08c0b4ea85294c93a6775648fa812240/p.png

So what type of modes you guys want to see?

A Hit point mode/setting :) They already said that they are working on a story mode and a stock mode.

Well you mean aside from variations on the simple fight mode like timed or stock based, tournaments, how you divide the 4 players into teams, etc? I'd consider all of that settings rather than new modes.

I'm not really sure what this genre of games really has to offer in terms of unique modes. I know everyone seems to hate it, but in regards to what Ragdoll Kung Fu did for other game modes there was King of the Hill thing and the whole throw-fish-into-a-basket idea. Crummy gameplay mechanics aside the modes were pretty fun. What else does SSB offer in terms of modes? I love SSB to death but never really sat down and explored everything with it, usually just hop on when some friends already have it set up and play the basic "KO everyone and win."

ReaperXL7

Well i'm personally hoping for a solid single player mode with tons of unlocks(characters, Skins, etc).

We have actually gotten some confirmation on the types of modes that will be available in the game, but I would not mind a sort of challage mode. Something similar to the challange tower from MK, but obviously more geard to Battle Royale.

Also really curious how the training mode will turn out, i'm always interested in training modes to test out things, or just mess with the game in general or characters that I don't normally use.

Other than what they talked about, I don't know what else they could add for multiplayer. I am curious what the "special" event battles will be though, wonder if it's special events created by the dev team.

No doubt about that og Crash would be a blast to play, but this guy is a must have.

p.png

A Hit point mode/setting :) They already said that they are working on a story mode and a stock mode.

I doubt the stock mode will suddenly have health, most likely it's just a race to target number of kill rather than time limited to see your score.or limited lives for every player and you have to be the last man standing, but you still need super for your kill

Loudninja

Well you mean aside from variations on the simple fight mode like timed or stock based, tournaments, how you divide the 4 players into teams, etc? I'd consider all of that settings rather than new modes.

I'm not really sure what this genre of games really has to offer in terms of unique modes. I know everyone seems to hate it, but in regards to what Ragdoll Kung Fu did for other game modes there was King of the Hill thing and the whole throw-fish-into-a-basket idea. Crummy gameplay mechanics aside the modes were pretty fun. What else does SSB offer in terms of modes? I love SSB to death but never really sat down and explored everything with it, usually just hop on when some friends already have it set up and play the basic "KO everyone and win."
The game modes so far:

Single player:
Story Mode
Combat Trials
Arcade mode

Online:
Tournament mode
Special Event Battle
Custom Matches

One interesting thing to note is that you can get prizes in arcade mode.

Darknight

I think Crash/Spyro/OG Lara Croft could be possible just need approval of old school design by their owners. FF7 Cloud needs to be from the 2006 PS3 tech demo. Also an "unknown" warrior from King's Field would be sick as FROM has been making PS1 games since day1.

I doubt the stock mode will suddenly have health, most likely it's just a race to target number of kill rather than time limited to see your score.
I believe they said they would also have a separate hit-points based setting as well and you could play the stock mode with either that or supers.

On an unrelated note, noticed I got upgraded to "member" status. Ahhhh yeeaaah, time to make the most absurd, ridiculous, and pointless threads ever!
nah, I'll probably never make a single one.

edit: damn double post, assumed someone would of commented by now. Shame on me.

The game modes so far:

Single player:
Story Mode
Combat Trials
Arcade mode

Online:
Tournament mode
Special Event Battle
Custom Matches

You know what would be fun is a horde mode. Allow you to play by yourself or with 3 other friends and try to survive the never ending onslaught of AI enemies.

Also what about something similar to one of the competitive modes in Borderlands. Playing competitive Borderlands is a joke since its completely dependent on rank and gear, but it had a fun idea. Four players but only two compete at a time while the other two spectate. If you KO your opponent you get a point and he goes to the back of the line and you face off against the next guy in line and so on and on.

edit: damn double post, assumed someone would of commented by now. Shame on me.

You know what would be fun is a horde mode. Allow you to play by yourself or with 3 other friends and try to survive the never ending onslaught of AI enemies.

Also what about something similar to one of the competitive modes in Borderlands. Playing competitive Borderlands is a joke since its completely dependent on rank and gear, but it had a fun idea. Four players but only two compete at a time while the other two spectate. If you KO your opponent you get a point and he goes to the back of the line and you face off against the next guy in line and so on and on.

Surviving hordes of patapons and locoroccos?
IiGIXl.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How about a group of Patapon characters as one character. I'd like to see those tiny little things beat up Kratos.

I can only see it in Patapon 3's grouping (1 Hero + 3 Generics).

The playstyle could be switching between the basic classes: Yaripon (spear), Yumipon (bow) and Tatepon (sword+shield).

Level 1 super = transforms to second tier classes for a short time. Megapon (horn), Dekapon (giant club), Kibapon (horseback)

Level 2 super = transforms into third tier classes for a short time. Toripon (bird), Robopon (dual fists), Mahopon (mage)

Level 3 super = earthquake miracle... I think it was called Shock and Awe Miracle.

Transformation depends on your current class. Like, if you're a Yaripon, you transform into Kibapon or Toripon.

cyborg009

Banned
The game modes so far:

Single player:
Story Mode
Combat Trials
Arcade mode

Online:
Tournament mode
Special Event Battle
Custom Matches

they should have that labyrinth mode and card system from dissidia

Kurtofan

I hope they will do several themes per levels like in Brawl, that was nice to be able to choose which songs to play.

Story mode is confirmed?

How about a group of Patapon characters as one character. I'd like to see those tiny little things beat up Kratos.

if Patapon become a character, you'll either play the flag bearer and summon other unit as your normal attacks. or play as one of the hero unit from later Patapon

honestly, I prefer if you play as flag bearer, they look more iconic Patapon than the hero unit.

if I'm Sony, I will make a museum mode where you see character history and data etc and in said character data, have a link that bring you straight to PSN store. like if you see Fat Princess character data, you can go straight to Fat Princess page on psn store and buy the game. same with Parappa that will have link to Parappa PS1 game or PSP port etc.

I've never played any smash bros games and never really felt a need to

But this game with all the playstation characters just reaches out to me much more.

I want to see the full roster though, going to be a while to unveil them all

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
if I'm Sony, I will make a museum mode where you see character history and data etc and in said character data, have a link that bring you straight to PSN store. like if you see Fat Princess character data, you can go straight to Fat Princess page on psn store and buy the game. same with Parappa that will have link to Parappa PS1 game or PSP port etc.

That would be smart as fuck.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Yeah, they at least need to have a short bio section describing the character and the games they are from.
I don't know every single character ever made for playstation consoles, so i'd love to read up on them.

And a link to the PSN store would be clever indeed.

I believe they said they would also have a separate hit-points based setting as well and you could play the stock mode with either that or supers.

On an unrelated note, noticed I got upgraded to "member" status. Ahhhh yeeaaah, time to make the most absurd, ridiculous, and pointless threads ever!
nah, I'll probably never make a single one.

Source please :( I keep seeing people mention this a lot but I just want to know because I REALLY want a hit points alternative to the main mode. That's literally my only gripe with the game. Also congrats!

No tripping?!?!?!

Nice :D

Hopefully theres options to turn everything off ala *item switch mode* So it can cater to everyone.

Also, the PS3 can patch! Dude this has amazing potential.

Wow I'm pretty hype for this. I pray to god Spyro is in this. There's just something bout that dragon yo.

THIS IS HUGE. Haha if they had a dojo I'd cream everyday theres an update lmao

I still think its a shame if Radec's level 3 super isnt summoning a helghast gunship.

EDIT:

Also this guy better be in it:

apeEscape2_051403_10.jpg

And definitely agree on the whole Crash deal. Original character design or don't bother to include him.
Level 3 Super
Crashandakuaku.jpg

Victory Dance
tumblr_lcxgtjPunt1qcm4rfo1_250.gif

Emphasised for the glorious truth. Heard!

Loudninja

Anyone else agree with only having one character per franchise for this game?I want them to fit in as many unique characters across many games.

The sequels could start adding characters for the same franchises.

Send this idea to @yosp, Sony or whatever and collect your money.

KillGore

I would like a mode where each player picks multiple characters (three for example) and when they kill that character 3-5 times, it will be replaced by the next character you pick. Same goes for the other players. The player who has the last standing character at the end is the winner.

Anyone else agree with only having one character per franchise for this game?I want them to fit in as many unique characters across many games.

I agree. Even if they add nameless characters, I would be fine with it.

That would also add another difference between All-Stars and Smash Bros. So much of that roster is made up from the same franchises.

Loudninja

I would like a mode where each player picks multiple characters (three for example) and when they kill that character 3-5 times, it will be replaced by the next character you pick. Same goes for the other players. The player who has the last standing character at the end is the winner.

I agree. Even if they add nameless characters, I would be fine with it.

Variety is always great, if its 24 characters I want 24 different games!

That would also add another difference between All-Stars and Smash Bros. So much of that roster is made up from the same franchises.
Thats fine too,so far from what we seen every character is from a different game so that is encouraging.

Sponge

Banned
All this Crash stuff makes me realize that Sony should drop some dollars to either buy him back, or collaborate with Activison.

All this Crash stuff makes me realize that Sony should drop some dollars to either buy him back, or collaborate with Activison.

I don't think that it would ever be the same. Universal and Activision ran the game quality into the ground. And who knows if Naughty Dog would have any interest in developing games in the series again.

Liamario

Banned
I seriously doubt naughty dog would have any interest in developing another crash bandicoot game.
I never liked the design and the character to me is highly unappealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom