• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

WJD

5zQI7.jpg

Looks good. I've always been curious to see how Chief's armour would look in a live action movie (under the assumption that it'd probably look cheesy) but that that doesn't look bat at all.

474133_10150775059834184_204573464183_9266941_1301100814_o.jpg

We've made a similar comparison in France, and everyone is okay to say the DMR in Reach looks way better than the Halo 4's DMR.

It has been a while since I went on NeoGaf, but someone has already noticed the grade system for Halo 4 seems to be very similar to Reach ? Maybe it's just some placeholders. David ? Frank ?

Bit late on replying, but this further makes me like the Reach DMR a lot more.

Could you guys do me a favor and fill out this super short survey for me? It's for a group project in one of my classes. Should take you like 20 seconds tops. http://cengageessentials.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0p0EtGj4NORCryI

Done.

NEW NEWS?

Not sure if posted:

Source.

Sounds fantastic! :D
Awesome! Whats interesting is this may mean no live action commercials, so I wonder how they plan to fill that realm.

Sexy shoulders. If only..... But seriously, that looks great, how long til we can see the front? =P

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Looks good. I've always been curious to see how Chief's armour would look in a live action movie (under the assumption that it'd probably look cheesy) but that that doesn't look bat at all.
It'll look a lot more 'real' in scenes. These are shots from the prop house, not the set. Filming starts VERY soon. I am going to go get some hot bros and pick up some smoothies in the Warthog.

GhaleonEB

TheOddOne

Neil Blomkamp
Rupert Sanders for ODST
Noan Murro for Reach

Which makes guessing Halo 4's director quite hard.
Neil seems to not want to touch Halo anymore, maby he would do the shorts though.
Rupert seems busy with the Huntsman movie, which buzz is a sequel is already in production.
Noan Murro is making the 300 prequel (Yes, I am not joking), so he might not do it.

So, yeah none of them would be committed to the project.

I would guess odds are it is someone new (to Halo) directing this

It'll look a lot more 'real' in scenes. These are shots from the prop house, not the set. Filming starts VERY soon. I am going to go get some hot bros and pick up some smoothies in the Warthog.

Guess you can't talk about what studio made it yet, can you..?

I cannot wait to see more.

Neil seems to not want to touch Halo anymore, maby he would do the shorts though.
Rupert seems busy with the Huntsman movie, which buzz is a sequel is already in production.
Noan Murro is making the 300 prequel (Yes, I am not joking), so he might not do it.

So, yeah none of them would be committed to the project.

Oh I realise this. :p

What im trying to say is that Microsoft seems to go for directors that are right for the project rather than big Hollywood ones.

I await the reveal of said director.

TheOddOne

Oh I realise this. :p

What im trying to say is that Microsoft seems to go for directors that are right for the project rather than big Hollywood ones.

I await the reveal of said director.
:p

I have to give it to MS for picking intresting directors, all of the previous guys have either landed great movie gigs or have already created a classic (District 9). So I can't wait for who they have lined up for this project.

If it's anything like Bright Falls then I'll be over the moon.

Hydra - my cynicism was over
1) the using of Deliver Hope etc as the main tv advertising component. I think it's dirty/disengenuos method of game advertising.
2) the unimpressive shorts like 'Birth of a Spartan'

Fellow Gaffers, are the two Reach map packs worth the purchase? I want to get back into Reach during the summer since there isn't that much activity on Halo 3, sadly. Should I get both map packs or one in particular?

I have Anniversary too.

Homeboyd

Fellow Gaffers, are the two Reach map packs worth the purchase? I want to get back into Reach during the summer since there isn't that much activity on Halo 3, sadly. Should I get both map packs or one in particular?

I have Anniversary too.

I'd personally recommend them both.. depending on how much you want to play Reach. Both have quality maps and the Defiant has 1 FF map if you're into that. Check these out if you haven't seen them:

Noble Map Pack Article | Trailer
Defiant Map Pack Article - Trailer included

Gazzawa

I have Anniversary too.

wait for a discount. i did. they were meh

Overdoziz

Banned

I have Anniversary too.
I don't think I particularly like any of the maps in the first two map packs.

Karl2177

If you like Firefight, I would strongly recommend Defiant. If you like Invasion, I would strongly recommend Noble. If you aren't too big on either, wait until a sale.

Reason being:
Noble-
Anchor 9- good, but space section is poor
Tempest- good, but plays pretty poorly unless it is 6v6.
Breakpoint- best Invasion map

Defiant-
Condemned- decent, but space section makes it bad
Highlands- decent design, but weapon spawns are poor
Unearthed- good Firefight map

feel

I have Anniversary too.
Those maps are all pretty bad one way or another, only get them if you want the visual variety.

GRACIAS DIOS BASADO!

No joke. I'm surprised Frankie framed this as not being a big deal. This is a big deal for me. A little bit more than baby steps towards a Halo TV series or Film.

That's big news for the property and a great move by 343. Someday I'd like to know where the impetus for this came from (was it planned from day 1 when 343 began?).

Good times.

Reach has some pretty good maps, but none of them are great like a lot of Halo 2 and 3 maps.

Countdown
Reflection
Boardwalk
Tempest
Condemned
Highlands
Breakpoint

none of those great(besides Reflection) but they are still pretty good. Reach just doesn't have enough maps and none of the Anniversary maps really fit Reach's sandbox.

Fuchsdh

Reach has some pretty good maps, but none of them are great like a lot of Halo 2 and 3 maps.

Countdown
Reflection
Boardwalk
Tempest
Condemned
Highlands
Breakpoint

none of those great(besides Reflection) but they are still pretty good. Reach just doesn't have enough maps and none of the Anniversary maps really fit Reach's sandbox.
I'd say the Anniv maps work fine in heir own playlists, it's the Reach/AA variants that don't (although High Noon definitely fixes a lot of he issues the original map always had.)

Countdown
Reflection
Boardwalk
Tempest
Condemned
Highlands
Breakpoint

Meh, I'd say the only good original maps Reach has are Zealot, Powerhouse and Tempest. All other maps are decent or just plain bad.

Overdoziz

Banned
Countdown - ruined by the shotgun and sword
Reflection - ruined by being Reflection
Boardwalk - is more of a 5v5/6v6 maps than 4v4
Tempest - hide in the rocks, win
Condemned - space, 6v6
Highlands - camp in the base 24/7
Breakpoint - Invasion lawl

MLG Sanctuary is probably my favorite Reach map.

Countdown
Reflection
Boardwalk
Tempest
Condemned
Highlands
Breakpoint

Have you tried the Anniversary ones? They're awesome. Headlong rules. I would play maps like Headlong, Zanzibar (in Halo3) and Powerhouse all the time. Those types are my favorites. I dont like the Symmetrical ones in general. Too predictable.

Arnie

MLG Sanctuary is probably my favorite Reach map.

I'm not at home so I don't have access to my many number of facepalm gifs. But I can't stand Sanctuary in MLG.

What annoys me most is that I didn't buy the second map pack, so for some reason I never seem to get Beaver Creek in the MLG rotation, despite it not being a Defiance map.
Everything is connected. But everything will work as a standalone piece.

It's different. But it's still Halo.

kidding brah, sounds good

I'm not at home so I don't have access to my many number of facepalm gifs. But I can't stand Sanctuary in MLG.

What annoys me most is that I didn't buy the second map pack, so for some reason I never seem to get Beaver Creek in the MLG rotation, despite it not being a Defiance map.

Huh, why would that be the case? I think I've played MLG Beaver Creek with a friend who didn't have the defiant map pack. Maybe you're just having bad luck?

Not seeing Beaver Creek in MLG doesn't have to do with not having Defiant. DLC matching in Reach just doesn't work.

Why not? Sanctuary is probably one of my favorite Halo maps.

I love Sanctuary.

Asylum and the version in the MLG playlist are not Sanctuary.

Striker

Have you tried the Anniversary ones? They're awesome. Headlong rules. I would play maps like Headlong, Zanzibar (in Halo3) and Powerhouse all the time. Those types are my favorites. I dont like the Symmetrical ones in general. Too predictable.
The bad, awful version of Zanzibar, you mean?

Top Bottom