• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer (the real one) [Up: Roll Call video]

Effect

Setting looks pretty interesting. I really enjoyed Black Ops so I'm on board and day one this time around. I wonder if that was a mixture of footage from various versions. Some screens looked better then others. Or if it was just unfinished footage consider we're still several months away.

Salsa

Black Ops II

DIMVT.png

kCpAP.png

CdpRv.png

TyDEq.png

EBjss.png

Deus Ex: HR

CPMQQ.png

PlzDY.png

hM3pw.png

428843000.jpg

The soundtrack pretty much seals the deal on them using it as inspiration in some way even if just for the trailer.

If you're gonna be inspired by something might as well be one of the best games this gen. Cool with me, just a bit weirded out about it.

I don't think they understand what was so compelling about COD4 from a conceptual standpoint. But then again neither did IW, by the look of MW2 and 3.

What was that ? The new frontier in scripted events and player assistance ? The change of setting ? The scale ? The intensity getting toned up ?

Conor 419

Banned
The game looks good but...kinda standard. It doesn't look like it'll be as exciting as the MW3 campaign, I'll probably rent this one. CoD titles do have really good campaigns, so I'm definitely going to play that at least.

Graphically? 'Pretty good', not exactly Halo 4 impressive though.

Zebra

I guess I'm in the minority.

I was done will call of duty and remain so. :( It doesn't look interesting to me at all.

witness

Hmmmm, certainly doesn't look as good as it use to. Textures just look really fucking blurry to me and the models are nothing special. That dialogue was terrible.

Treyarch does make the superior game though, so I just want more details.

knitoe

Wow. Graphics look like shit. This can't be the IW COD engine. Is it still running the crappy Treyarch engine?

My eyes.. they are bleeding.. game is so ugly.
I feel like the only thing that will separate this game from the last 7 is going to be futuristic kill streaks.

Haunted

Those saying that this looks dated graphically. What exactly are you comparing it to? I think this look about on par with what we're seeing with other console games.
"Looks ok for a console game" is the new "looks good for a Wii game". Backhanded compliments all around!

A video game with CoD's kind of budget and focus on presentation should not look like this in 2012. Can't unsee those textures. If Wii jaggies gouged out people's eyes, I'm drowning in the swamp of these muddy textures.

feel

Looks cool (at least on the iphone screen I watched it on), might buy now that they're mixing things up with the futuristic setting.
This game will break all the sales records, people seem more into the Black Ops name now than modern warfare.

Those saying that this looks dated graphically. What exactly are you comparing it to? I think this look about on par with what we're seeing with other console games.
Halo 4 comes out a week before it and is looking A LOT better.

AleeN634

I'll give them at least its intriguing by moving it to the near-future. Dunno if its the video compression but the engine is definitely showing its age in some places. Still its enough to keep Call of Duty on my radar (for now).

I dont even like CoD games and I thought that was amazing. This is the most hyped I have been for a CoD game. The premise sounds fantastic.

Darknight

Not... quite. I'd say wait for more info. NDA NDA NDA dammit, this blows.

I think its like a tactical stage where you control the ship thing in first person, and you can send your units to where to are looking at, in real time, while moving on about and avoiding/blasting shit around you at the same time with the ship's machinery. So its not scripted. How close am I?

Because gameplay and 60fps are sometimes better than amazing graphics?

This will be on my long list of game purchases this fall.

You are pathetic if you accept that kind of shit with the budget Activision has for marketing this game instead of making it LOOK better.

Sorry for the harshness, but I'd like for fans to always demand more from their favorite game. Especially when you know where money is being moved around.

I think its like a tactical stage where you control the ship thing in first person, and you can send your units to where to are looking at, in real time, while moving on about and avoiding/blasting shit around you at the same time with the ship's machinery. So its not scripted. How close am I?

50%

You are pathetic if you accept that kind of shit with the budget Activision has for marketing this game instead of making it LOOK better.

You know why not every game runs 60fps? Because it's hard. It's easy to slap on shaders and go for 24fps that looks great but plays like you're in a tub of jello. I'll take "sub par" graphics at 60fps over "eyecandy" and shitty feeling gameplay, any.fucking.day.

Yes, ideally you want both. But you can't always have both.

Top Bottom