• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

And it'll have the same market share as WP7 3%. I'm really going to lol if Jellybean comes out before ICS is on 40% of Android devices.

Doesn't WP7 support full hardware acceleration?
That's 3% of android devices ... which is like 75x WP market share

Question for you WP owners. I dont know whats going on. I sent pic from my Samsung Vibrant on my phone to my email, it is a 5mp camera and the pic is big, file size is like 1583kb. Now i sent a pic from my HTC Titan 2 which is 16mp camera and the pic is smaller size and file is 523kb how is this possible?!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
it depends on the size, quality and complexity of the image.

are the settings roughly the same? I can't imagine a photo that's only 523kb being very good at that resolution.

edit: or I misunderstood the question and they're being resized in the email client like PG2G said.

PG2G

Question for you WP owners. I dont know whats going on. I sent pic from my Samsung Vibrant on my phone to my email, it is a 5mp camera and the pic is big, file size is like 1583kb. Now i sent a pic from my HTC Titan 2 which is 16mp camera and the pic is smaller size and file is 523kb how is this possible?!

Looks like images are resized when sent via email. I have an image that sync'd over Zune that is ~900k, the same image is ~400k in an email i just sent to myself.

Looks like images are resized when sent via email. I have an image that sync'd over Zune that is ~900k, the same image is ~400k in an email i just sent to myself.

So if i sync it it will be noncompressed or what? There is no way to send via email full size? I will try this out later and see, thanks

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I think WP-GAF should stick together, and so I propose we all follow each other on twitter! Everyone should post their twitter handle and we can have our crew on GAF and Twitter too!

I'll start...

@Vanillalite
I don't really use twitter. But w/e @xpforr

Also I was watching the first iPhone keynote that was back in 07. And I am just kinda weirded out by how far weve come from then. And how unchanged iOS is.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well I added everyone who really wanted to be a part of this. The rest of you can just be uncool and not share your twitter addy. P

Gaspode_T

My twitter is @gaspode_t , wish I could post more there and here but I enjoy being employed

PAC man kart is out, first local multiplayer game...hmmm...

Wordament is still keeping me busy, I like Taptitude too

kehs

Banned
My pops just looked at my galaxy nexus with windows launcher 7 running and said "woa that's different, that mine looks pretty cool". He's rocking a nexus s. Hah.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/2/2994907/windows-phone-developer-summit-june-20-21-california-SF

Screen_Shot_2012-05-02_at_2.40.38_PM_large_verge_medium_landscape.png

Apollo announcement!?!?!

jedimike

Sucks doesn't it. I have people on Sprint, Tmobile and Verizon that want WP7 devices after playing with mine but have no real options.

I was in that situation... I moved to ATT after I swore I wouldn't. I greatly prefer Sprint and T-mobile over Verizon and ATT. But I knew I was done with android and iOS so I had to go where the phones I wanted were.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I was in that situation... I moved to ATT after I swore I wouldn't. I greatly prefer Sprint and T-mobile over Verizon and ATT. But I knew I was done with android and iOS so I had to go where the phones I wanted were.

So what are your impressions of the OS so far?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Whenever I see a SkydDive review for Windows Phone on tech blogs, they only talk about the app. That's fine, since its a damn good app, but for documents, the built in integration in the Office hub is simply superb. I've used the desktop app at home to move my school work and other important documents, and they appear in the Office hub and I can view them, edit them....no app needed and its super seamless.

I guess the focus for these blogs is on consumer stuff like pictures and music, but for me, the Office hub integration is what makes the SkyDrive updates so compelling. I always loved that OneNote worked so easily across all my devices (laptop, desktop, phone), but before the SkyDrive update, treating documents the same way was just obtuse and dumb, I hated the web interface and hated the uploading process. The desktop app took care of all of that.

dLMN8R

Well the problem is that no one who reviews this stuff actually uses it as their main phone. I'm convinced that 99% of people who own and use Windows Phone every day know more about how it works than the vast majority of people who review them.

Still today I hear regularly on podcasts like TWiT and Tech News Today people who practically know nothing about how Windows Phone works.

MarkusRJR

I literally just realized how intense the smartphone wars are going to be later this year. Jelly bean, iOS 6, Windows Phone 8, Blackberry 10, and Open WebOS all in a 6 month period. Shit is going to hit the fan.

sogood.gif

Cipherr

I literally just realized how intense the smartphone wars are going to be later this year. Jelly bean, iOS 6, Windows Phone 8, Blackberry 10, and Open WebOS all in a 6 month period. Shit is going to hit the fan.

sogood.gif

Should be around the time we see A15 based phones too. Will be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom