• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say the Wii-U has a completely new reveal this E3 - it's quite a bit different from what Nintendo showed before. It is more powerful in every way than modern gaming computers, costs $300, and has the best launch lineup ever, comes packed with a new Zelda game and F-Zero. It supports up to 4 screen units per system.

But it requires that you wear this:

toshiba_bubble_helmet.jpg

Do you buy it?

"YOU ARE THE CAMERA"

Looks like reverse Kinect, so no, I'd pass.

Instro

next question about Killer Freak then would be do we first see it on Monday June 4th at Ubisoft's presentation or Tuesday Morning?

the other question is if CAPCOM is too busy to port RE6 at launch for WiiU what do they have at Launch? They can't possibly have not prepared anything

Probably a Dragon's Dogma port, since that is complete now, assuming its not complete shit. And a fighting game at least. I wonder if the HD versions of Ace Attorney are in the cards as well for the Wii U eshop.

With DD finished they'll have a lot of staff to move around and working on new projects.

next question about Killer Freak then would be do we first see it on Monday June 4th at Ubisoft's presentation or Tuesday Morning?

the other question is if CAPCOM is too busy to port RE6 at launch for WiiU what do they have at Launch? They can't possibly have not prepared anything

We'll either see it at Nintendo's conference or on the show floor.
Not before.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
We've come a long way...

stages

I wonder what their stage setup will look like this year. It's always intriguing.

Their stage last year was AMAZING. I honestly just hope they keep it like that. The intro to the 3DS games... my god that looked good.

EDIT: Nintendo really should acknowledge "My body is ready!" :p

Glass Joe

Their stage last year was AMAZING. I honestly just hope they keep it like that. The intro to the 3DS games... my god that looked good.

EDIT: Nintendo really should acknowledge "My body is ready!" :p

Lol. Just a quip when showing off Wii U Fit. "Are you ready to step on the scale, Reggie?" "Yes. My body is ready!"

donny2112

Third-Parties finally being able to show what games they're launching on Wii U will be a great part of E3. Looking forward to seeing what Treyarch does with Black Ops 2 on Wii U. The RTS part may just be on the touchscreen.

Last years stage setup was fantastic. One of the best i've ever seen.

I doubt they'll do the orchestra again, which was a really cool addition, but they should have something big.

I just hope we don't have another one of these this year.
\

And I expect Scott Moffit to be present on stage in some way.

Pretty much impossible for a repeat of 2008 for two reasons.

1. No more Cammie.
2. Nintendo apologized for that E3, so yeah...

As for Scott, he may be too new at the company to get on stage, but we'll see. He could certainly be the new blood they need in NA.

The stage this year better be epic beyond all imagination of our meager minds. Just all the creativity, precision, brilliance of the minds of NCL distilled and whittled down into one crystalline and focused message.

It needs to be a masterpiece of concision, acres of impenetrable biz/market bullshit at past E3's have to be whittled down to a simple pithy definition of what this E3 2012 show is all about. When you strip away all the pretentious hogwash about market leadership, and innovation and all the other flim flam, that's what you'll be left with "Your Body isn't ready, never was, and Nintendo reigns supreme"..."Wii U Xmas 2012".

I doubt they'll do the orchestra again, which was a really cool addition, but they should have something big.

Pretty much impossible for a repeat of 2008 for two reasons.

1. No more Cammie.
2. Nintendo apologized for that E3, so yeah...

As for Scott, he may be too new at the company to get on stage, but we'll see. He could certainly be the new blood they need in NA.

Cammie joined near the end of 2007 and she was on stage at E3 2008. :p

BoSox06DH

I'm extremely excited for Nintendo will reveal for the Wii U. I almost don't care about Sony and Microsoft's presentations, but that was my thought process last E3. Can't believe we're almost a month away from E3, crazy how quick a years passes by.

hopefully it has the gameplay to match, I always envisioned it somewhere between resident evil if it were and FPS and left 4 dead.

Instead it will be some really shallow easy game with shallow multiplayer or coop and shallow everything. But hey it might look pretty :p

We'll see. Considering what they showed, they at least seem to be on the right track. The one MP mode that was a cross between an RTS and FPS was pretty interesting despite being early.

such a strange game concept. I hope you are right that it can pull off great visuals not sure if I'll be buying though

I would have been happier with RedSteel 3 at launch

there must be huge amount of changes to this game by now so I'll wait and see if it grows on me... I just did not want to play some dude going out at night around his block hunting alien rats

They did say there would be a variety of enemies so I think that's a little unfair to assume that on one demo stage.

Killer Freaks the leading graphical showcase for Wii-U...god I hope not

Why not?

I see that being saved for Nintendo's presser.

I expect a first party title (Pikmin 3) to be the graphical showcase for Wii U, even if development started on Wii I dont think that means anything at all. Really a stupid observation if you asked me.

Well the Zelda demo was made in a short time on unfinished hardware using Gamecube assets. They did pretty good with that.

BG made me realize something very important to my E3 GAF enjoyment. Several major third parties will have presentations before Nintendo. Will they simply pretend the Wii U doesnt exist until the next day and have all their game announcements wasted in a sizzle reel at Nintendos presser? No way to spend time on the non exclusive ones on stage.

Obviously its only a day and not that big of a deal, but i would love to see some demos/videos of whatever ports the Wii U will get this fall. That way, GAF can have its inevitable and dark comparison debate before we are cleansed in the light of actual surprises and reveals at Nintendo on Tuesday.

PS: How many days early was Nintendo's secret E3 press event last year where the first real hands on with the Wii U controller happened?

Anth0ny

BG made me realize something very important to my E3 GAF enjoyment. Several major third parties will have presentations before Nintendo. Will they simply pretend the Wii U doesnt exist until the next day and have all their game announcements wasted in a sizzle reel at Nintendos presser? No way to spend time on the non exclusive ones on stage.

Obviously its only a day and not that big of a deal, but i would love to see some demos/videos of whatever ports the Wii U will get this fall. That way, GAF can have its inevitable and dark comparison debate before we are cleansed in the light of actual surprises and reveals at Nintendo on Tuesday.

This is what I don't understand. Is Ubisoft going to completely ignore Wii U at their conference?

Well, EA did announced a 3DS game before Nintendo's conf.

Terrell

Cammie was being used as the "face of your average mom" who Nintendo wanted to court.
Still the dumbest E3 decision they ever made...

Well, let's be honest... at least when Cammie talked about engaging people outside the core audience, you BELIEVED her.

Part of the reason that people thought Wii would flop, in my opinion, was the delivery of the message by a slick-talking middle-aged male executive in a suit... we thought he was selling us a line. And why shouldn't we think that? Wouldn't be the first time it's happened, and the method in which Reggie speaks (i.e. like a slick-talking middle-aged male executive) doesn't help any.

Cammie Dunaway basically showed the world what they were pretending wasn't happening.

If the content of her speech at 2008 wasn't so shamelessly aimed, I find she was a better public speaker than Reggie. Shame that she was trotted out with the sole purpose of making people hear what Reggie wasn't getting to sink in. She could have been great.

I want another woman on stage at E3. It'd make my day.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Likely.
It happened with the Wii, after all.
Nintendo will hold everything until Tuesday morning.

Oh really? Didn't know that. There were press conferences before Nintendo's E3 press conference in '06 for companies that had Wii games in development? I assumed that Nintendo would give them the go ahead, but I'll be very happy if they make them hold on to it. :)

Well, let's be honest... at least when Cammie talked about engaging people outside the core audience, you BELIEVED her.

Part of the reason that people thought Wii would flop, in my opinion, was the delivery of the message by a slick-talking middle-aged male executive in a suit... we thought he was selling us a line. And why shouldn't we think that? Wouldn't be the first time it's happened, and the method in which Reggie speaks (i.e. like a slick-talking middle-aged male executive) doesn't help any.

Cammie Dunaway basically showed the world what they were pretending wasn't happening.

If the content of her speech at 2008 wasn't so shamelessly aimed, I find she was a better public speaker than Reggie. Shame that she was trotted out with the sole purpose of making people hear what Reggie wasn't getting to sink in. She could have been great.

I want another woman on stage at E3. It'd make my day.

I really do feel Cammie had the potential to be awesome. Hell, she was awesome later in her time at Nintendo. I remember some fantastic interviews involving her.

This is what I don't understand. Is Ubisoft going to completely ignore Wii U at their conference?

Having a major partner like that devote significant time to your new machine seems like a great thing. Maybe Nintendo will have a minor pre E3 reveal with final name and some undisclosed hardware features highlighted etc. Then actual game announcements and demos on tuesday?

Unlikely, but hey, i can dream.

Chu Chu!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Given that the show is only an hour long, I would guess that only exclusives will be held till Nintendo's event.

It's only an hour this year? That's a shame.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh I thought you guys were talking about Nintendo's.

EatChildren

I thought the 3DS year was 1:30?

EatChildren

Wasn't it 1hr of an actual conference and then 30 minutes for people to play with the models... I mean the 3DS attached to the models?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Yep, I think you're right.

I don't know what I'm on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom