• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to Volquez for good night. Brew bats were futile against him (mainly due to them having terrible approaches at the plate.) Brew pen is almost as bad as Angels at this point, harsh words I know.

With Suppan pitching tomorrow, here's hoping they get to tee off against him.

Sharp

Being at Bryce Harper's home debut was every bit as disappointing as I could have hoped! A few more performances like this and he might actually be sent down to the minors to work on the holes in his swing. Then again, considering how much replacement level hitting talent we're fielding, maybe they'd rather he develop in the majors.

The Red Sox have still not called up Aaron Cook, which means he now has 48 hours to opt-out of his deal and become a free agent if he wants.

Cook is 3-0 with a 1.89 ERA in 5 starts with AAA Pawtucket.

cashman

Banned
Being at Bryce Harper's home debut was every bit as disappointing as I could have hoped! A few more performances like this and he might actually be sent down to the minors to work on the holes in his swing. Then again, considering how much replacement level hitting talent we're fielding, maybe they'd rather he develop in the majors.

I think it's good that he got called up to early. Gives him a taste of real failure, and hopefully he bounces back from it.

Davey knows something about bringing up kids early, he's done it so many times in his career. However he said something the other day... he said that he thought Bryce Harper will be better than Darryl Strawberry was his 1st few years...

Ok Davey, I respect you and loved your tenure as Mets manager. You're very intelligent about these things (kinda)...

Get off the crack.

Bryce Harper is not ready. Forget about Darryl Strawberry, you better hope you don't turn him into Gregg Jeffries.

jays_walkoff_29edma7h_kc5skiq3.jpg

Sharp

Davey knows something about bringing up kids early, he's done it so many times in his career. However he said something the other day... he said that he thought Bryce Harper will be better than Darryl Strawberry was his 1st few years...

Ok Davey, I respect you and loved your tenure as Mets manager. You're very intelligent about these things (kinda)...

Get off the crack.

Bryce Harper is not ready. Forget about Darryl Strawberry, you better hope you don't turn him into Gregg Jeffries.
Davey's been swooning over Bryce on and off the record for a long time now. Obviously it's been a small sample, but so far I've been much more impressed with his arm than his bat.

eznark

Banned
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/3904502/143647757_extra_large.jpg[/IMG

The ghost of Fausto Carmona has infused Ubaldo.

Wild. Can't locate. Velocity is down. Can't give you 7 innings. +5 ERA.

Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Seemed pretty clear he was winding down when they traded for him.

Sanjuro

Andy Pettitte is blowing the lid of the steroids cover, in ways Canseco could only dream.

Before he could begin testifying about Clemens, Pettitte had to answer very rudimentary questions meant to educate a jury that knows little about baseball, leading him to make statements such as: "The Boston Red Sox play in Boston."

I thought we played in Brookline this whole time!

Doytch

I turned the game off after Cordero blew the save to go play sex trivia. I am gutted, gutted I missed a Lawrie walk-off jack.

Sanjuro

Rumor is that Middlebrooks will be coming up, possibly tonight. Middlebrooks thumb and a evaluation for Youkillis being the cause for delay.

My face.

kVLol.jpg

Sanjuro

Also, Oil Can Boyd's story keeps getting more fucked up.

Apparently there was an E:60 on him last night. He admitted to doing crack every day of the 1986 season. Even going so far as to keeping the substance under his cap, spilling it on the mound.

Doogdogg

Rumor is that Middlebrooks will be coming up, possibly tonight. Middlebrooks thumb and a evaluation for Youkillis being the cause for delay.

My face.

kVLol.jpg

Yeah heard they might bring him up. Nick Punto is straight up trash. Good thing they sign him only two year.

and sanju, you remember this?

yi96n.jpg

Sanjuro

Yeah heard they might bring him up. Nick Punto is straight up trash. Good thing they sign him only two year.

and sanju, you remember this?

yi96n.jpg

Yes. I went to the All-Star Game in 1999. At the fanfest, they had a giant replica of the new stadium, maybe eight feet long. It was beautiful.

Os top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy had 4 starts without giving up a hit. Streak was ended by first batter he saw yesterday. Hitters went 0-39 during that stretch.

Always bothered me that the CF bleachers were facing the RF grandstand. I'm sure they would swing the seats around, but still looks weird.
Yeah, I noticed that too, not exactly sure what the theory was there. Generally though, a new stadium would have been so much nicer. They've done a nice job with some of the changes, but a good chunk of the seats (mostly the cheaper ones) still blow for watching the game.

sangreal

It doesn't look like Brett Gardner will be ready to be activated Thursday. Girardi: "We’re going to see where he’s at after today. We’re starting to get to a point where Thursday might be a little doubtful just because he has to go play a game or two.”

call up a fucking outfielder. We don't need 13 pitchers

Parch

Had major doubts about Encarnacion last year. When Lawrie proved to be for real I thought Edwin was disposable.
I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom