• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Watching the GDC art of Diablo presentation... HNNNGH!

Considering ordering the CE just because of the art book. Fuck. But I can't play right away right D:

Xater

I've heard the Mac client's gotten much better since the open beta, which ran pretty well. Anyone know of any hands-on accounts on performance changes?

I only played the public beta and it ran awesome on my 2011 iMac. (1080p, all high, AA)

yukonrye

Yea, I kind of figured but there's a little part of me that still hopes. Even 10 bucks off helps a lot right now, lol.
Keep your eye on cheapassgamer.com. Retailers will often offer generic coupons you can use against D3. I got $10 off the CE from Buy.com using a code. Back when SC2 came out I managed to pre-order that CE for $80 thanks to a coupon code glitch someone discovered. You never know what you'll find.

Are you aware whether, somewhere on the internet, somebody tested the integrated graph of the upcoming Ivy bridge with the Beta ?

I am curious whether the intel HD4000 can handle Diablo 3, decently. I am guessing not very well or not with filters/high res, but some tests would be interesting ... I'll buy the new macbook pro 13" as soon as it is updated and I obviously would be quite happy if it could handle the game.

Xdrive05

Question about accounts and # of installations:

If you buy one license (copy of the game), can you "install" the game on as many machines as you like, just as long as you only play on one at a time with that account?

Question about accounts and # of installations:

If you buy one license (copy of the game), can you "install" the game on as many machines as you like, just as long as you only play on one at a time with that account?

yep. the installation isn't important anymore, it's the login. you can install it onto whatever you want, but you can only log your account in from one machine at a time.

RS4-

So just one bnet account per key or whatever they're including with the game?

I guess me and my brother will just split character slots.

Xdrive05

yep. the installation isn't important anymore, it's the login. you can install it onto whatever you want, but you can only log your account in from one machine at a time.

Awesome. Thanks.

I can make a char for my wife, who will refuse to play it because she'd rather grind on the Sims 2. But at least I have the option.

Why is the 15th taking so long?

Kryor

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a laptop since I'll be going away for University.

I've been searching some and found a decent one, could you guys tell me how well it would be able to play Diablo 3 at 1920x1080?

Full HD 15.5" screen
CPU: Intel® Core(TM) i7-2640M 2.80GHz
RAM: 6GB DDR3 SDRAM
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6470M

Danj

I've been searching some and found a decent one, could you guys tell me how well it would be able to play Diablo 3 at 1920x1080?

Full HD 15.5" screen

Well, here's a link to some benchmarks of that GPU, if that helps. Seems like it might be a bit weak. I have an older i7-720QM laptop with a 5850 GPU and that works fine though, so I'd say you just need something with a 7 or 8 in that second digit in the GPU.

Xdrive05

Full HD 15.5" screen

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/28132-graphic-card-list/

6450/6490 default to low, 6570/6670 medium. Not sure how that works for 1080p though.

Hauk

Neo Member
I don't think the game is very demanding unless the full game has more options? My Asus g74s laptop maxed the beta out no problem

Yea it seemed to run rock solid, only co-op play in beta lowered the responsiveness a little, something I noticed when going from co-op to singleplayer. Singleplayer as in when the servers didn't smack me with error about some queue-shit and actually connected. Oh dog the release date circus, I bet there will be "a couple" of technical hiccups at launch. Like not being able to play at all. Because it's all tied to the servers.
But I digress.

FinKL

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2012/5/3/diablo-3s-ability-system.html

David Sirlin, an old school Street Fighter player who now works on game design and recently released his own card games, wrote a blog post about Diablo III. Here's the intro excerpt

Diablo 3 comes out in a couple weeks. I'm giving it the coveted award for "Biggest Comeback In System Design." Diablo 2's ability system was so bad that it's almost unbelievable, while the way Diablo 3 handles ability customization is one of the very best systems I've seen.

I've heard the Mac client's gotten much better since the open beta, which ran pretty well. Anyone know of any hands-on accounts on performance changes?

I haven't played the open beta, but I've never had any problems with the client before that. If it's gotten better, it has to be almost impeccable.

David Sirlin, an old school Street Fighter player who now works on game design and recently released his own card games, wrote a blog post about Diablo III. Here's the intro excerpt

In Diablo II's defense it was the best thing available in 2001. But D3 has done a lot of much needed streamlining, like no more stat/skill allocating, no more scrolls of identify/town portal, walk over gold to pick it up, the healing orbs, etc.

scy

I love number crunching. I love min/maxing. I love theorycrafting. It's just my thing. I love skill tree systems for figuring out the best things to do.

And yet, Diablo IIIs system is goddamn amazing. I love it. I can still number crunch it all day.

New video with Jay Wilson talking inferno is up:
Diablo III - Blizzard's Top Tips for Inferno Mode

"We KNEW that no matter how good we are, our players are going to be better." -- Hope renewed that Inferno will actually be hard! Got disappointed at the lowball stats for it. Getting hyped for my planned Monk/Wizard duoing through Inferno.

I think Male Demon Hunter is better in armor than Female DH.

Male Barb > Female Barb
Male WD > Female WD
Male DH > Female DH
Female Monk > Make Monk
Female Wiz > Male Wiz

Raide

Wizards have the most awesome/satisfying attacks.

I dunno. Barbs hit thing damn hard and they go flying across the screen. Monks punch things and they explode. Never get bored of seeing some hapless monsters flying to the moon after some skull-crushing blows lands. :D

crap, now i want to switch to Wiz again for my main class...

I was set on WD too all this time now, must.resist. (my friend will already be going Wiz the bastard)

Riggs

Banned
Really I can't wait anymore, if I had a TON of money I would just pay some immoral doctor to put me in a medical induced coma until the 15th.

scy

I'm more interested in the footage they're showing of the game that I haven't seen before. His tips are pretty basic. YOU NEED DAMAGE. YOU NEED DEFENSE. I know that, thanks.

To be fair, I think his point was more that Inferno is balanced towards ... well, a balanced load out rather than just Elective Mode and going all-out damage everywhere. Though, I suppose it is pretty obvious anyway.

Dresden

Still set on the witch doctor. I love magic, I love weird shit, I love summons, I love CC . . . fuck yeah.

I wonder if having a build that just raises up walls of minions to tank for your group is viable for Inferno. We'll see. Can't fucking wait.

HenryHSH

I dunno. Barbs hit thing damn hard and they go flying across the screen. Monks punch things and they explode. Never get bored of seeing some hapless monsters flying to the moon after some skull-crushing blows lands. :D

Gotta hand it to Blizzard. They're all so satisfying to play. :|

Cant decide which class i will play on launch day. I loved the Necromancer in Diablo 2 but i dont know if the Witch Doctor can replace my Army Mancer. So its either a Witch Doctor, Barbarian or a Sorceress.

Credo

GTX 275 - High

Fuck Yeah!

That's what I'm saying. I was thinking about using Diablo 3 to justify buying a 670 next week or a 660 whenever it comes out, but if my 275 will run the thing on high, I might just save the cash.

I thought I was probably due for an upgrade, but I'm glad you posted that.

hitsugi

I'm still wondering how long it will take someone (or a team) to clear Inferno... same for HC.

All of the wild speculations of months and never (for HC), but it seems Jay has managed to hype it up to the point where most people doubt anyone will clear it within a week of release.

I wasn't around for the Diablo 2 release, but D2 ended up being more about the grind to hit 99 than clearing Hell.

Leckan

Due to the Nephalem Valor system I wonder how long it will take players to get the hint and adapt to it since it is so different to the D2 way of farming. Although, I guess pre-Inferno it will stay mostly the same.

spats

I would just like to drop in and say that I'm extremely anxious to play this game. Like 'about to pee myself-kind of excited.

Pre-downloaded the game last week and I'd like to think I'm pretty much ready for may 15th. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Going to start stocking up on unhealthy things to eat soon.

I kinda wish it launched on a friday or a saturday but what are you gonna do.

Also can't believe LOD was a 2001 game. Feels like ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom