• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YOSHICHAN - NORMAL - FINAL GAME STATS

Frenzy baba with lots and lots of mobility and defensive skills - 415 dps unbuffed, ~700 dps buffed

yGXOj.jpg

rXMGn.png

You've never experienced the train wreck that kid can be about particular games?

Over the next 24 to 48 hours it'll get even worse.

Haha, no. If that post is any indication, I don't want to. I've seen him act like Dark Souls killed his sister in other threads though and sent him to a psych ward.

Regular price is the right price for what you'll get out of it.

Nah. I got Torchlight on sale and it was just worth the price. There's no way I'll play D3 the way to justify the price tag.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I started to get tired in act III (the two crashed I experienced didn't help this at all), but as soon as I slapped myself on the cheek a couple of time, I was ready for action again.

I have no intentions of sleeping anytime soon. Nightmare? It's on!

You've never experienced the train wreck that kid can be about particular games?

Over the next 24 to 48 hours it'll get even worse.

AND...where are the goddamn reviews?

They are out. They are the metacritic user reviews :D Heck thats what most of the reviews are probably going to sound like. All of them will whine about the launch or the WOW CARTOON GRAPHIXSS or the SHIT DRM FUCK YOU BLIZZZZZZZZZ

Anyone playing this with an 9400m netbook gfx? I will try this game with a guestpass as soon as I'm able to access my battle.net account (authenticator on an dead phone of mine) to see if my macbook will melt or not.

So sad too see that my CE got shipped to an adress where I don't live anymore.

I think you'll get by on low, but I'm pretty sure thats the best you'll get.

I got in 45 minutes this morning with the Monk. I wanted to call in sick, but my wife, who is actually sick and went to work anyway, would kill me. It's our anniversary too, so I'll be unable to play it tonight.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
They are out. They are the metacritic user reviews :D Heck thats what most of the reviews are probably going to sound like. All of them will whine about the launch or the WOW CARTOON GRAPHIXSS or the SHIT DRM FUCK YOU BLIZZZZZZZZZ

What the hell are you talking about?

If you guys are surprised at Yoshi you really should have been around at the launch of Dark Souls. He blazed through that game so quickly and it is considerably longer for a first playthrough (at least 50 hours or so I'd say).

I have no intentions of sleeping anytime soon. Nightmare? It's on!
Can't say I expected anything less!

Haha, no. If that post is any indication, I don't want to. I've seen him act like Dark Souls killed his sister in other threads though and sent him to a psych ward.

Dark Souls was my first experience as well...

I'm expecting unprecedented levels of drama.

Thanks man. I'm not so concerned about the numbers but I would like to see what people have to say about it.

12 hours?

uhhhhhhhh

well I guess playing through it with other classes and stuff, but still...

If you guys are surprised at Yoshi you really should have been around at the launch of Dark Souls. He blazed through that game so quickly and it is considerably longer for a first playthrough (at least 50 hours or so I'd say).

Oh. Yoshi you're a freak of nature bro.

Yoshichan

It's unfortunate that the game is that short. =/ Oh well.
Now before anyone asks if I rushed the game... use common sense for a minute. Yoshi would never do such a thing on his first playthrough.

I pretty much explored everything since I got all the "throughout" achievements on every act.

Now before anyone asks if I rushed the game... use common sense for a minute. Yoshi would never do such a thing on his first playthrough.

I pretty much explored everything since I got all the "throughout" achievements on every act.
Well that's a shame... I was hoping you did rush so it would take me a lot longer.

Yoshichan

All right guys, wish me all good luck in nightmare! Going for it asap.

It's actually starting to get warm in the bunker now that I think about it.

Cipherr

Actually that's a decent amount of time.

People need to understand the game is meant to be played over and over on higher and higher difficulties. That's when it gets fun.

Yeah I don't think people get this part of it at all. Its not going to be a particularly long Final Fantasy like campaign. That is not what this game is about. Its not built to be like that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
the metacritic reviews.

I know you're talking about metacritic. There isn't a single review out for this game and if there is one out there, the site is absolute garbage. Press has had the game for the same amount of time as everyone else. No way you can play the game extensively and review it in such a short amount of time. And I mean NO WAY.

He was insufferable when it came to Dark Souls.

Yeah, no shit.

12 hours can't be much less than diablo 2 on normal. Although I still get the feeling normal is easier in d3 to attract new players. Luckily there's a 4th difficulty ;)

rCIZZLE

So... do we lose quest progress if we leave our game and join a public game that's in a previous quest? Because I did that and that's what it looks like to me.

Yeah I don't think people get this part of it at all. Its not going to be a particularly long Final Fantasy like campaign. That is not what this game is about. Its not built to be like that.

Well now people will be playing the last two acts over and over when inferno is figured out:p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I just beat it T_T

Holy Crap Yoshi! I got my wizard to lvl 5 this morning before I had to leave for work, but I'm sure I won't even get to beat normal tonight yet. I'm taking my time the first few runs through, looking at everything, reading all the dialogue and text, just really soaking it all in.

I'm going to be so far behind most of you, LOL.

I know you're talking about metacritic. There isn't a single review out for this game and if there is one out there, the site is absolute garbage. Press has had the game for the same amount of time as everyone else. No way you can play the game extensively and review it in such a short amount of time. And I mean NO WAY.

Yeah, no shit.

What I'm saying is that the official reviews are going to sound just like the user reviews due to the fact they also experienced the early connection issues. All their complaints are just going to be rehashed versions of what everyone already heard before. No point even looking forward to them,

TheContact

In this case bosses aren't even the best loot droppers, although they do drop good gear. Its the rare/champion dudes that drop the best stuff I think. This was a measure take by blizzard to get rid of repetitive boss runs.

I liked that part of d2 a lot. I would wake up before school and do Mephisto runs with my mf sorc

Beating the game is just the beginning.

Newcomers to the series might not realize that and could end up disappointed if they only wanted to play through it once or whatever but yeah I'll be playing this for years to come. 12 hours first go through seems fine to me.

Xdrive05

Jesus, people. This isn't a final fantasy game.

Judging the meat of a Diablo game by a Normal softcore run is like a runner judging a stair climb up the empire state building based on the elevator ride up.

Bradach

YOSHICHAN - NORMAL - FINAL GAME STATS

Frenzy baba with lots and lots of mobility and defensive skills - 415 dps unbuffed, ~700 dps buffed

12 hours played? I heard 25 hours being thrown around by some blizz developers (as far as i remember). Did you make an effort to power through it or was that at a normal pace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom